Shoes,Shoes,Shoes!!!

TnMama

How many pairs of shoes to you cruise with?  

316 members have voted

1. 1. How many pairs of shoes to you cruise with?

I'd like to start a thread thats only about shoes!:)What kinds you wear on casual nights,days,beach time,and formal nights!

Yes,laides {or men} that means breaking out the Kodak and taking feet pics! We can give each other suggestions about what looks appropriate for which times. It will help out this novice {till July} cruiser.

I personally am a sandal,flip flop, barefeet junkie. So show us what youre wearing !!!:D

I'd like to start a thread thats only about shoes!:)What kinds you wear on casual nights,days,beach time,and formal nights!

Yes,laides {or men} that means breaking out the Kodak and taking feet pics! We can give each other suggestions about what looks appropriate for which times. It will help out this novice {till July} cruiser.

I personally am a sandal,flip flop, barefeet junkie. So show us what youre wearing !!!:D

I am not sure yet, but I just wanted to say that I love your "UK" sign. ;) GO BIG BLUE!!!

LOVE them!!! I esp like the sling backs. I wont wear shoes in too light of colors b/c I wear an 11,so it makes my feet look like Great Pyraneese {sic} paws! lol.

I love Old Navy flip flops. I wear black ones with just about everything.So for sure one of those pair. I also have some lime green ones that look very Carribean!

Im still on the fence about tennis shoes {use your local term:)} b/c I mainly only wear them in winter. My roomie and I were talking about it just saturday. She wears them alot,but me not so much. I feel like,if I dont have them Ill need them,like if its raining or somesuch in Nassau and I dont want to go sking with my big sleds. lol.

I cant get my formal night ones to load just yet,but I put them on another shoe thread. But this one is just about looking!

I am not sure yet' date=' but I just wanted to say that I love your "UK" sign. ;) GO BIG BLUE!!![/quote']

wooo hooo!!! My DH's family is all Mem alum,so you can imagine the smack that gets talked! lol. funny thing is.Im from MS,but live in TN now,but have always been a UK fan, go figure.;)

In the daytime and at the pool, I usually wear flip-flops....even for going ashore in most places. Lightweight, easy to pack.

I have NEVER brought sneakers on a cruise! Never!

I bring several different pairs of heels for dinner/evening...

Hubby brings flip-flops, sandals, and dress shoes (and those dress shoes weigh a ton!)

On a short cruise, I bring 3 pairs. 1 pair of sadals for around the deck and on casual evenings, 1 pair of dress shoes for elegant night, and 1 pair of sneakers for extended walking. I hate wearing sneakers on a cruise, but my feet are super prone to blisters.

I think I may have actually brought 4 pairs! I wore sneakers, packed flipflops, water shoes and a pair of dress shoes. wait a minute, maybe I took a another pair too! Maybe I'll leave my sneakers home this time since my roomie is a big flip flop wearer (no pun intended :rolleyes:)

In the daytime and at the pool, I usually wear flip-flops....even for going ashore in most places. Lightweight, easy to pack.

I have NEVER brought sneakers on a cruise! Never!

I bring several different pairs of heels for dinner/evening...

Hubby brings flip-flops, sandals, and dress shoes (and those dress shoes weigh a ton!)

Wooo hooo! a woman after my own heart! I think you just helped me make up my mind,even though MIL says I should take em! lol.

I think I may have actually brought 4 pairs! I wore sneakers, packed flipflops, water shoes and a pair of dress shoes. wait a minute, maybe I took a another pair too! Maybe I'll leave my sneakers home this time since my roomie is a big flip flop wearer (no pun intended :rolleyes:)

:p yes, your roomie is a BIG flip flop wearer and it will do you good not to forget it....see my signature! lol.

I posted this pic on another thread here,but these are the ones Im wearing for formal night and with my sun dresses. You cant see the heel,but its about 3 inches.and yes,they are pretty comfy for some plastic and straps.

2073493345_stuff023.jpg.2c7ee56ed2a68f194e1061bfff6a5436.jpg

1074828931_stuff020.jpg.f3df51a810c6e77ada1ca188639a4f9b.jpg

I voted 4-7, but that varies. I always take tennis shoes because we like to walk/exercise on the ship and in port. I either wear them on the plane or put them in the bottom of my tote I carry on since they take up the most room. If I don't wear them I wear a pair of aclosed-toe slides on the plane.

I take one pair of casual sandals; sometimes two; I don't like flip-flops. I usually take a pair of water shoes and 1-3 pairs of casual/dressy shoes for evenings--usually strappy sandals or slings.

This is all complicated by the fact that I have foot problems, so I have to bring shoes that don't cause too much trouble. This is why all the dress shoes; if one pair is causing me trouble I switch to another.

Sorry, no pictures here. I wish I could wear the really high, strappy heels but can't do it anymore.

i wear my tennis shoes, and pack one pair of flip flops, and one pair of black OKA-b low heeled sandals--I think it is called Isabelle. (www.shoesthatloveyou.com). Comfortable, and the OKA-b sandals are great for any kind of apparel--shorts, crops, long pants, skirts, and dresses.

My MIL got my GMIL some of those for Christmas. She thought they were so cute! I had never heard of or seen them before. Thanks for the link!!!

And thank you all ladies for sharing! Now,lets see some actual pics! lol.

I cannot imagine travelling without sneakers as I will need them for the gym. I also intend to walk as many k' as possible whilst in port. I will also take a pair of comfotable walking sandals- for casual and one pair high heels for dinner. Unless I happen to buy shoes in Hong Kong- which I am kind of hoping to do- that will be all. I like to travel as lightly as possible.:)

I love all your responces ladies! I see the practicality of wearing sneakers, but I also will be flying,and I hate taking off shoes at the AP so I always wear the flops to fly {teehee}. ANd Im very glad to see Im not the only one who wants just the "right" shoe for different outfits!

What about Wedge sandals? Ill show yall a pic of what Im talking about. Cant ya tell Im a novice? Im just worried that these will be not only too heavy in my suitcase,but bulky for clomping around the ship too. {please dont laugh at my white tree trunk legs, Im 5'7, so I need my strong foundation!}

1392240620_stuff034.jpg.9a33cc50cb940479ad34325fd5abb6d3.jpg

1952064579_stuff031.jpg.6098dae76353c54c9256fd6266e33827.jpg

Ok I made a rookie mistake yesterday. I have been looking at these cute dresses on Ebay and someone suggested Esperillas[sp] So, I start looking on Ebay for those and I found these really great ones in pink. I ordered them and then went back to the dresses to order something with pink, guess what, no pink. No I have these cute new pink shoes and now I have to build some outfits around pink. I think they would be cute with capris and my pink tee. They may be too heavy to take for one outfit. Duh!!! I thought I planned better than that, guess not.

So, now I still want the Ebay sundress and will need shoes for that wow, what poor planning.

Ok I made a rookie mistake yesterday. I have been looking at these cute dresses on Ebay and someone suggested Esperillas[sp] So, I start looking on Ebay for those and I found these really great ones in pink. I ordered them and then went back to the dresses to order something with pink, guess what, no pink. No I have these cute new pink shoes and now I have to build some outfits around pink. I think they would be cute with capris and my pink tee. They may be too heavy to take for one outfit. Duh!!! I thought I planned better than that, guess not.

So, now I still want the Ebay sundress and will need shoes for that wow, what poor planning.

That is such a "Sarah" me, thing to do.lol. Heres a tip. Dont think of it as a rookie mistake, think of it as building from the ground up! I once bought a pair of awesome brown sandals on the cheap,but it took me 3 months to find "just the right" shirt to wear with it! I dont know about you,but I have big feet,so when I find a pair I love, ESP on clearnace, I scoop them up. Clothes you can find anytime,but the right pair of shoes....not so much.;)

Lets see those shoes...

The number of shoes depends on how I'm getting to the ship and who is carrying my bags :) If we're driving, I have a tendency to take more shoes because I don't have to pay if the bag is heavy, and I can take as many bags as I want. Last cruise, we flew, and I wore sneakers on the plane, took a pair of dressy shoes, 2 pairs of casual sandals, and a pair of flip flops, and ended up buying another pair on the ship. Oh, and a pair of white sandals also, but they're flat, take up hardly any room, so they don't really count.

Archived