Can someone PLEASE very clear cut explain Early Saver...

Hey everyone,

I feel so stupid but I am just not getting it..

We have an 8B upgraded to an 8K ES Rate.. Is the only time I can put in for an OBC is when the 8B upgraded to an 8K drops? I also see an 8D-8K and an 8E-8K. Those are higher then my rates but what if those were to drop lower then my rate?

All you have to do is look for a 8K, nothing else. If you happen to see a free upgrade to a 8K, then you can take the rate of the category that has the free upgrade to a 8K, but otherwise, you need to just concentrate on the 8Ks, residency, whatevever you qualify for. Only past guest will have free upgrades generally, unless there is a special like last years.

So most rates, just match to a 8K rate. I would not just be looking at past guest rates.

Hey everyone,

We have an 8B upgraded to an 8K ES Rate.. Is the only time I can put in for an OBC is when the 8B upgraded to an 8K drops? I also see an 8D-8K and an 8E-8K. Those are higher then my rates but what if those were to drop lower then my rate?

I got our OBC from the Early Saver because they were offering an upgrade from a 4A all the way to a 4H (I think). We were in a 4G and because we were somewhere in the mix, we got the lower rate. Came out to be $100 between two cabins.

I then noticed another price drop from an upgrade, so I submitted again. It was denied because I missed where it was only an upgrade from a 4A to a 4B and then just went one catagory at a time instead of including all cabins in between.

Does this make any sense or help at all? LOL

Hey everyone,

As firefly said look for the 8K and since you have never cruised before and you are way under 55 you can only look for the residency rate for any extras along with the price drops on the regular price. The early saver rate will not even show anymore on an August booking.

Have fun

All you have to do is look for a 8K, nothing else. If you happen to see a free upgrade to a 8K, then you can take the rate of the category that has the free upgrade to a 8K, but otherwise, you need to just concentrate on the 8Ks, residency, whatevever you qualify for. Only past guest will have free upgrades generally, unless there is a special like last years.

So most rates, just match to a 8K rate. I would not just be looking at past guest rates.

OMG.. I think I actually get it now.. Lol.. Thank you sooo much.. Mach, I want this made into a sticky.. Hhahahaha.. Lol:D

But wait, if past guest is lower I can not take that right? I assume not..?

OMG.. I think I actually get it now.. Lol.. Thank you sooo much.. Mach, I want this made into a sticky.. Hhahahaha.. Lol:D

But wait, if past guest is lower I can not take that right? I assume not..?

I assumed you were a past guest, but someone said above you were a new cruiser. my bad. You can only get rates you qualify for.

Gee, I'm glad you posted today!

I look a couple of times every day at our December sailing, but the only thing I've seen was during the Past Guest sale. We've been out of town overnight, so I came here, read your post, and thought, "What the heck..." and went to look. Ours dropped another $10 per person! YAY! More free drinks! :D

Gee, I'm glad you posted today!

I look a couple of times every day at our December sailing, but the only thing I've seen was during the Past Guest sale. We've been out of town overnight, so I came here, read your post, and thought, "What the heck..." and went to look. Ours dropped another $10 per person! YAY! More free drinks! :D

Unless they raise drink prices again !!! :D

Is it me or is Carnival making the customer do all of the work?

If I book an ES then it is my responsibility to check prices and ask for an OBC?

This isnt automatic?

If this is the case I will just book my normal past guest rate or what not and not look back.

If I book an ES then it is my responsibility to check prices and ask for an OBC?

This isnt automatic?

If this is the case I will just book my normal past guest rate or what not and not look back.

If YOU book ES with the cruiseline - - YOUR Responsibility

If Booked ES thru a TA - - THEIR Responsibility

If you don't want the worries of it..... Book the way you like other than ES !!! :D

This isnt automatic?

Nope, not even close to automatic. You have to submit the price drop form yourself too, unless you booked thru a TA, then they hopefully will. No more just calling in and getting it done on the spot.

Glad I found this post as well. I will start checking everyday. Quick question, if you booked with Carnival over the phone and have a personal vacation planner is it still up to you to go on line and do it your self or call your personal vacation planner.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Glad I found this post as well. I will start checking everyday. Quick question, if you booked with Carnival over the phone and have a personal vacation planner is it still up to you to go on line and do it your self or call your personal vacation planner.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Yes, its up to you. The PVP isnt supposed to do it. They arent even supposed to upgrade you if you want to pay to upgrade, you are supposed to do it via the form (stupid to me).

Marcyjane--I belive if you book through a PVP, then you can submit the form. I booked through a PVP and have done my own forms twice. I would not wait around for you PVP to do--I am not sure that is something they do.

Marcyjane--I belive if you book through a PVP, then you can submit the form. I booked through a PVP and have done my own forms twice. I would not wait around for you PVP to do--I am not sure that is something they do.

they would have to pretend to be you to submit them with your email. My PVP did it once for me when I was out of town.

Anybody have any idea as to the rhyme or reason of different rate categories? Our Splendor sailing has only had 2 - Fun Select and Early Saver. Early Saver dropped off yesterday. I'm assuming this could be a sign the sailing is selling well right now? Translation: Good luck with ES. :D

Anybody have any idea as to the rhyme or reason of different rate categories? Our Splendor sailing has only had 2 - Fun Select and Early Saver. Early Saver dropped off yesterday. I'm assuming this could be a sign the sailing is selling well right now? Translation: Good luck with ES. :D

Incentive rates like pack n go and past guest often dont show up until after final payment.

My Sept 26th cruise only has fun saver and fun select. ... so its kinda early for them to push fall cruises this early, since we are just going into summer.

It sounds like too much work! LOL.

I will stick with my usual method of booking what I think is a fair price and not look back.

It seems like a stressful thing to keep checking prices and filling out forms.

Thanks for the replies to my question. :)

It sounds like too much work! LOL.

I will stick with my usual method of booking what I think is a fair price and not look back.

It seems like a stressful thing to keep checking prices and filling out forms.

Thanks for the replies to my question. :)

Yes.. I am very stressed by it actually.. I just don't want to lose a drop.. :eek:

okay, not to beat this horse dead, but I need to understand how it works. i thought i did, but i think i've confused myself LOL. i booked us 4B (first time cruisers, still deciding if we'll like this compared to land-based). anyhoo, we did book ES. do i check Fun Saver and Fun Select in my category, as well? my cruise isn't until June '11. as well as state of residency, right? sorry, to re-ask, i guess i need it done in pictures LOL also, am i just using Carnival's site, or do I use other sites for the price comparisons?

okay, not to beat this horse dead, but I need to understand how it works. i thought i did, but i think i've confused myself LOL. i booked us 4B (first time cruisers, still deciding if we'll like this compared to land-based). anyhoo, we did book ES. do i check Fun Saver and Fun Select in my category, as well? my cruise isn't until June '11. as well as state of residency, right? sorry, to re-ask, i guess i need it done in pictures LOL also, am i just using Carnival's site, or do I use other sites for the price comparisons?

That is correct, but you can check other sites also to see if they have lower fares. I always use www.cruises.com and go through like I was booking the same category and see if price is different.:D Good luck!!!!!!

Yes, its up to you. The PVP isnt supposed to do it. They arent even supposed to upgrade you if you want to pay to upgrade, you are supposed to do it via the form (stupid to me).

I've got a personal vacation planner that I have booked thru many times and he has always done whatever is necessary to give me the lower price. It's not automatic, I have to catch the price reduction but he's done this numerous times for me and he, along with any other Carnival agent ALWAYS tries to upgrade instead of giving OBC.

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates. Price Protection is ONLY for Carnival-advertised rates.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

ken

Can someone clear this up for me? I have asked before on another post and read all the posts I can find on the topic, and asked my PVP but I am still confused.

This is for July 17 sailing, cruise is paid in full.

I booked for 5 people in one state room, Category 6D, at $839 for first 2 people and $649 per additional using the past guest rates. NOw when i go through like its a new booking, it tells me there are no cabins for 5 people. Yet when I go onto cruises.com, they have them available for $761 per person (they apparently do not give you a discount for 3rd, 4th and 5th passenger).

So, on Carnivals site, i put in just 2 passengers at the past guest rate, and get the following:

I can book a 6B at $799.00 per person (again only using 2 guests) and get a free upgrade to a cabin 6D. (cruises.com will give me this upgrade for a 5 passenger room)

or I can select 6D for $834 per person, (again based on only 2 people) and get a free upgrade to a cabin 6E.

I can see from cruises.com, that they still have several rooms left that can accomodate 5 people.

So my question is, am I entitled to anything like an upgrade or an OBC????

Thank you in advance for any help.

Danielle

Archived