Greedy airlines

Sargent_Schultz

Obviously there was room, on both the AA and the DL planes. Otherwise the airlines would not have caved into media pressure and allowed the extra luggage.
Sorry if I've just failed to spot something right under my nose, but where does it say that AA caved in and allowed extra luggage?

:confused:

So the greedy airlines are the ones that aren't making profits year after year? Sounds like you've got that backwards. Surely in the world of Sargent Schultz those profits could be used returned back to the customers in the form of lower fares, sounds closer to the non-elitist, communist ideals you strive for.

Despite what you say I think the fact that JAL went into bankruptcy suggests they weren't greedy enough!

I think you're stubborn, uninformed and aren't willing to actually debate in a reasonable manner.

You are entitled to your insulting, ignorant opinion. :rolleyes:

The legacy airlines don't make profits because of mismanagement and all that it leads to.

There is nothing to debate. Airlines charging for luggage to say nothing of having the audacity to raise those fees, is pure greed.

Airlines charging for luggage to say nothing of having the audacity to raise those fees, is pure greed.
Even if the overall cost of travel is lower than on an airline that wraps up its baggage costs in the fare that everyone pays, regardless of whether they take any baggage?

Wow. Southwest, who generate no revenue from Haiti has a link to donate money to American Red Cross for Haiti Relief

http://www.southwest.com/

Now that's an airline with heart.

There's none on Delta (big surprise)

http://www.delta.com/

Yes there is:

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_miles/donate_miles/skywish_charities/index.jsp

Even if the overall cost of travel is lower than on an airline that wraps up its baggage costs in the fare that everyone pays, regardless of whether they take any baggage?

Bundling is always more cost effective than the ala carte shell game being played by greedy legacy lines. Ala carte leads to higher costs for everyone.

I notice that you love to call others names. "Greedy legacy lines", "elitist". But when anyone queston you it oh they are just calling me names. You just love to make up facts. But ignore it when you are called on your creative writing.

Seems like there is only one thing that is a must when flying and that is a seat. There is only one airline that charges you extra to reserve a seat. Not everyone checks luggage. Not everyone has a drink, Not everyone has a meal or a snack But everyone needs a seat and Southwest is the only one that charges you to reserve one.

Yeah, all the airlines are doing it these days. Crankyflier has a really interesting article today:

Yellow, irresponsible journalism. With the amount of money being spent on their bags fly free campaign, passenger loads increasing including buisiness travelers, and 37 consecutive years of profitability, there is no chance.

Meanwhile, greedy legacy airlines are gouging passengers for luggage fees on a daily basis.

Seems like there is only one thing that is a must when flying and that is a seat. There is only one airline that charges you extra to reserve a seat. Not everyone checks luggage. Not everyone has a drink, Not everyone has a meal or a snack But everyone needs a seat and Southwest is the only one that charges you to reserve one.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? There are no reserved seats on Southwest. Some greedy legacy airlines do charge extra to reserve specific seats.

Some incredibly greedy airlines charge obscene prices for slightly larger seats. For far less, you can buy a row of seats on Southwest.

Yellow, irresponsible journalism. With the amount of money being spent on their bags fly free campaign, passenger loads increasing including buisiness travelers, and 37 consecutive years of profitability, there is no chance.

Meanwhile, greedy legacy airlines are gouging passengers for luggage fees on a daily basis.

Again, you hve to resort callig names. I don't know that there is any truth to the story. In fact, I responded to another thread that Southwest had spent a lot of money publicizing their no baggae fees. But you have to call names.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? There are no reserved seats on Southwest. Some greedy legacy airlines do charge extra to reserve specific seats.

Some incredibly greedy airlines charge obscene prices for slightly larger seats. For far less, you can buy a row of seats on Southwest.

What does Southwest charge an extra $10 for?

Archived