Lobster Tail-Formal night

mnbruce

Do they serve lobster tail on formal nights on the Princess ships,and if so is the main dining the only restaurant you can get it? We have been thinking about skipping formal night this time but my wife likes lobster tail even though we know the quality of the tails are just so so on most cruises.

Lobster tail second formal night only. We were offered more after we finished ours though, so size doesn't really matter. I have to say the prawns that are served with the lobster are very good.

Isn't lobster also served in the Crown Grill for a fee?

Yes, for an additional $9 you can get a real lobster. A 1 - 2 lb. whole Maine lobster or a 12 oz. Brazilian lobster tail, each with 2 choices of how it is cooked.

John

What is served on the first formal night?

We had a choice of........ Halibut, Shrimp Newburg, Cornish Game Hen, Mignons of Beef Tenderloin or Pork Roast .......on the Captain's Welcome Dinner (first formal night) on Sapphire Princess.

I almost always do the specialty restaurant on the formal night(s). I pay the extra for the lobster tail. I've never been disapointed. Really looking forward to lobster in early May. Of course I could easily go to Red Lobster here in town, and have it in May as well!:D

Tails are included in the $25 fee.

For the live Maine or 12 ounce Brazillian/Aurtralian its a $9 up charge. And well worth it.

These are the ones I got included in the $ 25 fee in addition to my steak, yum.

Appetizer, Shrimp

2882202650102386216S600x600Q85.jpg

Main Filet Mignon, my choice but could have been the larger steaks

2344526060102386216S600x600Q85.jpg

Lobster tails and Prawns from formal night same as those included in Crown Grill charge

2213240230102386216S600x600Q85.jpg

Side Dishes, shared for the table

2829021130102386216S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm not sure what the other ships are doing lately but the Ruby had lobster on the second formal night and on the first night at the Horizon they served the lobster claws & crab legs along with cold shrimp. On the two formal evenings they had lobster claws & crab legs at the Cafe Carib.

I believe they also served crab legs in the dr one evening but I dislike eating them at the dinner table as they're to messy to contend with.

The pictures are nice but I assume these are not the ones served in the main dining room on the traditional seating.

I was on MSC, the lobster served on the formal night was awful, it was mostly bread crumbs, forgot what it was called.

Archived