You all are going to think I'm nuts, but am I? what do you think?

dulcimergirl

Here's the deal, I've been booked on the Monarch 4 nighter in september for a year. I would like to add another cruise in the few days ahead of this one. I would love for once, a balcony. The 3 nighter balcony JS would be over 1300. additional funds on the Monarch. A 3 nighter on the Carnival Sensation is only 725. for a balcony. The catch? We will arrive back the day before the Monarch sails. No worries really, we have friends in PC and can spend a free night there, also they can and will pick us up and drop us off.

Shall I use this time to enjoy a balcony and see what a Carnival cruise can offer, the onward to my lovely RCL, I have an oceanview cabin there.

Now, I have the funds right now, but they won't be available forever, and yes, I've put away funds for fun onboard and tips for both cruises. Sort of a B2B with a sleep over inbetween.

This is my hubbs and my first real vacation in 2 years, and will be the only one for the next 2 so thought I'd do it right.

I can actually leave clean clothes (enough for the 2nd leg) at my friends so all we would have to do is swap clothes in suitcase and go.

Has anybody heard of doing this? I doubt I will ever afford a 7 day balcony cruise, so I thought this would be the best of both worlds. I know going from a balcony cabin to an oceanview will be tough, but I think I can handle it..lol

Plus, we will be driving from Tn and luckily have relatives along the way, but I thought I might as well make it a weeks worth of fun.

One more thing, I could do a b2b onboard the Monarch in the same cabin for the same price, but just wanted to try a different line and a balcony.

Ports are no problem, as we've been to most, and we enjoy the ship as our destination, just wanting some US time and rest.

Go ahead and let me know how crazy this sounds to you..lol

Alright everybody, give me your feedback please.

OH yes, now another question, do I book through a TA (possibly the same one my existing cruise is booked through) or the cruise line itself, its the same price will a TA give me some perks??

I don't think it sounds crazy at all! I'm not sure I'd pack 2 sets of clothes, tho...you'll have ample time to do laundry (if you wanted to!) since you have a full day!

Go for it! You'll LOVE the balcony!

I haven't been on Carnival for a couple of years but had good luck booking directly with them and they honor price reductions on the spot when you see them online on Carnival or any online sites. A lot of people like the Fantasy Class ships on Carnival and that one was renovated recently. Some of the older ships don't have the outdoor movie screens or specialty restaurants. But neither of those will make much of a difference on a 3-day Bahamas cruise. Have fun and enjoy the balcony.

Are you crazy? No, not at all, and if that is the route you want to take I say go for it.

However, if you're willing to try Carnival, do not automatically assume that a 7-day in a balcony cabin is out of reach price-wise. I'm not sure what you paid for your RCI cabin, but I priced the cheapest outside for your cruise, and adding it to the $725 for the Carnival cruise the total is $1343. On the same weekend, you can take the Carnival Valor in a balcony for $1412, or the Carnival Legend out of Tampa for $1478.

Sure.... Why not?

As long as you are not using 'rainy day funds' that you could need if you have a sudden unexpected expense. If you have financial comfort zone without emptying your bank account, have fun.

Enjoy.

We have had inside (never again:eek:), OV, a bay window and balconies. A balcony is great this time of year in warm water, but you should try the combination you have in mind and make up your own mind.

Go.:cool:

All I want to add is 4 nights plus 3 nights is seven nights. I just booked a seven night balcony with Princess for September for $839.00. That is certainly alot less than your two combined. I'll take my deal!

We got a balcony on the Golden Princess - 7 days to Alaska - $999/person. Had a balcony on the Conquest 2 years ago for 7 days $799. Just got off the Voyager and know someone who got a balcony for $1250 for TWO people!

No reason you can't afford a balcony if you plan in advance and if you can be flexable as to the time of year. We booked a cruise in may for a week on the Liberty, balcony, for 699. Plan ahead and get a deal, I bet ou can make it work for you next time you have a chance to sail. As for this time, if you have the money then do it! Anything that extends a vacation is good!:)

I agree with some of the other posters, the price seems really high for a 3-nighter, especially in Sept., which is usually a cheaper time to sail. We usually don't pay that much for a seven night balcony cabin.

But, if it's the only thing that works with your schedule and you can afford it, a balcony is the way to go. How much less is an oceanview?

Thanks for all the advice, especially the info about the 7 day cruises being cheaper than a 3 & 4 btb.

I've decided to stick with my original 4 nighter, and save the cost of the 3. I'd feel better booking a 7 nighter later this year, (for mid 11 or early 12) and will search for a great cruise/cabin/balcony combo.

The plus? We will have a bit'o extra cash to do a day or two in Orlando! Either before or after the cruise. The bonus is my sister lives about 20 minutes from the Mouse house, and always welcomes visits, and she has season passes so can go with us, anytime. ( I would love to see the new Harry Potter park there, in Universal TP)

Archived