All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

The SCL web site (official web site for Santiago's airport) reports that that airport is in "partial" operation:

http://www.aeropuertosantiago.cl/english/

I would assume that many flights are coming in and leaving, albeit on an adjusted schedule.

Arriving at SCL on Sunday was a breeze. Although the terminal itself is shut we found it easy to get our bags, clear immigrations and customs and be on our way.

The trip from Santiago airport to Valparaiso was fairly fast--something like 90 minutes. The highway is fine and things appear, on the surface, to be operating normally.

How's this for a grand Silversea welcome back? We go up to the Panorama lounge before dinner, and there are Vanessa and Rose, waiting for us. Vanessa says to me, "Would you like your regular martini? I know you like blue cheese olives." Remembering that they don't normally stock them, I said that although I do like the blue cheese olives, if they don't have them, tomorrow is fine. "I saw you were onboard, so I took the liberty of ordering them in advance" she said.

True SS service.

Wil & Craig, thanks for posting...if get a chance if/when u see Dhiraj (was Maitre'D on Pool Deck in Jan) Fernando, Captain Corsaro,pls pass Ida and I warm regards along. Enjoy you SA cruise!

Post-script to my earlier post. Went to the pool deck today for lunch (after getting up late). They had a pot of my Twinings English Breakfast ready, without my having to ask for it! (I prefer the Twinings to whatever brand of tea they have onboard). I really am impressed.

Wes, will do, though the Captain is different now (its now Capt Sangiacomo). Rudi Scholdes is Hotel Director because their prior hotel director left abruptly. My understanding is that Paolo may be returning as Hotel Director before long, as Rudi is a corporate officer and not normally in this role on a ship. (Though I must say, he's doing a splendid job!) All the staff seem happy and content. DJ Luc is still spinning the disc's (and MP3's) in the Panorama at night, and he seems to be having a blast. Mark, the pianist, is now in the Bar, but has a following and seems quite happy. All is quite well aboard the Spirit!

I'm glad they moved Mark to the Bar. That will help the noise level on deck 6. Hope they have the combo in the Panorama for dancing before and after dinner until later when the DJ comes along. It'll be interesting to hear your comments re service as compared to the earlier cruise. From what you've posted so far it sounds like things have settled in to normal SS quality. I would think Capt Corsaro will be back sometime in April. Have a great cruise! Sure wish we could get the T/A group together again. Lots of fun folks!

Arriving at SCL on Sunday was a breeze. Although the terminal itself is shut we found it easy to get our bags, clear immigrations and customs and be on our way.

Craig,

I am glad you both made it safely to the ship and I am sure you will enjoy the cruise.

If you can, please post your further impressions of the Spirit. Is there a kareoke bar? (for you, not for me)

We are scheduled to do a B2B on her later this year and would like to hear how she compares to the Wind/Cloud.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi, Paul & Craig, hope all goes well and you have a terrific time! Paul, I will answer you when we get home at the end of the month. All is well and sunny here on the Cloud.

Hi duct tape,

glad to hear you are going strong - I wouldn't expect anything less.

Your eyes are not deceiving you - I am "green with envy". I wish I was there.

Keep on sailing!

There is rumored to be a karaoke machine on board but it hasn't yet made an appearance. Alfreda (in STARS) had me sing "Fever" much to the chagrin of the other guests! She and Volodymyr are disembarking in Callao (Lima).

An interesting addition to the Silversea offerings...adult movies in your stateroom! There's a fee for them (OH NO! Silversea is not all inclusive!!!)

Perhaps Alfreda can take Mark and Amedeus with her....off the ship.

The adult flicks go for what....about $18.00 per pop?

Interesting to note that with the interactive televisions, management knows exactly what is being watched in each suite.

The adult flicks go for what....about $18.00 per pop?

Interesting to note that with the interactive televisions, management knows exactly what is being watched in each suite.

Depends on how one defines "pop."

The trip from Santiago airport to Valparaiso was fairly fast--something like 90 minutes. The highway is fine and things appear, on the surface, to be operating normally.

How's this for a grand Silversea welcome back? We go up to the Panorama lounge before dinner, and there are Vanessa and Rose, waiting for us. Vanessa says to me, "Would you like your regular martini? I know you like blue cheese olives." Remembering that they don't normally stock them, I said that although I do like the blue cheese olives, if they don't have them, tomorrow is fine. "I saw you were onboard, so I took the liberty of ordering them in advance" she said.

True SS service.

That's a real WOW! I hope you guys have a great trip! Glad you found things OK arriving and boarding. I asked on another thread if anyone knew how it was,

Craig,

Please tell us about the "new" menu in Seishin.

Thanks,

Paul

I'm not Craig, but in addition to the 12 (or whatever it is) lengthy tasting menu, guests were asking for a shorter menu as many felt 12 courses were too many. So they added two, 4 course menu's. I think both start with sashimi, then one goes into meat (I think starting with quail and ending with wagyu). The other four course is all seafood. Both these are at a supplement of $30. It is not mandatory to buy wine here and one can have complimentary champagne or beer.

I'm not Craig, but in addition to the 12 (or whatever it is) lengthy tasting menu, guests were asking for a shorter menu as many felt 12 courses were too many. So they added two, 4 course menu's. I think both start with sashimi, then one goes into meat (I think starting with quail and ending with wagyu). The other four course is all seafood. Both these are at a supplement of $30. It is not mandatory to buy wine here and one can have complimentary champagne or beer.

Thank you - looking forward to trying it out on our next cruise. May try both the meat and seafood menus.

Archived