Dining question, change or keep it?????

airlink diva

I'm sailing on the Triumph in April!!! I always prefer traditional dining because I like the fact of having the same table and staff for dinner.

On this upcoming sailing, I'm going with a new cruiser. Since I handled the booking,cabin and dining plans, I requested late dining for us.

She is now asking about anytime dining for our sailing. While I explained the reasons for liking traditional dining, she seems to be leaning towards anytime.

What I want to know is can we change to anytime if she don't like the first night of traditional? Or do we have to request a change once on board???

If she don't like the traditional dining, I will make an effort to try anytime.

Any advice?????

----------------

Now playing: Bobby Lyle - Trippin

via FoxyTunes

we cruise on both carnival and ncl, i perfer traditional dining - unless your travel mates have a real problem with schedules - like my brother does - then with him its better to do anytime or whatever they call it on carnival - he would be very uncomfortable with having to be at a certain place at a scheduled time. be sure they know its like a resturant and you may very well have to wait a bit for dinner - thats what happens on ncl - the lines can be pretty long at popular eating times.

enjoy your cruise whatever you decide :D

We have cruised twice and chose early seating. This next cruise in July we are cruising with my in-laws. If it were just the four of us I would have chose anytime dining but since they are new cruisers I decided early would be better so we wouldn't have to figure out what time to meet for dinner each day, try and get a table for 6, and we wanted them to be able to see the entertainment in the dining room.

Did you know that with Anytime Dining you can have the same table staff? Simply request this upon checking in....we had no issues with same staff at all..and they did remember our drinks, preferences etc.

And on the flip side, if you dont like the wait staff, you can sit someplace else with different servers.

But to your question, only so many openings for anytime so chance are you will need to stick with what you have. Just have your friend do the late dining, or if you are going to change it, do it now.

I'm sailing on the Triumph in April!!! I always prefer traditional dining because I like the fact of having the same table and staff for dinner.

On this upcoming sailing, I'm going with a new cruiser. Since I handled the booking,cabin and dining plans, I requested late dining for us.

She is now asking about anytime dining for our sailing. While I explained the reasons for liking traditional dining, she seems to be leaning towards anytime.

What I want to know is can we change to anytime if she don't like the first night of traditional? Or do we have to request a change once on board???

If she don't like the traditional dining, I will make an effort to try anytime.

Any advice?????

----------------

Now playing: Bobby Lyle - Trippin

via FoxyTunes

If you switch to anytime now, you can both have what you want. With any time there is no problem with going to dinner at the same time every night, and having the same wait staff (you simply request who you want to serve you). The only thing that you will not have is the same table, but since you are seated, instead of allowed to wander in that should not matter.

Archived