Pre Cruise CC get together in FFL

reklawr

Does anyone have any suggestions on a restaurant/bar/pub in Fort Lauderdale to have a pre cruise dinner with our Cruise Critic Friends the evening before embarkation? We’re all going to be in hotels near the airport or Port Everglades. :D

We ate at Waxy Whatevers Irish pub last month. We each had a different entre. I would give it a miss...our food could only be described as extremely mediocre and not worth the walk across the street. Should have gone back to the Thai place in the shopping center.

Grumpy Gators changed hands, it is now called Lauderdale Grill.

I think it is still an excellent place for groups. As a mattter of fact I was there last night for a b-day get together! I'm there otherwise a couple evenings a week.

Are there any good pre-cruise restaurants where you can see the cruise ships? We leave on a Saturday so I don't even know if there will be any ships in port on Friday. Guess I'll check that out!! :p

Does anyone have any suggestions on a restaurant/bar/pub in Fort Lauderdale to have a pre cruise dinner with our Cruise Critic Friends the evening before embarkation? We’re all going to be in hotels near the airport or Port Everglades. :D

Bahia Cabana is the first place that comes to mind and it is on the water.

Are there any good pre-cruise restaurants where you can see the cruise ships? We leave on a Saturday so I don't even know if there will be any ships in port on Friday. Guess I'll check that out!! :p

No, there aren't any.

We did a cruise get together at

Bravo Ristorante

1515 Southeast 17th Street

954-523-9441

They also have a web site you can go to and look at.

What we liked about it is that it is not very large and we

almost had the place to ourselves.

I definitely would recommend someone in charge make reservations.

Had about 30 of us and everyone really enjoyed themselves and the food.

Bimini Boat yard happens to be in this same area and we did it on another cruise.

Course it is a lot bigger place, and about 20 of us were there.

Most everyone ordered sea food but they did have other things.

They also have a web site for you to check them out.

Recommend either one.

We ate at the Quarterdeck on Cordova off 17th St. A few years ago with a group from CC. Was a very casual place. Had a group of about 20. No reservations and it worked out great.

I had great fish tacos at the Quarterdeck by the beach last night!

Was this deep fried?

No. Quarterdeck uses grilled tilapia but offers grilled Mahi for $1 more. The soft tacos are also grilled, and you get a side dish. I eat fish tacos all over town and they are normally with soft tacos and grilled snapper, mahi, or tilapia. I have only seen them with fried fish at Long John Silvers (haven't had those).

We stayed at the Renaissance on 17th St. S.E. last month for 3 nights pre-cruise and had our CC get together the last evening at Bimini Boatyard. It was a lot of fun and just happened to be across the parking lot from our hotel. Also had dinner one evening at Bravo's (also in the same lot). Dinner was good but being a Friday night we had to wait about 40 min. for a table. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these two restaurants. We had lunch one afternoon at Lauderdale Grill and were not impressed.

Bravo Ristorante

www.bravoitaliano.com

Bimini Boat Yard

www.biminiboatyard.com

Chuck's Steakhouse

www.chucksflorida.com

These are just a few of the great places either on 17th street

or just off 17th.

All are walking distance from any 17th street hotel.

Archived