Can someone PLEASE very clear cut explain Early Saver...

I was doing the total room charge. Looks like the "fees & taxes" went down as well???

Originally I paid $125.98/pp and now they are $65.98. Guess there's nothing I can do about that? Can anyone explain the diff?

the ES Price Protection only appliesd to the CruiseFare. don't include Govt Taxes & Fees in your calculation. Changes in Govt fee's and Taxes will be settled when you cruise. ken

I'm sorry, but I have a question about this too.

DH and I are sailing on the Valor on 10/10/10. We booked a 4B cabin at $369 per pax with the ES rate.

Cruises.com is offering a free upgrade from 4B to 4E if you book with them.

The 4E on carnival.com is $529 per pax. 4B is not availble (but costs $499 on cruises.com)

Can I submit a claim for the difference between the cost of the 4E cabin and what I paid for the 4B cabin? If that is not possible, can I submit a claim for the difference between the current 4E cabin and the current 4B cabin?

One more question: If I did this when I continue to look at the carnival website for price drops would I be searching for cat 4B or 4E?

Thank you very very much!!

I was doing the total room charge. Looks like the "fees & taxes" went down as well???

Originally I paid $125.98/pp and now they are $65.98. Guess there's nothing I can do about that? Can anyone explain the diff?

I would be extremely surprised if taxes and fees dropped that much. Did you book thru a TA?? They often pull port fees out of the cruise fare amount and lump them in with the fees and taxes.

If fees and taxes actually went down (which is never as much as you say), you will get it back on your S&S account onboard as a OBC. We both got $3.91 OBC on our last crusie as OBC. You will get it back.

DH and I are sailing on the Valor on 10/10/10. We booked a 4B cabin at $369 per pax with the ES rate.

The 4E on carnival.com is $529 per pax. 4B is not availble (but costs $499 on cruises.com)

Can I submit a claim for the difference between the cost of the 4E cabin and what I paid for the 4B cabin? If that is not possible, can I submit a claim for the difference between the current 4E cabin and the current 4B cabin?

One more question: If I did this when I continue to look at the carnival website for price drops would I be searching for cat 4B or 4E?

I think Im confused?? You are in a 4B at a lower price than any of the prices you are seeing right?? Unless the current price is $369 (which is what you said you paid) you cant upgrade on the free upgrade..

It sounds to me like you want to put in for a difference you see on carnival site vs a TA site (you probably just arent seeing some rate on Carnival)?? both of which are higher than what you paid .. or am I misunderstanding?

??????? I don't see a lower rate than what you paid anywhere..... If there is not lower rate there is nothing to claim, unless I don't understand you correctly.......

With all the discussion on rate eligibility, I will chime in with this. We have had two price drops so far on our Legend sailing in December. One was during the Past Guest sale. When I called my PVP to see if I was eligible (because I wasn't sure), he said YES, upgraded us from an 8D to an 8E, and then walked me through the form.

MY POINT IS: The Past Guest sale only saved us $10 pp, but I am the only past guest. In other words, he gave the $10 pp rate adjustment to DH, too, even though he has never cruised before. PVP even asked me outright, "Has he cruised with us before?" I replied honestly that he hadn't, but that didn't seem to matter. :D

With all the discussion on rate eligibility, I will chime in with this. We have had two price drops so far on our Legend sailing in December. One was during the Past Guest sale. When I called my PVP to see if I was eligible (because I wasn't sure), he said YES, upgraded us from an 8D to an 8E, and then walked me through the form.

MY POINT IS: The Past Guest sale only saved us $10 pp, but I am the only past guest. In other words, he gave the $10 pp rate adjustment to DH, too, even though he has never cruised before. PVP even asked me outright, "Has he cruised with us before?" I replied honestly that he hadn't, but that didn't seem to matter. :D

Seems like many of these questions don't have a right or wrong answer, just depends on who you talk to and who is reviewing your ES forms that determine the outcome.

that is always true. Only one person in the cabin has to be qualified for the rate to apply to the whole cabin.

only one person has to be aged 55 to get a senior rate for the whole cabin, not just for the past guest rate, it applies to all rates.

thanks, maybe someone was wondering about that.

I think Im confused?? You are in a 4B at a lower price than any of the prices you are seeing right?? Unless the current price is $369 (which is what you said you paid) you cant upgrade on the free upgrade..

It sounds to me like you want to put in for a difference you see on carnival site vs a TA site (you probably just arent seeing some rate on Carnival)?? both of which are higher than what you paid .. or am I misunderstanding?

??????? I don't see a lower rate than what you paid anywhere..... If there is not lower rate there is nothing to claim, unless I don't understand you correctly.......

Yes, I see what you both are saying. I misunderstood how the program works. I think I get it now. Thank you!

that is always true. Only one person in the cabin has to be qualified for the rate to apply to the whole cabin.

only one person has to be aged 55 to get a senior rate for the whole cabin, not just for the past guest rate, it applies to all rates.

thanks, maybe someone was wondering about that.

OH! Thanks for that clarification! Maybe PVP was just asking to be polite. (And he IS a very nice and very funny guy...) :)

Thanks FF!

In reference to people who think it is too much work to look for price reductions when booking ES - how valuable is your time? My couple of minutes Googling military rates for my July cruise saved me $320.

My perhaps 20-30 minutes total spent checking the website for price reductions has given me a total OBC of $740 for 2 cabins. (And I expect more before we sail in July...)

In regards to military rates - Carnival will ask for proof of current enlistment or of honorable discharge. If you don't provide the proof, they take your discounts away.

Another question----I've booked a quad cabin in a category 4F. There are 4 of us. It's a ES rate, and I'm a past guest. There is a 2 person 4F rate that is showing now that is $105. less per person (persons 1 and 2) than I paid. There are no quads left on this sailing, so I can't see the prices for person 3 and 4. The Carnival rep said that it had to be the exact same type of room for me to get OBC (i.e., a quad); not just the same category. Can anyone else confirm this? I think there are so few quads that I won't have any luck finding a lower rate, if this is true...

Sorry another question - booked early saver for my Oct Legend cruise. ES is now gone, but Past Guest (which I do qualify for) is $10 pp less than we booked. If I submit the form - does it CHANGE me to past guest or am I still eligible for later ES price drops.

Its not worth a whopping $20 reduction in price if I am going to be switched to past guest. I would rather take a chance and maybe find a lower price closer to sailing.

Thanks - I've booked ES before, but don't usually find price reductions this far out.

Another question----I've booked a quad cabin in a category 4F. There are 4 of us. It's a ES rate, and I'm a past guest. There is a 2 person 4F rate that is showing now that is $105. less per person (persons 1 and 2) than I paid. There are no quads left on this sailing, so I can't see the prices for person 3 and 4. The Carnival rep said that it had to be the exact same type of room for me to get OBC (i.e., a quad); not just the same category. Can anyone else confirm this? I think there are so few quads that I won't have any luck finding a lower rate, if this is true...

You can only price match to another quad. So, if they are sold out, until one opens up (and most likely one will later on), then you can price match. Often when pax 1 and 2 drop, pax 3 and 4 go up as the quads fill up, so without that info you cant figure out what the whole price would be.

Sorry another question - booked early saver for my Oct Legend cruise. ES is now gone, but Past Guest (which I do qualify for) is $10 pp less than we booked. If I submit the form - does it CHANGE me to past guest or am I still eligible for later ES price drops.

Its not worth a whopping $20 reduction in price if I am going to be switched to past guest. I would rather take a chance and maybe find a lower price closer to sailing.

Thanks - I've booked ES before, but don't usually find price reductions this far out.

Once ES always ES.

Ok here's another question. I've read the posts here and trying to understand this as well.

So you all are saying that you go to Carnival website, log in to your booking # and check rates on the cat. you have now and then fill out a form if the price has gone down. Where on the website is the form you request OBc? :confused: Sorry I can't find form.

Thanks for you help!

Marcy

Ok here's another question. I've read the posts here and trying to understand this as well.

So you all are saying that you go to Carnival website, log in to your booking # and check rates on the cat. you have now and then fill out a form if the price has gone down. Where on the website is the form you request OBc? :confused: Sorry I can't find form.

Thanks for you help!

Marcy

Actually, you should log OUT (not log in) and just pretend to book your same cruise, checking all the rates. If the rate for the same # of people in your cabin, same category is less than you paid, then you can worry about the form.. I cant seem to find the form link, but im sure lots have it handy if you need it.

Help! I noticed my rate FINALLY dropped this morning! So I immediately filled out the early saver form and sent it in. Got the standard reply email that it would be reviewed and a reponse in 3 days, blah blah. did a print screen to make sure I had the ringht info. Well just a few minutes later I got this email: Thank you for your email. Unfortunately your form did not come through. Please visit http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx to resubmit your form. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

So I resubmitted my form. got the same response. So I resubmitted again! and again, same response. I checked the rate again only to find out that NO more cabins in my category (or any category) are available. I called Carnival and spoke with a rep who said that they are having internal issues with the form submission and that I should keep on trying!

Wonder if they will honor the price drop now that there are no more cabins available although there was at the time I initially submitted my form.

Is anyone else having these issues? have they honored it?

Help! I noticed my rate FINALLY dropped this morning! So I immediately filled out the early saver form and sent it in. Got the standard reply email that it would be reviewed and a reponse in 3 days, blah blah. did a print screen to make sure I had the ringht info. Well just a few minutes later I got this email: Thank you for your email. Unfortunately your form did not come through. Please visit http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx to resubmit your form. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

So I resubmitted my form. got the same response. So I resubmitted again! and again, same response. I checked the rate again only to find out that NO more cabins in my category (or any category) are available. I called Carnival and spoke with a rep who said that they are having internal issues with the form submission and that I should keep on trying!

Wonder if they will honor the price drop now that there are no more cabins available although there was at the time I initially submitted my form.

Is anyone else having these issues? have they honored it?

they will honor it, particularly when you provide the e-mails and document the call you made and have the screen print. You did book via Carnival, not via TA? ken

they will honor it, particularly when you provide the e-mails and document the call you made and have the screen print. You did book via Carnival, not via TA? ken

Yes, I booked through a Carnival PVP and she is the one who walked me through the ES form and told me what to put in each field. I have not yet heard back if they did or if they did not receive it. :( Guess I'll have to just wait it out. I'm not a very patient person. $60 is not a lot, but it's something.

Archived