No lower adjustment for PAST GUEST booking?! Only Early Saver

manmtnmike

Hey everone,

What's the heck?

I just called carnival because I tried twice to qualify for a lower posted price and was rejected each time.

They said no way I can get the reduced price while booking as PAST GUEST pricing only for EARLY SAVER. My PVP was adamant that this is SOP?!:confused:

Did it have anything to do with already beyond final payment deadline?

I've read other threads that claimed they did infact did get the lower price adjustment.

What is your experience?

Which is it, yea or nay on the price adjustment.

Thanks!

Mike

According to my TA...once final payment is made on past guest rate no price adjustments will be made. My TA will however give us a OBC after final payment is made and if is a reduction in price. This is MY TA's policy and may not be with others.

I found this out the hard way.

We booked military last Nov. and I paid in full at the end of March. Just a couple of weeks ago I learned that the price had dropped over $300 pp.

I called and the PVP said I was out of luck. She did upgrade us to a Lido Deck balcony from Panorama.

I was told to start with Early Saver, and then move to a special rate, Mil, PG, etc. So I plan to do this next time.

And thanks for the reminder. I need to call her to see if anything opened up just in case

Hey everone,

What's the heck?

I just called carnival because I tried twice to qualify for a lower posted price and was rejected each time.

They said no way I can get the reduced price while booking as PAST GUEST pricing only for EARLY SAVER. My PVP was adamant that this is SOP?!:confused:

I've read other threads that claimed they did infact did get the lower price adjustment.

What is your experience?

Thanks!

Mike

If you book the Promo Rates (Past guest, 55+, Resident, Military) you can get price drops up to final Payment Deadline; after that you can only get an Upgrade, if available. If you book Early Saver (with it's restrictions) you can get Price Drops until 2 business days prior to Sailaway.

ken

I'm looking at a cruise for ES in Feb. I don't want a fancy room, but the only option is gives me is the Riviera deck. Is there a chance we'll be upgraded? In the past we have reserved a guarantee room and we've been on the 6th and 7th decks. I don't think I want to be on the 4th deck. Any comments/

I'm looking at a cruise for ES in Feb. I don't want a fancy room, but the only option is gives me is the Riviera deck. Is there a chance we'll be upgraded? In the past we have reserved a guarantee room and we've been on the 6th and 7th decks. I don't think I want to be on the 4th deck. Any comments/

what kind of cabin are you trying to book and what ship?

According to my TA...once final payment is made on past guest rate no price adjustments will be made. My TA will however give us a OBC after final payment is made and if is a reduction in price. This is MY TA's policy and may not be with others.

That is pretty generous for the TA to take money out of his pocket to give you OBC. Would he still do that if the prices went down $200pp?

Bill

Not True .... my husband & his nephew just booked (last Saturday) mine and my nieces 7/7/10 cruise (she & I booked in March) and they were given the past guest rate, 2 days later there was a price drop and I submitted it for them stating the time and date of the drop and they received the OBC.

That is pretty generous for the TA to take money out of his pocket to give you OBC. Would he still do that if the prices went down $200pp?

Bill

Yep! Our TA is AWESOME!!! Takes extrememly good care of us! Usually has some type of Bon Voyage gift waiting for us too!!

I am trying to book the Insipiration and the Riviera deck, although I'd prefer Empress. Thank you!

I would call Carnival, I was booking our cruise for January 2011 and it was only listing cabins on one deck. So I called and got a room on the deck I wanted.

Not True .... my husband & his nephew just booked (last Saturday) mine and my nieces 7/7/10 cruise (she & I booked in March) and they were given the past guest rate, 2 days later there was a price drop and I submitted it for them stating the time and date of the drop and they received the OBC.

Carnival's POLICY is that execept for Early Saver, there is NO OBC for price drops after final payment deadline, which is likely 60 days before sailing in your case. Carnival is VERY adament about this and bvery consistent in enforcing it, as you can determine from the numerous posts from disappointed cruisers trying to get OBC after final payment.

You mention that your erelatives did get OBC 2 days (48 hours) after initial booking - this was almost assuredly for the DIFFERENT, 110% 48-Hour Price Guarantee, which guarantees you OBC if you find a lower Carnival fare within 48-hours of booking.

ken

I am trying to book the Insipiration and the Riviera deck, although I'd prefer Empress. Thank you!

In your SEARCH, when you get to the page that only shows Riviera, click on EDIT (or CATEGORY) link on that page, and you will be directed to the "classic" view that shows all the Categories/decks. ken

Thats because it wasn't after final payment

Thats because it wasn't after final payment

Tuesdays date was May 11th. The 5 day cruises have a final payment date of 60 days.

If the cruise date is July 7, 2010 then it loks like they were a couple days past final payment.

I think what Ken stated is why they got the OBC.

Bill

True, if the rate drops within 48 hours ... but what if the rate had dropped 60 hours later and you were past final payment??

Once past final payment if you are past the 48 hour window guarantee, you cant get a price drop with past guest.

Bill

Yep! Our TA is AWESOME!!! Takes extrememly good care of us! Usually has some type of Bon Voyage gift waiting for us too!!

I wonder how long your TA can coninue to do this before they goes out of business.

Good policy if you are the consumer but not very good if you are the TA.

Bill

I wonder how long your TA can coninue to do this before they goes out of business.

Bill

I was wondering about how a TA could guarantee they would take money out of they pocket, if it was a price drop of more than the commission too. wow.

Iv never heard of a TA who will take money out of their pocket, no matter how much the drop is. ... and then Im the type to feel guilty if the TA had to take money out of their pocket to cover a rate drop that I hadnt booked ES rate on.

Bill

I was wondering about how a TA could guarantee they would take money out of they pocket, if it was a price drop of more than the commission too. wow.

Iv never heard of a TA who will take money out of their pocket, no matter how much the drop is. ... and then Im the type to feel guilty if the TA had to take money out of their pocket to cover a rate drop that I hadnt booked ES rate on.

Welcome back. Hope you had a great trip!:)

I certainly wouldn't expect any TA to take money out of their own pockets unless they somehow screwed up my booking and cost me money.

Bill

Welcome back. Hope you had a great trip!:)

I certainly wouldn't expect any TA to take money out of their own pockets unless they somehow screwed up my booking and cost me money.

Bill

Im all keyed up and exhausted at the same time!!! lol

About 2 hours thru customs off the ship, and a long drive home. Some were still going thru customs though after Noon. It was the dreaded full customs inspection .... though I couldn't tell myself what the big deal was or why it took so long.

Good cruise though. Meet Lenny a long timer CD who subs that I liked a lot.

Hey everone,

What's the heck?

What is your experience?

Thanks!

Mike

Short answer you hit the nail on the head. No price drops, OBC, etc. after final payment Date (not necessarily final payment if you pay early) unless booked ES.

Archived