Woohoo! Final Payment Made - Who else is in the 85 days or less countdown mode?

micheleg

Hiya all..

We just made our final payment today on our Transcanal in April. Who else is in this category and has less than 85 days remaining? Don't know about you, but I'm in full cruise mode...checking ports...going to Barnes & Noble and reading all of the travel books on the ports (with pad & pen, so I don't have to buy);) , and updating everyone on our sailing thread with info...

This is always such a fun time pre-cruise...so much anticipation and excitement!! Is it just me, or are there others in the same boat...errr ship? :p

Just wanted to share!!!

Happy cruising all!

Michele

Hiya all..

We just made our final payment today on our Transcanal in April. Who else is in this category and has less than 85 days remaining?

Happy cruising all!

Michele

Geez, it gets earlier and earlier. Did you volunteer the payment? We're closer in than you are, and aren't due for final for another 9 days yet (65 days out, I think).

only 54 days till we leave, 11n western caribbean summit sailing. 3/21/05-4/1/05, all paid inc plane tix, and excursions :) limo is booked, pet sitter hired, clothes already to the tailor. we are sooooooooo ready after 38" of snow sunday.

kerri

from Cape cod

Just received my cruise documents today, so I'm certainly in the cruise countdown mode. I love the month before cruising. You're so filled with anticpation and preocupation, that you can't think about anything else.

It's the time to shop, tan, make lists, be on the cruise critics board, diet

and dream.

Mari

Hi I have 82 days left until we sail on Mercury, but my final payment is not due until February 1st, which will be 75 days until sailing. I always thought it was around 70 days prior to sailing for Final Payment. Maybe it depends on the cruise and/or how you booked it.

Anne Maria

Payments are due earlier on cruises longer than 7-days, around 65 days out for 7-days and less but closer to 90days for longer cruises, guess they want to be certain they can sell any remaining cabins that way and it is a smaller pool to pull from for longer itineraries thus the more time needed, get it. Just got an email yesterday from my TA that final payment due for our April 16th cruise is next Friday - gave the go ahead to bill that card (then will pay off in March before interest hits). Can't wait! We are so looking forward to CC class and large aft balcony I can hardly stand it! Good thing I saved all those Target giftcards I got for Christmas cause I always need new stuff for traveling!

Geez, it gets earlier and earlier. Did you volunteer the payment? We're closer in than you are, and aren't due for final for another 9 days yet (65 days out, I think).

Yup..volunteered...TA said I didn't have to pay yet..but having paid in full makes it all so real...Airline reservations (One Way to San Diego) have been booked for months, along with the hotel for one night in San Diego.. Not taking any ships excursions, we do everything on our own... All that's left is (and all the girls know this), is my day of beauty the day before we leave and packing...;)

This is such a fun time!

65 DAYS TO GO FOR ME!!!!

Batchkk: We are going on the 4/1/05 Summit 10 day Ultimate Caribbean. Make sure and keep the ship nice for us!! Maybe we will pass each other as you get off and I wait in line to get on!!!!!! Hope you have a great trip.

Mari10: Yes, I just love the month before because that is when I begin my serious getting stuff together to pack. I get so excited! This time around I have met a "pal" on these boards and we now are best of friends and will have a great time on the same cruise!

I am even planning my September, 2006, cruise and getting excited about that too. I don't know what to do with myself if I don't have a cruise to look forward too, even if it is 19-20 months away!!!!

We have 24 days until we are on the Naviagtor of the seas....after that Mercury in April

constellation in July (baltics)

Constellation transatlantic

Between all that we still have my son's wedding, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and I am going to Florida to find us a new home for when we retire retire....dh retired and the next day started his private practive full time

We're at 51 days until we fly out to San Juan to meet the Constellation...And, as soon as we return, we'll be back at 104 days on the countdown clock before we go again...

We might as well just stay onboard, huh?

As to being on cruise preparation mode (where I'm researching, reading and updating), it seems lately I am ALWAYS on that mode...I've had one, or often two, cruises in the hopper for years now...so, I'm always planning something...

In my mind, there are FIVE different stages:

**Pre-planning (Prior to actually booking--when you are deciding where to cruise)

**Planning (Once booked, and prior to final payment-- a lot of waiting and pondering, booking hotels, air flights, looking at logistical links, maybe pondering shore excursions)

**Paid and Waiting (Where we are now...the money's up and all is committed, but there's little left to do but wait...actually may be the hardest part...at least the numbers on the clock are shrinking)

**Dancing with the Docs (No, not doing the Texas Two-Step with members of the Medical profession...This starts when the Documents arrive and everything starts feeling very, very real...Time to double check those checklists, do the pre-cruise shopping, etc.)

**Packing Time (We're down to those last few days...the luggage is out, the clothes for the cruise are being gathered...You're showing up at the office, but somehow not getting any work done)...and suddenly, it's time to go!!!

Me too ..... 82 day to go! :) :)

I'm sailing with CruisingChick and Tatka AND lots of other terrific "Mercury Maniacs"!

Final payment due February 6th (we booked directly with Celebrity).

Pre- and post-cruise accomodations reserved, flights booked and reviewing excursions!

Life is good! ;)

Diane

Archived