All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what they charge for computer time (by the hour, day or entire voyage)? Are their computers as slow as most others on cruise ships?

Thanks for any info.:)

These are the prices on the Spirit in December 11/January 12

Pay as you go - $0.50 per minute

Plans:

Option 1 - 1000 minutes $250

Option 2- 250 minutes $85

Option 3 - 100 minutes $45

We found the speed to be not too bad, mostly. It was a bit patchy. I haven't sailed on other lines so I can't compare. I think it also depends on where you are in the world too. That said we were just answering emails rather than opening web pages with lots of graphics, etc.

If you have OBC you can use it for your internet package.

nb - they don't refund any credit time that is unused by the end of the cruise.

Does anyone know what the laundry room hours are?

I am almost certain that they are open 24/7. I was able to get a wine stained blouse into a machine at 2am one day, or perhaps it should have been locked up and someone forgot.

Also, I just saw a great tip from poster 'wellseasoned' on another thread advising to use the laundry rooms on decks 10 and 11, as they tend to be underused due to the only suites up there are Silver Suites.

I had the pleasure of being on the Spirit in October/November. I am 6'4" and a side sleeper. While most beds are short I did not have a problem.

On the beds, poster 'meow' took detailed measurements and I'm sure the result was that the beds on the Spirit are 2" shorter than on the Cloud (Or Shadow, I don't remember which other ship was measured).

What are the choices of soaps and shampoos on the Spirit? Which is better?

In December 2011 the choice was BVLGARI Eau de thé vert or Salvatore Ferragamo. We weren't offered the Neutrogena, so I can't say if that's still available.

I don't think the BVLGARI (ridiculous brand spelling) is any better or worse than the Ferragamo, we just pick it because we prefer the scent of it.

As Doug pointed out, the butler will offer you a choice, but it's a personal decision.

I am almost certain that they are open 24/7. I was able to get a wine stained blouse into a machine at 2am one day, or perhaps it should have been locked up and someone forgot.

Also, I just saw a great tip from poster 'wellseasoned' on another thread advising to use the laundry rooms on decks 10 and 11, as they tend to be underused due to the only suites up there are Silver Suites.

Cruzluvers, further to my comment here, please note in this thread :

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1589956

it's confirmed that the laundry rooms are locked at 10pm. I don't know what time they open.

Clearly, the morning I needed to clean my blouse, someone had forgotten to lock it. I did shut the door behind me in case of noise.

duct tape, I think because of the thread title, many people think it's the right thing to ask their questions about the Spirit here. Also anyone who is new to the Spirit will read the thread for useful information, I certainly did last year before I sailed on her.

On some other message boards I've seen newbies lambasted for 'posting in the wrong section'.

If you think the thread has served it's purpose now, perhaps you could ask Host Dan to lock it?

• 2 weeks later...

Bring Purex 3 in 1 sheets for the laundry - it's laundry soap and dryer sheet all in one. Learned this from a cc tip last year on our rollcall.

Does anyone know if the other Silverseas ships serve escargot at dinner. The Spirit was the first ship we have ever sailed on that did not have them on the menu at least once.

We have had escargot every trip aboard Silver Spirit. They will prepare them for you if you give them a 1 day advanced notice. They are not often on the menu. I really like escargot, but I don't particularly like the way SS prepares them.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are planning to sail on the Silver Spirit for the 2013 Christmas New Year’s cruise in the Caribbean for my birthday. Since this will be our 1st Silverseas cruise, we were wondering which Silver Suite to book.

Janine

Archived