Captain's Luncheon

ONT-CA

With the mini bar, you can switch any or all of it out though, for bottled water, coke, diet coke, sprite. Even though there is alcohol in the original bar set up, a simple call to room service can make it totally non-alcoholic. ;)
Exactly. Because that's what I do, i.e., switch everything out for Sprite Zero except for a couple of bottles of water. All it takes is a call to room service.

I believe that Princess must view any additional perks for Super Elite from a solid business perspective.

Certainly, they desire to attract and reward their best customers -- that is good business. They have the best rewards program now and appear to be willing to teak it to add perks along the way to keep us coming back.

First, since they use cruises and/or days at sea as their current bench mark for elite, it would make sense to keep both for any additional perks. So Elite is ow comes in after one reaches 15 cruises or 150 days, it would therefore make sense to make the next level 25 cruises or 250 days.

At the Super Elite level perhaps Princess might give a choice of one of five rewards:1) Second mini-bar set up; 2) Dnner for 2 at specialty restaurant; 3) Attendance at Maitre 'd special wine tasting; 4) Ultimate ship tour; or 5) Special free excursion ashore.

None of these would be costly to Princess, yet each is a worthwhile perk that a loyal passenger would enjoy and could opt to choose the same one or a different one on future super elite cruise.

We still have a way to go to reach the "super" category.

P&J

I believe that Princess must view any additional perks for Super Elite from a solid business perspective.

Certainly, they desire to attract and reward their best customers -- that is good business. They have the best rewards program now and appear to be willing to teak it to add perks along the way to keep us coming back.

First, since they use cruises and/or days at sea as their current bench mark for elite, it would make sense to keep both for any additional perks. So Elite is ow comes in after one reaches 15 cruises or 150 days, it would therefore make sense to make the next level 25 cruises or 250 days.

At the Super Elite level perhaps Princess might give a choice of one of five rewards:1) Second mini-bar set up; 2) Dnner for 2 at specialty restaurant; 3) Attendance at Maitre 'd special wine tasting; 4) Ultimate ship tour; or 5) Special free excursion ashore.

None of these would be costly to Princess, yet each is a worthwhile perk that a loyal passenger would enjoy and could opt to choose the same one or a different one on future super elite cruise.

We still have a way to go to reach the "super" category.

P&J

Since we have already attained the level that any of you have mentioned, I would opt for a specialty restaurant or free excursion. I certainly wouldn't want another setup, we already get one free wine tasting and the UST, once you do one, you wouldn't really want the option of doing it over and over again.

About 250 with 31 to come in May and 44 so far for next year.

And we haven't been to a Captain's Luncheon yet.

I thought you were already at bigger numbers Paul. Hang in there; the luncheon is on your horizon. :D

Yes it would, but we have a long way to go to get to 50 cruise credits.

I am just around the corner from the next tier, so looking forward to a little extra shipboard credit. ;) Wish that $200 wasn't a typo though Paul, you had me all excited there for a few minutes looking forward to the future. lol

I am just around the corner from the next tier, so looking forward to a little extra shipboard credit. ;) Wish that $200 wasn't a typo though Paul, you had me all excited there for a few minutes looking forward to the future. lol

Hey, I am just closing in on $25. Sorry if I got you all excited for nothing.

Me too. :D Toto, I see you're booked on the Emerald in May. Wish you could have scheduled it for June 6th.

Me too. :D Toto, I see you're booked on the Emerald in May. Wish you could have scheduled it for June 6th.

We were trying to schedule one kind of last minute, DH's orders as he said he needed a break. I actually tried to talk him out of it because a one week cruise for us is soooooo much trouble for only a week. (ranch with lots of critters) but a week was all he wanted to be away. I thought scheduling it mid May would be before school was out and after spring break, so it might be a bit 'safer'. lol Sorry we are only going to miss you by a couple of weeks.

And allow the super elite to really go to the absolute front of the tender line by-passing those already in line (some with those hideous "Black Cards"). Actually, this occurred to me because some Black Card pax think they already have that privilege. Sorry to intrude with these of-the-wall suggestions!

And allow the super elite to really go to the absolute front of the tender line by-passing those already in line (some with those hideous "Black Cards"). Actually, this occurred to me because some Black Card pax think they already have that privilege. Sorry to intrude with these of-the-wall suggestions!

Have heard reports of one couple, who would qualify by almost any super elite standards, trampling the riff raff to get to the front of a tender line

Have heard reports of one couple, who would qualify by almost any super elite standards, trampling the riff raff to get to the front of a tender line

I have also seen this many times Paul. Not sure who gave them the idea that they were to go to the front of the line when it is well publicized that you just go to the tender dock and 'get in line'.

I NEED more internet minutes..

Seriously, if I'm traveling with my mom, I need to keep DH happy and that happens with regular emails...

and in turn he says...go have fun and continues to be totally supportive of our travel addiction!!!

I thought the list mentioned in other posts was quite good!

I wouldn't mind increasing our boutique discount to 20%

Sadly possible accrual of SUPER ELITE days won't be taking place this year

I'm doing 11 nights on RCCL (this is totally Princess' fault for pulling longer Mexico runs out of SFO)

and 24 nights Azamara (again Princess' fault because the Holy Land itinerary has wimpy port times compared to AZ)

BTW, if anyone hasn't been to the Elite Luncheon that is reading this ..

I have a couple of the menus on our website, if you are interested!

Here's the link...

http://ourpassportstamps.com/MostTravelledLuncheon.html

Full room service for supper Elite! Now thay is something to cruise more for!

We are pushing for 200 days on Princess...too bad we have sailed on other lines also...several years ago we did a cruise on the Regal during her last year...close to the end and made the lunch cut, very nice! We had just made elite too! Since then the cruises we have picked including one on a small ship have been packed with cruisers with big time days...on the Tahitian last year the top cruisers had 500+ and the two runner ups both had over 400 days....

Archived