Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

12dawnbayofbiscay.jpg

They are in the Bay of Biscay now...

notorious for rough weather,trust they are not getting thrown around too much:eek:

Making their way to the their last port of call in Europe,

then over to Southampton,

and half way all ready.:D

NSWP Fascinating place Gibraltar
Never made it to Gib yet Les. We were on a cruise that was supposed to call there and we were going to meet up with friends from NZ who live there, but Britain and Spain were having another of their border spats and we could not land.

David i can't believe the temperature drop from one side of the gilbralter strait to the other..... I didn't think we would need our winter woollies till we got up towards scotland next year !!

what did you say about rough seas LOL

2026964920040575311S600x600Q85.jpg

Bay of Biscay is the only place I've been seasick, along with almost all the other passengers. I was told it was because two conflicting currents meet here, so the ship goes front to back and side to side simultaneously! :(

QM2's maiden voyage ventured into the Bay of Biscay .....

the star attraction for that cruise was a performance by Shirley Bassey,

and even she got seasick and they had to cancel the show:eek:

Good to know I was in good company! :)

How many blogs are everyone following?

I just found one I missed along the way, so have spent an enjoyable time catching up.

Have you noticed that the second half of world cruises, across the Pacific, don't have as many interesting and unique ports of call as the first half? At least it won't be as port intensive, for those who enjoy sea days.

I think the NZ lady who is disembarking in Southhampton to do her own touring thing, and leaving her husband on board, has the right idea!

http://philipgoesroundtheworldin80days.blogspot.com/

BTW I love this blog, and look forward to the "Quote of the Day".

i am following 8 blogs not including the port lecturer on the dawn...

not all are as active as others but they give a great perspective....

glad to see that brett ( comicboy ) is back on board since suffering with his flu... he uploaded about 3 -4 blogs last night http://blog.bretthandy.com/

unfortunately we will be loosing a few at southampton......

they should be arriving around 3 -4 our time in le harve this afternoon!!

joanne

ok from all my searching I have found 1 webcam... who is going to fight for control LOL... and according to the port schedule she is due to actually dock at 5.15.... the only passenger ship I could find also is port is the Prinsendam and it looks like HAL don't actually have any bridge cams.... :-( ....... so I guess we will now be on bridge cam alert between 1 - 2 LOL....

Roger ....

over and out!!

13dawnlehavre.jpg

In the busy traffic lanes now of the English Channel.

After Le Havre its almost a short ferry trip to Southampton:D

That really shows how busy the English Channel is.

Our cruise in September departs from Southampton at 8pm and arrives at Le Havre at 8.00am the following day. You'd think it would get there sooner. However, on our last MSC cruise, the ship usually arrived much earlier than scheduled and occasionally left later.

Will be interested to see what our bloggers do at Le Havre.

i am following 8 blogs not including the port lecturer on the dawn...

not all are as active as others but they give a great perspective....

glad to see that brett ( comicboy ) is back on board since suffering with his flu... he uploaded about 3 -4 blogs last night http://blog.bretthandy.com/

unfortunately we will be loosing a few at southampton......

they should be arriving around 3 -4 our time in le harve this afternoon!!

joanne

Thanks Joanne. I'm following about 5/6 from around Post 70. They are all interesting.

Was really impressed with the choir, which looked so professional in their white tops and black bottoms. However, I couldn't get sound.

13dawnlehavre.jpg

In the busy traffic lanes now of the English Channel.

After Le Havre its almost a short ferry trip to Southampton:D

It is like a motorway in the English Channel.

Can somebody tell me how many days they have been cruising now? I can't believe it that they are nearly into Southhampton!

On Crown Princess last year crossing the Channel, we actually had to stop for an hour mid channel due to congestion, I counted 20 ships around us at one stage, cargo ships, tankers, ferries, warships, cruise ships.

Kiwi Kruzer David!!

I have been doing to research into bergen this morning... and found the thread from ocean princess.... I saw the great cam captures of her going into bergen..... hope you have booked marked those pages because I want you to do that for us too.... you do that stuff so well....

unless of course you change your mind and join us :-)

Some great reading on here and the blogs, my cruise withdrawal symptoms are reaching the acute stage. The interest shown by the CC bods on here has been terrific, keep it up guys, the second half is still to go.!

Kiwi Kruzer David!!

I have been doing to research into bergen this morning... and found the thread from ocean princess.... I saw the great cam captures of her going into bergen..... hope you have booked marked those pages because I want you to do that for us too.... you do that stuff so well....

You should be well stalked in bergen when you go their. heh!

I can see the smallest of specks of light on the bridge cam... even cleaned my screen to make sure I wasnt seeing things...

LOL!

where have you been .... I was wondering what had happened to you .... damn that work!!

This is what happens when you don’t have any cruise booked…; you go on weekend always, which is what we did last weekend.

But you guys will still have to do Le Havere, France, as I have to catch up on my work from our weekend away.

Archived