owners suite and penthouse

cinderella29

can anyone please tell me what the difference is on the emerald princess between the owners suite and penthouse suite

Don't think the Emerald has a true owners suite per se....

I think only 2 or 3 ships have 1 owners suite and its around 1100 sq ft.

Other suites are 500-600 I believe.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks Colo, not been on this for ages and i saw your name on a thread and recognised from before and said oh i know that name, and lo and behold you answered for me. We have upgraded to owners suite only to find out that its about same size as penthouse, which is very disappointing. Thanks for your quick response

Thanks Colo, not been on this for ages and i saw your name on a thread and recognised from before and said oh i know that name, and lo and behold you answered for me. We have upgraded to owners suite only to find out that its about same size as penthouse, which is very disappointing. Thanks for your quick response

Hi, I am surpeised too that they only put that big OS on the Grand/Star I think.

The Emerald Princess has 2 Owners Suites on the Aloha deck. What these ships don't have is a Grand Suite. After the Diamond and the Sapphire, they didn't put the Grand Suites on these newer ships.

The Owner's Suites are very similar to the PH suites, except they do have a dining room type of table in them. It isn't a large table, but there is a table in the cabin. In the PH Suites, there is no table like this, but the rest of the cabin is basically the same. Usually I would say that the Owner's Suite isn't worth going for because the balcony is so shallow. But on the Emerald, with the PH Suites being on the Riviera Deck, those balcony's are extremely shallow. I was disappointed with the balcony and also the noise from above on the Emerald. We tired for an Owner's Suite for our cruise that time, but they were booked immediately and we lost out.

The Emerald Princess has 2 Owners Suites on the Aloha deck. What these ships don't have is a Grand Suite. After the Diamond and the Sapphire, they didn't put the Grand Suites on these newer ships.

The Owner's Suites are very similar to the PH suites, except they do have a dining room type of table in them. It isn't a large table, but there is a table in the cabin. In the PH Suites, there is no table like this, but the rest of the cabin is basically the same. Usually I would say that the Owner's Suite isn't worth going for because the balcony is so shallow. But on the Emerald, with the PH Suites being on the Riviera Deck, those balcony's are extremely shallow. I was disappointed with the balcony and also the noise from above on the Emerald. We tired for an Owner's Suite for our cruise that time, but they were booked immediately and we lost out.

Hi i have been in the penthouse suite but is the owners suite the exact same but with space for the table or is it the same with a table in it and is there a door separating the bedroom or just a curtain.

The Owner's Suite is basically the same with the curtain separation between the bed area and the living area. I've found a link to pictures that were taken by Coral, here on the boards of an OS on the Golden Princess.

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum21.html

If you scroll down she has a VS Suite pictures and then there are some of the OS on that ship. It will be basically the same. The dining table that is put in there looks like it was just plopped in the area and really takes up a lot of room. Yes, the cabin is bigger somewhat, but not considerably. At least this will give you an idea.

If you need a table, then the OS would be the way to go. I know we have used the one in the Grand Suite several times, but that is a completely different cabin and not on the Emerald.

The location of the OS on the Emerald would be what might push me towards it. As much as I love being in the middle of the ships, the Riviera deck just had quite a bit of noise from above in those PH cabins. The balcony was so shallow that so much of the furniture out there was unusable.

Just some thoughts.

Don't think the Emerald has a true owners suite per se....

I think only 2 or 3 ships have 1 owners suite and its around 1100 sq ft.

Other suites are 500-600 I believe.

Thes are the dimensions for suites on the Grand.They are nowhere near 1100 sqft.

Suite Stats For The Grand:

Midship - Grand Suite 613 sqft. Balcony 117 sqft.

Aft - Owners Suite 411 sqft. Balcony 180 sqft.

Midship - Penthouse Suite 381 sqft. Balcony 155 sqft.

Aft - Vista Suite 329 sqft. Balcony 166 sqft.

Aft - Premium Suite 304 sqft. Balcony 169 sqft.

The Owner's Suite is basically the same with the curtain separation between the bed area and the living area. I've found a link to pictures that were taken by Coral, here on the boards of an OS on the Golden Princess.

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum21.html

If you scroll down she has a VS Suite pictures and then there are some of the OS on that ship. It will be basically the same. The dining table that is put in there looks like it was just plopped in the area and really takes up a lot of room. Yes, the cabin is bigger somewhat, but not considerably. At least this will give you an idea.

If you need a table, then the OS would be the way to go. I know we have used the one in the Grand Suite several times, but that is a completely different cabin and not on the Emerald.

The location of the OS on the Emerald would be what might push me towards it. As much as I love being in the middle of the ships, the Riviera deck just had quite a bit of noise from above in those PH cabins. The balcony was so shallow that so much of the furniture out there was unusable.

Just some thoughts.

This past January we were upgraded on the Crown and the Emerald to PH suites--very noisy from above--along with the general noise--many times I would hear what sounded like women's hi-heels clicking along--the balcony is not very usuable because it is so narrow.

I like the breakfast at Sabatinis and also the unlimited internet--other than that I'd probably not take the upgrade again and stick with a Mini. We only got the one on the Crown because we didn't mark no upgrade--and before that trip happened we unmarked the box for the Emerald---and it happened--we have at least 20 cruises on Princess and have always been happy with what we had reserved. We were in FLL when I read on the email that we had been upgraded so that was 2 this January--theh crazy problem was printing the NEW luggage tags--in FLL where it was terribly cold and windy with no great feeling for finding a place to print the tags in color.

Nancy:D

Edited by Seal

can anyone please tell me what the difference is on the emerald princess between the owners suite and penthouse suite

The Difference is the Penthouse House suite is Midship and 533 sq ft.

The OS is aft and 687sq ft.

These are for the Emerald Princess.

Diane in Music City

• 5 years later...
The Difference is the Penthouse House suite is Midship and 533 sq ft.

The OS is aft and 687sq ft.

These are for the Emerald Princess.

Diane in Music City

(sorry for resurrecting this thread but I am interested as well.)

:cool: What about Cabins C748, C749, A750, and A751?

Anyone here have "in person" experience with any of the listed PH cabins above AND the two AFT Owners suites? How about the AFT Vista Suites? I ask because Princess makes them all look the same but range a little in size.

I have experience in an aft balcony, C753 on the Star, looking at the aft suites on the Emerald and would like to weigh the cost benefits of the aft suites. Thanks to any and all experienced input. :D

Edited by SirCharlesIII

We stayed in owner's suite A753 on the Emerald in February. It is somewhat larger than the Penthouse suite and has a dining table with 4 chairs. It also has a second long desk area in the living / dining rooms, with two chairs and a sofa in the living room area. I've attached a couple of pictures - hope my husband doesn't mind me sharing him posing!

IMG_4005.jpg.9d0f07dfa57c2bed7527748b8f2ebfbd.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg.17ab7d1e718ece05a1b50fa3151edf8a.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg.eeb0874ae2583db81f3dab744425661c.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg.3ce2163487b3744f809f4a7f07db6672.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg.8f96f414adca71887819b1943695688a.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg.7f0ee4f2bea736f33156e61e843eb787.jpg

Edited by azbirdmom

This past January we were upgraded on the Crown and the Emerald to PH suites.

I like the breakfast at Sabatinis and also the unlimited internet--other than that I'd probably not take the upgrade again and stick with a Mini.

The internet benefit in a suite was eliminated a couple of years ago.