All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

Billcrooz, hopefully we can all (Dougburns, Wellseasoned (Dieter), you and I and our DW's) enjoy a glass or two of Santa Margherita during our Cloud Amazon River cruise next November. Cheers.

Santa Margherita not being poured on Cloud last week.....acceptable substitute along with many others. Not complaining -- just the fact.

Billcrooz, hopefully we can all (Dougburns, Wellseasoned (Dieter), you and I and our DW's) enjoy a glass or two of Santa Margherita during our Cloud Amazon River cruise next November. Cheers.

Santa Margherita not being poured on Cloud last week - an acceptable substitute offered. Not complaining - just reporting the fact.

Hey guys, don't forget me on the Amazon! Since you are all Spirit fans, an opportunity has presented itself and I amy not be able to refuse. We have not gone on the Spirit yet due to feedback and just plain ornriness (?sp). My TA is going to be the Virtuoso Host in a few weeks and according to the SS website the cruise has a huge sale...so wish us luck! I have read the Sticky.

Hi Duct Tape, is this our Spirit crossing departing Lisbon on Oct 21st, if so, great. Pls see below-- a recent post on the roll call thread from PhillipB:

Because our numbers are smaller this year I would suggest an informal get together - again on the first morning at sea out from Lisbon and suggest we meet in the Panorama Lounge (Deck 9 aft) on the port side from 10.30 onwards. I will be there and hope to see as many of you as wish to show up. If you need to contact me I am in Cabin 524.

Best wishes.

Duct Tape

Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us on the transatlantic but perhaps we'll see you on the pier or at the airport in Barbados on the 5th of November. We're looking forward to the trip and hope it will be as great as our North Cape cruise with you last year. What a great CC brunch we had on that trip. Really memorable!

• 2 months later...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspection report for Silver Spirit, Dated 2 December 2011 is out. The score is 100%, and the narrative report described the issues that were recognized and corrected.

Here is the link to cut and paste:

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionResults.aspx

Great food? Absolutely yes. Well trained and motivated staff? Absolutely yes. Safe food? Absolutely yes. What a superb experience we all had on the 2011 Transatlantic.

Many thanks to the officers and staff - and congratulations on a job well done.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to go back to the topic of the noisy suites on Deck 6, for anyone who needs to know for the future.

Our friends were in 642 recently and reported that very slight noise can be heard from The Bar in that suite. They report that their sleep wasn't affected at all, the noise in that particular suite sounded like low distant television noise or similar. The entertainment in there is usually the pianist or the Silver Spirit Trio and it ended each evening at midnight. They didn't get chance to ask their neigbours in the worst affected suites 646/648 how bad the noise was but would happily stay in 642 again in the future.

Some other odd things that may have been picked up before. No Golf net on the ship, not sure why, and somehow the beds seem to be slightly shorter. Have been assured that the double matrasses are the same size across the fleet, but still do not quite believe it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this.

Some other odd things that may have been picked up before. No Golf net on the ship, not sure why, and somehow the beds seem to be slightly shorter. Have been assured that the double matrasses are the same size across the fleet, but still do not quite believe it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this.

On the beds, poster 'meow' took detailed measurements and I'm sure the result was that the beds on the Spirit are 2" shorter than on the Cloud (Or Shadow, I don't remember which other ship was measured).

I never doubted the veracity of meow's tape measure.

Measuring tape for my transatlantic friends ;)

On a serious note, it makes sense that the beds had to be shorter on Spirit, because the suites are narrower. Not a problem for us petite (short and dumpy in my case) ladies, but my 6'2" husband sleeps with this ankles and feet hanging over the edge...If he reads this he'll be wanting to sail on one of the longer bedded ships next time!

• 3 weeks later...

Even though there were mixed reviews on Susan a while ago, we found her to be extremely good at her job and she mixed very well with all of the pax during our Oct/Nov 2011 cruise on Silver Spirit. She was one of the best we've experienced out of our 19 cruises with both Silversea and Regent.

Archived