Magic Transatlantic?

luvs2beachit

I thought they were keeping the magic in europe for now.

Then Host Randy and his CC cruise folks will be dissapointed, because they are expecting that once the Europe scheduled, then it will be coming to the states.

Truth is no one knows for sure. Everyone is going by the past where new ships do Europe over the summer and come here in the fall.

I thought they were keeping the magic in europe for now.

It would really surprise me if they kept her in the Med beyond the "regular" European season that they have currently planned. I don't think that Carnival has ever had a ship year round in the Med. I think the winter Caribbean market is far more lucrative.

I know I wouldn't want to be cruising the Med in the winter. I cruised on the Freedom when she came out in April of 2007 and it was almost too cold then.

I read on John's blog that the Magic will be in Europe for a full season. I will search for the quote and post it here.

I found it, here is what John said about the Canrival Magic and the Carnival Dream.

Hello Nicky Coffey

Your Carnival Dream will be sailing in the Caribbean in 2011 however her sister ship the Carnival Magic will be joining the fleet in 2011 and will spend a full season in the Mediterranean sailing on 7, 9 and 12 day cruises. Why not pop on over to http://www.carnival.com/magic and have a look at the amazing itinerary which included ports such as Venice, Dubrovnik, Rome and Monte Carlo.

Hope this helps.

Oh I hope there will be a transatlantic that goes up to dover, le havre, etc. I've been looking at a british isles transatlantic on Princess, pricey pricey & teensy cabins. If Carnival would do something like this itinerary I'd book it in a heartbeat.

I read on John's blog that the Magic will be in Europe for a full season. I will search for the quote and post it here.

I found it, here is what John said about the Canrival Magic and the Carnival Dream.

Hello Nicky Coffey

Your Carnival Dream will be sailing in the Caribbean in 2011 however her sister ship the Carnival Magic will be joining the fleet in 2011 and will spend a full season in the Mediterranean sailing on 7, 9 and 12 day cruises. Why not pop on over to www.carnival.com/magic and have a look at the amazing itinerary which included ports such as Venice, Dubrovnik, Rome and Monte Carlo.

Hope this helps.

What does a full season mean? To me, a full Mediterranean season means from May to Oct/Nov. for most cruiselines. With that understanding, the Magic could be doing a transatlantic in Oct. IMHO, Carnival has either not decided on the North American homeport yet or maybe just not ready to announce it yet.

We would also consider a late fall 2011 Transatlantic sailing from Barcelona..!! :) Thinking the homeport for the Magic, in the States, is the 'stumbling block' at the moment!

We are sailing an Eastbound TA on the Grand Princess in April 2010.. What better way to do the westbound, than a TA on the 'new' Magic in 2011??! :D Come on Carnival... We are already interested.. :p

For what it is worth my PVP at Carnival said there will be a transatlantic late October 2011 ,he has our names on his list to call when it is announced.
Please let us know!! The last Med cruise is October 16, a 12 day..!! Guessing the TA will be a Halloween Cruise.. :eek:.. :)

ps: Cute puppy... WOOF! :D

I would think that CCL would do a Transatlantic to New York, then a repo down the coast to its new homeport! :) Would LOVE to do both.. :D

The fly in the ointment with this plan is that the repo cruise would require a stop in South America or one of the islands off the coast of South America. That would be atleast a twelve day repo from New York to Miami, add an extra day to Galveston :) or your favorite new home port flavor.

The Carnival modus operandi is to end the transatlantic in a Florida port where the repo to the new home port can be done in a shorter period. It also offers the opportunity for the new ship to sail a few weeks/months from Florida where Carnival can really promo the new product.

The fly in the ointment with this plan is that the repo cruise would require a stop in South America or one of the islands off the coast of South America. That would be atleast a twelve day repo from New York to Miami, add an extra day to Galveston :) or your favorite new home port flavor.

The Carnival modus operandi is to end the transatlantic in a Florida port where the repo to the new home port can be done in a shorter period. It also offers the opportunity for the new ship to sail a few weeks/months from Florida where Carnival can really promo the new product.

Huh? Repo cruises to / from NYC usually just stop in the Bahamas.

Huh? Repo cruises to / from NYC usually just stop in the Bahamas.

If as an example you mean a cruise that starts in New York, visits the Bahamas and ends in a Florida city. say Miami?

Such itineraries are a violation of the PVSA and no line offers them ever. Ships may sail empty from new York to Miami, but they do not offer repo cruises with passengers on board.

What if the homeport is on the US west coast? What route would she take? Can she fit through the Suez? It would be neat to fly to Europe and then visit ports in the Med, Middle East, India, Asia, and maybe Austrailia before hopping over the the US, with a stopover in Honolulu on the way.

How does that sound?

Thanks everyone for the information. I also heard that the magic will be doing a TA at the end of Oct. 2011 but not sure if that was fact or speculation. I guess we will all just have to wait until Carnival gets ready to tell us what they are doing. I will keep watching these boards and the website.

Archived