Price drop after final payment

read52

Yesterday, I noticed our cruise went down $30 a person. Not a lot but some money. I called Carnival and they said that they don't make price adjustments after the final payment. We did this many times with RCCL and they would give us onboard credit. Is Carnival different ?

Thanks everyone. I guess I did not want to do early saver because of the whole thing about if we would have to cancel. I have two members of my family that are sick so I wanted the out if I needed it. We always buy insurance too.

Hi Dave. Maybe if the suite was not sooo expensive we would go to an upgrade.

Thanks everyone. I guess I did not want to do early saver because of the whole thing about if we would have to cancel. I have two members of my family that are sick so I wanted the out if I needed it. We always buy insurance too.

Hi Dave. Maybe if the suite was not sooo expensive we would go to an upgrade.

You have insurance (highly suggested when booking ES) you would have been covered in most cases had you booked ES and would have then been able to capture the OBC. Lesson learned ! And even if you had not purchased insurance, the most you would have been out would have been $50.00 per person and applied the balance to a future cruise up to 1 year later.

One more question, is early saver the same as fun saver where you pick the room type and Carnival puts you in that type room but anywhere on the ship? Just trying to learn the ins and outs of each company.

One more question, is early saver the same as fun saver where you pick the room type and Carnival puts you in that type room but anywhere on the ship? Just trying to learn the ins and outs of each company.

Early saver, yes you pick your cabin, no guarantees with ES rates.

I dont have early saver but I have gotten two price reductions so far. My origional "pay in full date" was by March 22. I left a $45.00 balance for my cruise when I booked and my PVP assured me that if the price drops before that date he would adjust it. I have been checking the site daily and called my pvp as soon as I saw the price drop. He has refunded the adjustments to my debit card twice now. I started out at $639.00 pp and now am at $569.00 pp. He says I have til the original March 22nd date to get any reductions and after that it will only be an upgrade. We dont want the upgrade though because we are trying out porthole rooms for the first time and will gladly stay there just because it is something different.

We saved about $500 with early saver last year and upgraded. This year we are also booked ES because it was the cheapest option but I doubt we see any drops since we are in a high suite category and there aren't many rooms to begin with. I'll keep an eye out just in case.

With Early Saver if you cancel there is a fee of $50 per person per cabin. The remaining amount you paid will be assigned as an OBC on another cruise anytime during the next two years.

?? If you cancel you have one year from the date of cancel to use the OBC, and often can get it applied to the rest of the payment, not just as a OBC.

Maybe the two years was a typo?

Archived