ES Rates...How Low Can/Will They Go?

Now I have read people should take a screen shot of the price drop... How do you do that and why? Also, if you take a screen shot, do you submit that with the email request on the ES form?

How to do a screen shot: Go to the page where you can see the price drop. Next, hit SHIFT+PRNT SCREEN, open up your word processor program and do keystrokes CTRL+V. Save that document and call it whatever you'd like....keep it just in case the agent disagrees or says the price didn't drop, it's the same, etc. That way you have proof of the price drop. Also try and annotate the time of the price drop.

And of course you'd just send it in as an attachment. I guess what the agent would then do is contact their IT department to see if the price actually did drop, and just like someone said not long ago, they've seen price drops posted for a mere six hours. For me, that's it. I am checking at least six times daily for price drops!!

How to do a screen shot: Go to the page where you can see the price drop. Next, hit SHIFT+PRNT SCREEN, open up your word processor program and do keystrokes CTRL+V. Save that document and call it whatever you'd like....keep it just in case the agent disagrees or says the price didn't drop, it's the same, etc. That way you have proof of the price drop. Also try and annotate the time of the price drop.

And of course you'd just send it in as an attachment. I guess what the agent would then do is contact their IT department to see if the price actually did drop, and just like someone said not long ago, they've seen price drops posted for a mere six hours. For me, that's it. I am checking at least six times daily for price drops!!

Omg I just tried what you said and can not figure it out.. ???:( It wont work...I do not have a PRNT SCREEN Button?

Omg I just tried what you said and can not figure it out.. ???:( It wont work...I do not have a PRNT SCREEN Button?

Mine is upper case, way way over on the upper right of my keyboard.. I bet you have one..keep looking. Mine is above the number keypad over on the right.

I have a 4G for 3 people on the Valor in July. It looks like all the 3 person interior cabins are sold out. However, there are still 4G's available for 2 people. Can I submit an OBC for that 4G rate, or do the # of people have to match also? Thanks!

r you sure:confused: maybe this will help you find it

As far as I know, the Print Screen button is pretty universal to all keyboards. You just have to know where to look to find it! The Print Screen button is generally located toward the top of the keyboard on the right hand side. It is usually in the same column as the arrow keys and it's above the section of keys that say Home, End and Del. It's located just to the left of the Scroll key and it will say Prt Sc, or something similar. The words Print and Screen are hardly ever printed out completely on a keyboard, so always look for the Prt Sc abbreviation.

then, when on the page you want to save

*hit print screen button

*open a word document

*hit paste icon

(don't forget to save the document)

It's kind of like rebate forms. Companies are betting that you won't fill them out and they won't have to give you money back. CCL is hoping that the ES bookings aren't paying attention. But by booking ES, you took a risk since it's a non-refundable deposit, so good for you for paying attention.

I think this is exactly right. I check for price drops daily; usually a couple times a day, because it's true that they can drop for a few hours, then shoot back up again. It's something you really have to stay on top of, but it's not hard to do.

With RC, we were always refunded directly back to our debit card. With our next cruise on Carnival, we've been given OBC. I'm completely fine with that. Between our kid's reservation and ours, we'll be sailing with $468 in OBC next month! :D

With RC, we were always refunded directly back to our debit card. With our next cruise on Carnival, we've been given OBC. I'm completely fine with that. Between our kid's reservation and ours, we'll be sailing with $468 in OBC next month! :D

Have you read the latest on RC?? They arent going to give OBC or refunds any more after final payment. I wonder if they are going to roll out something like ES did when Carnival started the same policy. At least with RC Im grandfathered in, which Carnival didnt do.

I have a 4G for 3 people on the Valor in July. It looks like all the 3 person interior cabins are sold out. However, there are still 4G's available for 2 people. Can I submit an OBC for that 4G rate, or do the # of people have to match also? Thanks!

the # of people has to match, so you can get a total for the booking.

Have you read the latest on RC?? They arent going to give OBC or refunds any more after final payment. I wonder if they are going to roll out something like ES did when Carnival started the same policy. At least with RC Im grandfathered in, which Carnival didnt do.

I didn't know that. That stinks, because I've had some of my best price drops on RC after final payment.

How are you grandfathered in?

It's kind of like rebate forms. Companies are betting that you won't fill them out and they won't have to give you money back. CCL is hoping that the ES bookings aren't paying attention. But by booking ES, you took a risk since it's a non-refundable deposit, so good for you for paying attention.

This is my thinking too.... I wonder how many people actually look for the price of their cruise to go down after they've booked?? My guess would be not that many really... it may seem like everyone based on the discussion on these boards... but my guess is not too many overall.

Your post is regarded very important to me because you've just proven the reason for taking screen shots of price drops and possibly having to send them in just in case.

1000% right. I took screen shots every time and attached them to the claim form. Otherwise you have nothing to fall back on if it gets denied, then it's just a 'he said, she said' situation with the final decision out of your hands......

Thanks everyone.. I figured it out..

Question: Do I automatically send the screen shot in with the ES request form, or only if there is a problem with them honoring the drop in the form of an OBC or upgrade?

Thats up to you, I sent the screen shots along with every request form, just to make sure they were looking at the same think I was. Can't hurt!

My cuise is in about 70 days and my category cabin is almost 1,000 more than I paid for it.

Last cruise there wasn't ever a drop either.

For this cruise there are still some cabins open in the category, so I'm going to keep checking.

Absolutely keep checking. Prices for our cruises have always gone up. Also, even if your category fills up, continue to check daily. Last year a few weeks before we sailed, an entire block of E2's on RC Mariner opened up, and we got the price drop, and moved into a "center hump" balcony location.

Archived