Ocean princess-anytime dining-how & where

bionicbeacher

Hi ....we have just been told that the Ocean Princess now features "Anytime Dining" as a Dining Option.....for those who have experienced this on the OP...could you please tell me if the Anytime Dining is in a special place within the main dining room ....and if not ....where is it located and is the full menu offered .....or is it a take off of the casual dining that takes place in a section of the Horizon Court Buffet.

Cheers

Ken

Sorry, the only anytime dining I know of on the smaller ships is the buffet in the evening, or specialty restaurants, or the Bistro later in the evening in a section of the buffet with a limited menu. With only one dining room onboard, there is no place for anytime dining in the dining room. First I have heard of anything like this on the small ships, are you sure you received the correct info?

When we first sailed on the Ocean (then it was the Tahitian Princess) there was assigned dining, and the buffet only offered a sit down style pizza/Italian type of restaurant with a very basic menu for a few hours in the evening. But no actual buffet after 6 PM at night.

This past fall on the Pacific (sister ship), there was the usual assigned dining, or the buffet in the evening (which I am going to guess is what someone has considered an anytime dining venue in the evening). The buffet was only open until about 9:00 PM, and then it closed down, and a very small section of the Horizon Court opened up with tablecloths and table service and a limited menu. All they left on the buffet was a few desserts on the end.

This could be what is being referred to, but it is nothing like the anytime dining offered on the larger ships where you have the same menu as the dining room, and everything exactly the same with waiter service, just in a different area. I just consider it the smaller ships form of anytime dining, which is totally different than on the larger ships in the fleet.

Hi ....I am sure everyone is right ...I think my source confused the Casual dining with Anytime Dining.

Thanks for your input.

Ken

Ken, I am also going to guess that the one that gave you the info just confused casual with anytime. Well, at least that mystery is solved. ;)

As of a few days ago, there is no Anytime Dining on the OP. The small ships don't have the correct venue for it (or that's the reason they give).

Sure wish they did. With a port-intensive itinerary, Anytime Dining really is convenient.

The problem is that the Little Girls only have one dining room. Princess has decided to use it for TD.

I noticed a change in the dining confirmation (on my personalizer page) for an upcoming OCEAN PRINCESS cruise. Until recently, I was confirmed for second sitting; now I'm confirmed for 8:15. (I know ... same thing really.) The only reason I can think of for the change to the display is that something is in the works, and flexible dining may be coming to the small girls; else, why this change. We'll have to wait and see, once I get onboard.

I noticed a change in the dining confirmation (on my personalizer page) for an upcoming OCEAN PRINCESS cruise. Until recently, I was confirmed for second sitting; now I'm confirmed for 8:15. (I know ... same thing really.) The only reason I can think of for the change to the display is that something is in the works, and flexible dining may be coming to the small girls; else, why this change.

One reason is that people constantly ask on Cruise Crutic "what time is my seating?"

This change just provides the answer before the queation is asked.

One reason is that people constantly ask on Cruise Crutic "what time is my seating?"

I think it's a great idea! Traditional dining times can vary from ship to ship. I've seen early seating at 5:45, 6:00 and 6:15pm, depending on the ship. That's usually one of the first things we check out when onboard so we don't show up late.

I just saw the change in my Cruise Personalizer to 8:15 after reading it on this board.

Archived