Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fb0075

Yes, called at 9am this morning. But BEWARE, if you like specific cabins on the Solstice class ships -some of them (Resort Deck and Penthouse deck aft) have been renumbered on Silhouette and that is part of the problem this morning. Check the new deck plans.

I too, had to call back and have them change our cabin when the new deck plans came out.

What is the difference between rthe ships ??

TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Fly viewpost.gif

I was looking at the cabins on Penthouse Deck on the Silhouette and noticed that they seem to have added an additional cabin. From the aft on Penthouse Deck on the Solstice there are 7 C2 cabins and then 14 Aqua Class Cabins before the three Celebrity Suites.

On the Silhouette there are 8 C2's 14 AQ's and then the Celebrity Suites. What's up with that?

Yes, I went back to check the deck plans again, and each deck shows that as least 2 new cabins have been added from Continental to Resort. They have been added in the section between the last of the angled hump cabins and the aft.

My question is: How did they do it? Did they stretch the ship? Does anyone have any ideas?

So to answer your question, because they have added new cabins, some of the cabins in the aft section have been renumbered. You have to be careful to check the new deck plans for Silhouette when booking, because the number (and possibly category) of the cabin you sailed in on another Solstice class ship, might be different on Silhouette. :)

First off, I didn't get an e-mail. I wonder if that's because Garry and I are both members and she got one. Two people in the same household maybe only get one e-mail? Hers was time-stamped at 9:51 AM.

I looked at the deck plans and it looks like they have added one cabin on each side. On the Resort Deck, the last side cabin is now 2151 (port) and 2146 (starboard). The numbers on Equinox are 2149 and 2144, respectively. Did they lengthen the ship or cut out enough size to add two cabins/deck? Or did they cut the size of the cabins? :eek: That would be really bad on the resort deck as they don't have as many cabins to get the extra space from. I also compared the Continental deck and that is the same story. That may be the case on the others, but I am not going to bother since I don't plan to book an aft cabin on the Solstice class until they add a cover and/or make the balcony larger. And I would bet money that Customer Service had no idea they were different. I remember when I first booked the Equinox TA, the deck plans in the web site had wrong cabin numbers on the aft and Customer Service had no idea. It was fixed in a matter of days, but the cabin number I booked was not showing on the plans the day I booked it. The CSR had to work with me to figure out where it was.

What is it with the Solstice class ships and deck plans? It took them over two years to get the Vista deck plans right.

.....I looked at the deck plans and it looks like they have added one cabin on each side. On the Resort Deck, the last side cabin is now 2151 (port) and 2146 (starboard). The numbers on Equinox are 2149 and 2144, respectively. Did they lengthen the ship or cut out enough size to add two cabins/deck? Or did they cut the size of the cabins? :eek: That would be really bad on the resort deck as they don't have as many cabins to get the extra space from. I also compared the Continental deck and that is the same story.

That's what I was wondering though I didn't want to think it could be so. I'm hoping that they just added a little length to the ship.

I wish this class of ship had something size wise between their balcony cabins and sky suites. When I called the Captain's Club to inquire about pricing they quoted me $3,600 per person for a Caribbean Cruise in a sky suite, which is more than I want to spend, and only $1,500 per person for a balcony cabin, but it is smaller than any cabin we have stayed in during the past few years.

Wouldn't it be a terrible surprise to go into your aft C1 on the Resort Deck (I know that's YOUR cabin) and find it a foot shorter?

Or for us to get 2105 and find it a foot narrower? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wouldn't it be a terrible surprise to go into your aft C1 on the Resort Deck (I know that's YOUR cabin) and find it a foot shorter?

Or for us to get 2105 and find it a foot narrower? :eek: :eek: :eek:

They better not cut anything off either of OUR cabins! ;) :D

Hey Bob

Yep thats what happened --booked 1 of thr larger balconies and when I saw the deckplans ---small---

Leaving on the Equinox next week for the first leg of our T/A--

cya on the JEWEL

FRANK

I can personally attest to the fact that not all Captain's Club members received that email!!

I second that. We did not receive the e-mail although we are Elite very long time Celebrity cruisers. I was able to book this morning only because I found the information on Cruise Critic!

I got the e-mail, but the other day I was looking at deck plans and it had a drop down box that said before April 30 and after May 1 - and that particular ship isn't scheduled for drydock so I was wondering if they are re-numbering or reclassifying some cabins.

This link should go to the deck plans-- but you can't book right now without a Cap Club Member #

http://rccl.bridgetrack.com/CCSIEARLYBK0310/default.htm?ProspectID=BD9F963F639C4DC3AC1EFD7D52EDE4B5

we booked early today, read the posts about the changes, & were then quite relieved to learn our AQ class cabin was where we expected it to be...on the hump!

BTW: DH & I never got an e-mail & are both Elite...

I can personally attest to the fact that not all Captain's Club members received that email!!

I didn't get it either. But I never get e-mails from Celebrity. I've checked my profile and they have my e-mail address. Guess they just don't appreciate my business.

If Celebrity pursued me with 1/4 the zeal that other cruiselines do, I'd be quite happy. My house is about to sink under the weight of all the cruise brochures I get in the mail every day. :(

Archived