What do you want to know about Marina?

editor@cruisecritic

Thanks all!

Does anyone know for sure whether the bathroom size in penthouse (on Marina) is larger than bathroom in veranda suite? (Or is it just the other aspects of the accommodation that's different?)

Btw, remember that on Regent Mariner, most of the bathrooms have been refitted with WONDERFUL shower-only. (Voyager has both tub and fine shower.) I sure do wish I could get a size comparison between Regent bathrooms and Marina's.

All this info coming in is terrific, though. So many thanks!

Would you possibly know if there is a difference in size or layout of the 2 aft Oceania Suites in comparison to the other 10 forward Oceania Suites?

Thank you

The aft Oceania suites will have the same layout, but are smaller than the Oceania Suites forward on the pool deck. I asked how much smaller, but the rooms are not yet built, so no one would say.

We're booked into 11083, so I was angling to see it, but our tour was very tightly controlled. Some parts of the ship are still very much construction zones.

Thanks all!

Does anyone know for sure whether the bathroom size in penthouse (on Marina) is larger than bathroom in veranda suite? (Or is it just the other aspects of the accommodation that's different?)

Btw, remember that on Regent Mariner, most of the bathrooms have been refitted with WONDERFUL shower-only. (Voyager has both tub and fine shower.) I sure do wish I could get a size comparison between Regent bathrooms and Marina's.

All this info coming in is terrific, though. So many thanks!

OK. On Marina, the Penthouse bathroom is marginally bigger than the veranda bathroom, according to the guides. I think the main difference is a little wider counter space -- the tubs are the same, so the depth of the room is the same. The difference would be a matter of inches. It's also possible that the shower is slightly larger, but I didn't get that sense.

I can speak to the difference between SS Navigator and Marina -- the bathrooms on Navigator are a little larger, and the shower is probably 30% to 50% larger (I've had some mild embarrassment in the past for my measurement method, so I won't explain how I know).

I haven't been on SS Voyager or SS Mariner, yet, but I know we would love the larger showers on Mariner, having no use for a tub.

Having said all that, the bathroom in Marina's veranda cabin is so much larger than on the Regatta Class ships, I have no doubt that everyone will be pleased.

I haven't been on SS Voyager or SS Mariner, yet, but I know we would love the larger showers on Mariner, having no use for a tub.

I concur. Perhaps others enjoy a tub but the shower is sufficient for me.

I concur. Perhaps others enjoy a tub but the shower is sufficient for me.

The interesting this is that I raised that subject with Tim Rubacky, saying that I thought it would have been better to utilize the tub space as additional closet space. His reply was that the number one request they had for bathrooms was to include a separate tub! Apparently, there are a significant number of guests who really, really want a tub. I'm just very grateful they found space for a separate shower, because stepping over the high side of a tub to take a shower, like in the suites on the Regatta Class ships, is very low on my list. I actually prefer the tiny shower stalls in the standard cabins on the R ships.

Besides, now that I've seen them, the closets in the veranda cabins are adequate, so I'm happy for the folks who want a tub...

T.... His reply was that the number one request they had for bathrooms was to include a separate tub! ...

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm sure we will all be happy with Marina :D.

On my first cruise overseas, from Australia to the UK, I shared a four berth cabin with three women I didn't know. However, we had a bathroom with a bathtub. I still remember the luxury of relaxing bubble baths on board ship!

It is amusing to see the comments on the tubs

Before everyone wanted larger showers & tubs ...now they are doing that people are complaining about having a tub:D

I am fine with the Regatta class ships & the showers, I very seldom have a bath at home so not important to me on the ship:D

I am sure just having a roomier bath room will be luxury to me;)

Lyn

The bath tub is appreciated by me and the shower by my husband. Ever since we have had a jacuzzi here at home, I have become a bath tub fan. I am able to relax and keep my hair dry and get clean all in one procedure!! Thanks for the tub. Wish I could experience the jacuzzi in the suite......maybe someday.

We are told there are launderettes onboard. They don't show on the preliminary deck plans, but that is not unusual.

The lauderettes on the three "small ships" are not labeled as such on their deck plans, either.

Are there self laundry facilities onboard? I've never used them, but on an 18 day cruise I might need to. If not, the "gift wrapped" laundry I've sent out is fine.

Joan

Someplace in the forum there was info

I think they have one room on each of the cabin decks unlike 1 total for the small ships

Will make life easier for those that do laundry ...like me;)

Lyn

I wonder how the request for separate shower and tub was worded. It sounds like many would have asked for this meaning they want a shower that is by itself- not part of a tub, not really caring if there is a tub or not. But I am sure O puts a lot of thought into questions like that.

Is there any consensus here about which cabin categories on the Marina provide the most bang for the buck?

Consensus is pretty hard to come by here on Cruise Critic ;), but the Ocean View staterooms look like they will fufill our needs pretty well.

We are told there are launderettes onboard. They don't show on the preliminary deck plans, but that is not unusual.

The lauderettes on the three "small ships" are not labeled as such on their deck plans, either.

Michael, after I read your comment, I had something bouncing around in my head that I heard while on the ship -- and I just recalled it. We were given a reference guide to the ship, which was essentially a copy of the deck plans, and it was mentioned that the guide now had the launderettes shown. I just dug out that guide, and sure enough, the launderettes are indicated.

All of the launderettes are in the center section of the ship, similar to the inside staterooms. There is no indication of whether the entrance will be to Port or Starboard, or both.

On Deck 11, which is primarily the PH1 and PH2, the launderette is all the way forward, between 11000 and 11001.

On Deck 10, in the forward half which is primarily PH3, the launderette is between 10020 and 10023.

On Deck 9, the launderette is just aft of the Concierge Lounge, between 9028 and 9041.

On Deck 8, the launderette is between 8036 and 8039.

On Deck 7, the launderette is between 7022 and 7025.

Thanks for the feedback on the launderettes.

The other odd thing in the deck plans in the first brochure: no stairs to the workout or walking track. Maybe the walkers need to zip-line there.

I sometimes wonder who proofs these things.

In the advance brochure it is mentioned that suites and concierge cabins have access to a "private concierge lounge". Do you know what this may entail? Private bar? Coffee? Or perhaps continental breakfast?

There are actually two facilities at question here.

There is an Executive Lounge for Suite pax on deck 11.

The Concierge lounge, for those passengers is forward on deck 9.

At this point, I'd assume that the Executive Lounge will function as a slightly more deluxe version of the Holland America prototype.

I cant tell you much about the Concierge lounge, as the the concept is very new.

Because of the size of both lounges, I also think that the ship will be hosting parties in those rooms, perhaps the repeaters club cocktail party will be divided.

Archived