CIGARS N BALCONIES What say you?

pnjkeith

You mean like your smoke restricting someone's use of their balcony just to make your cruise better...is that fair?

I'm sorry, but that's just being over dramatic. The Balcony is one of the permitted areas, and they're not restricted at all by smoke of another cruiser. It may be unpleasant, or smelly, but there is no restriction on that person of the use of their balcony.

So please tell me how the non smoker is restricted from using their balcony? They may not want to, and THAT is a different issue, but the non smokers need to quit being over dramatic... They already get like 80%+ of the ship non smoking.

I think Carnival should post in the new Capers or Fun Times. CIGAR SMOKING ALLOWED ON ALL BALCONIES N ANY OUTDOOR DECK. What say you. No flaming needed.

i pay for a balcony to have somewhere to smoke. i'm a reasonable person and will make concessions for my neighbors. but thats a 2 way street.

There are cruise lines out there that don't allow smoking at all, so why don't you try one of them...and as far as a neighbor smoking on their balcony filling up your room with smoke, I call B.S. You may catch a whiff, but unless the smoker is on your balcony blowing smoke directly into your room, then its not enough to hurt you.

perhaps i should be more specific. it doesn't fill with smoke but the smell of smoke, which is disgusting. smokers tend to be less sensitive to it so they would'nt notice.

the point you seem to be unable to get is that it's the smoker's choice and it's ridiculous to expect other people to have to deal with it. second hand smoke kills, period.

somone smoking is the equivalent of a drunk, loud, disgusting and obnoxious person. not cool to force people to endure that.

i've never met a current smoker who could/would understand and non-smoker's pov so i'm not expecting to find one here. ( i should admit though that i don't know many people who smoke)

if you choose to smoke that is your right but it's not your right to force anyone else to inhale your cancer-causing smoke.

common courtesy should dictate that you don't smoke where other people aren't smoking. BUT non-smokers shouldn't go where people are smoking. you won't find me in the cigar club but sadly i will have to find you outside, etc.

everyone can't tolerate smoke from a cigarette, ( outdoors yet ) yet I haven't seen comments from people who are adversely affected by too much perfume ..It drives my allergies crazy...makes it hard to get air in my nose. and "bathing in perfume" can put some people down with asthma. I am a polite smoker..only smoke outside.

perhaps i should be more specific. it doesn't fill with smoke but the smell of smoke, which is disgusting. smokers tend to be less sensitive to it so they would'nt notice.

the point you seem to be unable to get is that it's the smoker's choice and it's ridiculous to expect other people to have to deal with it. second hand smoke kills, period.

somone smoking is the equivalent of a drunk, loud, disgusting and obnoxious person. not cool to force people to endure that.

i've never met a current smoker who could/would understand and non-smoker's pov so i'm not expecting to find one here. ( i should admit though that i don't know many people who smoke)

if you choose to smoke that is your right but it's not your right to force anyone else to inhale your cancer-causing smoke.

common courtesy should dictate that you don't smoke where other people aren't smoking. BUT non-smokers shouldn't go where people are smoking. you won't find me in the cigar club but sadly i will have to find you outside, etc.

1st, I don't expect a non-smoker to put up with my smoke. Commen sense says that if smoke in a particular area is bothering you, then you move away from that area.

2nd, who is holding the gun to your head and making you cruise with a line that allows smoking? You pay for a cruise with Carnival, who allows smoking. That in itself gives you absolutely NO reason to whine about smoking. It was YOUR choice to cruise with Carnival.

I'm sorry, but that's just being over dramatic. The Balcony is one of the permitted areas, and they're not restricted at all by smoke of another cruiser. It may be unpleasant, or smelly, but there is no restriction on that person of the use of their balcony.

I guess the issue is how would you feel if someone was doing something unpleasant or smelly that made it impossible for you to enjoy your balcony? Would you not be upset?

I know it is hard for smokers to understand how disgusting the smell is to those of us that are non-smokers. I know my DH didn't realize it until he quit. He was a smoker when we first dated and after 6 weeks, I told him that I did not want to get into a serious relationship with a smoker becase I simply couldn't live with one - the smell in everything from clothes to hair to breath is just bad.

And whether smokers realize it or not, the smell carries and sticks to everything and those of us who don't smoke find it gross. I am so sensitive to it, I can smell it driving down the road if the car in front of me is smoking - I have to put my car on recirculate to block more coming in. If I go out to a smoking bar, I come home, throw my clothes into the wash and take a shower before I will go to bed.

I understand that it is allowed on the balcony, and I can't say anything about it, but it doesn't me that the policy shouldn't be reconsidered so that we can all enjoy our balcony - you with your cigar, me with my fresh carribean air and glass of wine.

Shocking

You should prolly go cruise elsewhere. Carnival allows smoking, therefore YOU will be exposed to it. BTW Second hand smoke is a MYTH!

I guess the issue is how would you feel if someone was doing something unpleasant or smelly that made it impossible for you to enjoy your balcony? Would you not be upset?

Once again, it doesn't make it impossible for you to enjoy your balcony. You, or someone posted about 1 cruiser who seemed to be on their balcony almost 24/7. That is ONE event, and I would doubt that to be the norm. Generalizations are so easy aren't they?

I know it is hard for smokers to understand how disgusting the smell is to those of us that are non-smokers. I know my DH didn't realize it until he quit. He was a smoker when we first dated and after 6 weeks, I told him that I did not want to get into a serious relationship with a smoker becase I simply couldn't live with one - the smell in everything from clothes to hair to breath is just bad.

And whether smokers realize it or not, the smell carries and sticks to everything and those of us who don't smoke find it gross. I am so sensitive to it, I can smell it driving down the road if the car in front of me is smoking - I have to put my car on recirculate to block more coming in. If I go out to a smoking bar, I come home, throw my clothes into the wash and take a shower before I will go to bed.

I understand that it is allowed on the balcony, and I can't say anything about it, but it doesn't me that the policy shouldn't be reconsidered so that we can all enjoy our balcony - you with your cigar, me with my fresh carribean air and glass of wine.

I'm sorry, but it's another generalization to think that smokers don't know they smell. Or that their hair or clothing smells. Or that it does waft about and make others clothing smell. I will say though that it generally doesn't do that @ movement, and one thing that does actually help is the movement of air through the fabric.

In order for your clothes to really be affected and or tarnished, you would have to have more than a passing encounter with the smoke. Not that you would need to sit in a smoke engulfed room for a hour... but walking through a cloud of smoke wouldn't make your clothing stink for the rest of the night.

Another thing to note, is that the smokers opinion, is just wanting to have the right to smoke in the places that carnival has designated "smoking", yet the point of non smokers is how much those evil smokers ruin their cruise by smoking, and smoking should be banned. So really, who doesn't get who's point?

I say; smoking is permitted in cabins and on balconies. It doesn't say only cigarettes....it doesn't mention anything at all. That should be enough.

Cigs' date=' cigars, pipes.....all allowed.[/quote']

I might go ahead and find me some decent pipe tobacco... I've got a nice meerschaum pipe with the design being an eagles claw clutching an egg... Once I got into cigars though, I haven't used my pipe at all.

I am still pissed about the cologne/perfume that I have to smell...subjecting me to migranes.....I am on an island and alone..but I like it here:rolleyes:....maybe I should start a new thread?

I agree with ya on the stinky perfumes. They should do a cigar smell perfume, that would be great.:D

Archived