SILVER SPIRIT - New Pics

eroller

Today I enjoyed a tour and lunch aboard the new SILVER SPIRIT. Overall I thought the ship was very nice, in the typical Silversea fashion which means fairly understated and very comfortable. I would be quite happy spending an extended period onboard.

Lunch was excellent and the food, service, and presentation were all first rate. As usual Silversea is a class act.

I will say that SPIRIT seemed much larger than both the SILVER CLOUD and SILVER SHADOW. I don't know how this translates into that "private club" feel the smaller ships enjoy but I would not mind finding out. ;)

The two specialty restaurants were very nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about the $30 surcharge. I think Silversea should be above that. Stars Dinner Club was very nice, and I could see how it would have a lot of atmosphere at night. There is even an outdoor restaurant at night where the food is cooked on hot lava rocks. Apparently it's the most popular dining spot onboard and there is not surcharge.

Overall I think SILVER SPIRIT is a win for Silversea. She raises the bar ever so slightly from the previous ships while still retaining the elements that make Silversea special.

Attached is a link to 80 pictures taken onboard.

SILVER SPIRIT Pictures

One interesting tidbit ... Mark Conroy, the President of Regent was onboard also enjoying lunch. I guess he was checking out the competition.

Ernie

web.jpg?ver=12717145330001

web.jpg?ver=12717141250001

web.jpg?ver=12717142430001

Found a minor mistake in the picture gallery. They called the deck 9 Grand Suite front balcony a Royal Suite balcony. Silver Spirit doesn't have any Royal Suites. The front balcony on the deck 8 Grand Suites is larger than the deck 9 ones. Great pics though. Good resolution. Can't wait to re-board in Dec.

Found a minor mistake in the picture gallery. They called the deck 9 Grand Suite front balcony a Royal Suite balcony. Silver Spirit doesn't have any Royal Suites. The front balcony on the deck 8 Grand Suites is larger than the deck 9 ones. Great pics though. Good resolution. Can't wait to re-board in Dec.

"They" is actually me, and yes the SILVER SPIRIT does have two Royal Suites. They are all the way forward on Deck 7.

You are correct the picture is of a "Grand Suite" and I will change the subtitle. The only difference is the Grand Suites have a large forward facing balcony and the Royal Suite only has a side facing balcony.

Originally all the forward facing suites on Deck 7, 8, and 9 were called Royal Suites. Silversea did not discover the Deck 7 suites had no forward facing balcony until after the fact, and a new cabin category was created.

Ernie

Duct tape,

Sorry, but the spirit looks nothing like the Seabourn Odyssey. The design is completely different. The Odyssey has a much more contemporary feel while the Spirit is more Art Deco and traditional.

Beg to differ with you, Ernie, but the 2 suites all the way forward on deck 7 are Grand Suites, even though they don't have a front porch. We've been in 701 and know folks who cruised there on our T/A cruise in Jan. Maybe SS changed their name due to not having the front porch, but the 2010 brochure still lists them as Grand Suites.

Just checked the 2011 fares on the SS website and they do not list a Royal Suite for Silver Spirit. Don't know where your info is coming from, but it certainly is not indicated in the brochure for 2011 and it is not reflected in the fare listings. Enlighten me, please.

One I was on the ship yesterday and was told the information directly from a Silversea rep.

Two I have a brand new 2011 Silversea fleet brochure (called Voyages - 190 pages long) and clearly cabins 702 and 701 are Royal Suites, and cabins 802/801/902/901 are called Grand Suites.

I don't know how much more clear I can be.

Ernie

Interesting. I guess they'll update the website as soon as they decide how to price them. Doesn't surprise me that they would do that, since the suites, though the same interior as 801, 802, 901 and 902, don't have that wonderful front balcony. We were in 801 for the T/A and will be in 802 in Dec.

Interesting. I guess they'll update the website as soon as they decide how to price them. Doesn't surprise me that they would do that, since the suites, though the same interior as 801, 802, 901 and 902, don't have that wonderful front balcony. We were in 801 for the T/A and will be in 802 in Dec.

Silversea has updated the Silver Spirit fares on the website to now include Royal Suite fares (roughly 95.3% of Grand Suite fares), but the Spirit's deck 7 plan and accommodations descriptions have not yet been updated.

Bob.

We can't wait to leave on our cruise which is a ways off; January 3, 2011. My husband and I cannot wait!!!! Is there anyone else on this Board going on this cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles? We have never been on a SiilverSea cruise, but have others on Princess, Holland America, etc. We hear such grand things about this cruise ship. It is such fun reading postings about this ship.

Tella:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Thanks Ernie for sharing your pictures and observations..

How we would love to cruise SS...:)

I hope you are doing well..

Ciao

Hi Renee,

Wow it's been a long time! I hope you're doing well too! Ruth is leaving on OASIS in a couple weeks. Wish I were going but I can't do them all! LOL

I see you are sailing soon on OASIS too! You are going to LOVE it! My brother and I sailed in January and were lucky enough to be in a Loft Suite. It was AMAZING! Even without the Loft Suite the ship is just stunning. Attached is a like to pictures from the OASIS trip.

http://gallery.mac.com/ekroller#100556

Take care and Bon Voyage,

Ernie

ps - living in Miami now!

Archived