No more early embarkation

conchyjoe

Was just advised by Silverseas rep that the option of early embarkation and late disembarkation has been discontinued for "this year".

That's a great pity, we always thought it was worth the extra $200 to get on board and unpacked by lunchtime.

Was just advised by Silverseas rep that the option of early embarkation and late disembarkation has been discontinued for "this year".

That's a great pity, we always thought it was worth the extra $200 to get on board and unpacked by lunchtime.

You are allowed to board around noon (without paying an early boarding fee). Rooms won't be ready, though, until the time posted on the documents.

On our recent Cloud cruise, we arrived a little past noon, boarded, had lunch, and sat on the pool deck until our room was ready at about 2:30.

Wripro & Ste Michelle - many thanks, the rep said nothing about that. How does it work for disembarkation now ?

Don't know for sure, as we disembarked around 9 am. I know of others that stayed on board until around 2:30. Not sure how that was accomplished.

Wripro & Ste Michelle - many thanks, the rep said nothing about that. How does it work for disembarkation now ?

It has always depended on what the local customs allow. US ports did not allow late disembarkation anywhere to my knowledge, other countries have always been more flexible.

So for US ports, nothing lost, but for more discerning parts of the globe its a shame that late disembarkation has been removed.

If anyone is interested in getting this re-instated then start working on the US customs or Homeland Security asap.

• 3 weeks later...
We boarded the Spirit in NY on April 23 just before noon We had lunch and our cabin was ready and our luggage was there at about 130

We just recevied our tickets and reservation package from our Travel Agent today for the June 5th Spirit saling Venice to Athens. In 3 different places on our tickets it states a 3pm Embarkation in Venice. Is this consistent with what others have experienced? Can we still board at 1pm and have lunch?

Thanks

Neilio

So what does SS take from Venetians next?

Venetians never got free early embarcation (well, not since we have been sailing SS;) it was available to any passenger willing to pay extra for the privilege. Now it is available to every passenger for free. Where is the negative in that?

We boarded Silver Shadow in Los Angeles May 13th at about noon, had lunch, and the suite was ready about 1:30. I know suite availability will vary depending on many factors, so we got lucky =)

Venetians never got free early embarcation (well, not since we have been sailing SS;) it was available to any passenger willing to pay extra for the privilege. Now it is available to every passenger for free. Where is the negative in that?
Those with over 250 days got it free. As one of those about to reach that milestone, it feels like a negative to me. Maybe SS will imitate Regent and offer some free Internet time to those of us with "long service and good behavior".

I misspoke. Those with over 250 days can still embark early. I just received my confirmations for the next few cruises.

Glad to hear it. We aim to have 250 days sometime in the not too distant future.

I misspoke. Those with over 250 days can still embark early. I just received my confirmations for the next few cruises.

Could somebody please clarify to me what is considered early, and also do SS Venetians with over 250 nights get/still get late disembarkation, and what time would this go up till.

I am sailing on the Sprit in Oct doing TA and then doing the Barbados 2 Barbados, flight home at 6pm on Disembarkation day, this will be my first SS cruise:):), but am sailing with a 250 plus Venetion Veteran.

Thank you.

Glad to hear it. We aim to have 250 days sometime in the not too distant future.

V&B: we aim to have 250 days sometime early in the next century but were still able to embark early (if you consider noon early) on May 13 =)

Could somebody please clarify to me what is considered early, and also do SS Venetians with over 250 nights get/still get late disembarkation, and what time would this go up till.

I am sailing on the Sprit in Oct doing TA and then doing the Barbados 2 Barbados, flight home at 6pm on Disembarkation day, this will be my first SS cruise:):), but am sailing with a 250 plus Venetion Veteran.

Thank you.

Glad to hear you'll be joining us on this transatlantic voyage. There is another passenger doing the same itinerary you are doing. Please look for our roll call for the voyage and sign up if you want to get an invitation to the cruise critic breakfast the first morning on board. Also, there will be an informal cocktail party at the Marriott Hotel in Lisbon the night before sailing.

Early embarkation still available for 250 + days Venetians . Need to book via your TA as the facility to book online no longer available.

Out of intertest this neither appears in the new brochure or on the website, and it was removed from the brochures at least 2 years ago.

Out of intertest this neither appears in the new brochure or on the website, and it was removed from the brochures at least 2 years ago.

Quite right the benefit was removed 2 years ago but Venetians who had earned the loyalty bonus are still entitled to early embark and late disembark so I am informed by Silverseas after enquiry through my TA

Quite right the benefit was removed 2 years ago but Venetians who had earned the loyalty bonus are still entitled to early embark and late disembark so I am informed by Silverseas after enquiry through my TA

Thanks for the info Brimary.

Archived