Can someone PLEASE very clear cut explain Early Saver...

Quick question on the ES.

Can you only apply if the rate goes down on Carnival's website or will they accept another website such as XXXX, XXXXXX, etc.

Thanks,

Marcy:)

I XXXX'd out your TA names since we can't mention a TA specifically.

I watch other TA sites, because Carnival's site doesnt show all the rates lately. Since no one can advertise lower rates, TA sites should be showing Carnival rates.

Carnival will not match perks offered by TAs, but the prices you see should be valid. Call Carnival if you cant find it on the Carnival site to confirm?

I too am watching TA sites to get the prices.

If YOU book ES with the cruiseline - - YOUR Responsibility

If Booked ES thru a TA - - THEIR Responsibility

If you don't want the worries of it..... Book the way you like other than ES !!! :D

Most TA's are not going to keep an eye on the rates for you. They have better things to do. You will have to watch the rates yourself and then when you find a better rate tell them and they will submit the change.

I booked direct with Carnival. So what you all are saying is if I check a major travel booking site on the web and the price is lower Carnvial will honor that.

Thanks,

Marcy

No - Per the Terms & conditions, Price Protection is ONLY for Carnival-advertised sites. Sometimes ite's just easier to check the current rates on one of the popular on-line sites then confirm with Carnival if it's lower. ken

I XXXX'd out your TA names since we can't mention a TA specifically.

I watch other TA sites, because Carnival's site doesnt show all the rates lately. Since no one can advertise lower rates, TA sites should be showing Carnival rates.

Carnival will not match perks offered by TAs, but the prices you see should be valid. Call Carnival if you cant find it on the Carnival site to confirm?

I too am watching TA sites to get the prices.

Can I use my ES with the Pack & Go price?

Can I use my ES with the Pack & Go price?

No, because ALL pack no go rates are only guarantees. There are no specific bookings on any pack no go rates to compare to.

if the category above yours is lower, you can upgrade though. like you are in a 4A, and OV guarantee is lower, you can move to the OV.

No, because ALL pack no go rates are only guarantees. There are no specific bookings on any pack no go rates to compare to.

if the category above yours is lower, you can upgrade though. like you are in a 4A, and OV guarantee is lower, you can move to the OV.

Thanks, I think I completely understand ES now with your expanation!:D

they will honor it, particularly when you provide the e-mails and document the call you made and have the screen print. You did book via Carnival, not via TA? ken

They did honor the rate and I've since had an additional price drop so now we have $120 in OBC! Woohoo!

Early Saver is a program where in exchange for keeping your deposit, Carnival insures that the price you booked at will never go down!!:D

hahahahhaha. Yep. That's where I am. Im booked at $409 and two weeks after me I could get a higher category for $349, but it would cost me $100 ($50 pp) to switch dates.

And Im probably going to wind up paying the $100 to switch ships on the one after that...I think Im not going to book ES any more out of Galveston, wait for last minute deals. I keep telling myself to quit jumping the gun since we are so flexible on dates anyway.

With Early Saver if you have to cancel your cruise you will ONLY get a credit for a future sailing you WILL NOT get a full refund back only a SHIP CREDIT. So they have your money for 1 year locked in...I would never go with Early Saver I go with Past Guest this guarantee's you to get a FULL REFUND if you need to cancel before your final payment due date.

Also, with Early Saver, you can't combine it with stockholder credit, or with the Future Cruise vacation certificate.

I can't comment on stockholder credit, but you can combine the ES rate with the Future Cruise certificate.

I'm turning into a big fan of the ES program. I booked a Galveston cruise six months ago at a rate that I wasn't thrilled with, but was willing to pay (and cheaper than the past guest rate at the time). The rate increased a couple times over the next few months, but in the last week it has dropped to $200pp less than what I booked for. That starts me out with $900 in OBC ($200 x 4 pax + $100 cruise certificate), which may get me pretty close to breaking even on my Sign & Sail account. :D

Bottom line, I would have been happy with ES if the rate had stayed the same or gone up, and I'm thrilled with ES since it has worked out so well.

Also, with Early Saver, you can't combine it with stockholder credit, or with the Future Cruise vacation certificate.

Someone else addressed the Future Cruise Certificate.

And I'm "pretty sure" you can combine ES with stockholder credit...

With Early Saver if you have to cancel your cruise you will ONLY get a credit for a future sailing you WILL NOT get a full refund back only a SHIP CREDIT. So they have your money for 1 year locked in...I would never go with Early Saver I go with Past Guest this guarantee's you to get a FULL REFUND if you need to cancel before your final payment due date.

Actually the credit is held for 2 years from the date you cancel ...not 1 year.

Early Saver is a program where in exchange for keeping your deposit, Carnival insures that the price you booked at will never go down!!:D

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary could not have done a better job!! :D :D

Buy Early Save Money!

Wouldn't it be great if that were always the case.

Check out an interior cabin on Carnival Sensation departing October 28, 2010.

After you click on Select, you'll see the two pricing options:

Fun Select: $269

Early Saver: $279 . . .:confused:

(and if you change it to One Passenger, the gap gets bigger).

I have 17 more sailing dates to offer on multiple ships where this is currently the case. Something smells foul in Miami (and it's coming from the corporate office, and not Carnival Dream).

I can't comment on stockholder credit, but you can combine the ES rate with the Future Cruise certificate.

Yep, you can combine with shareholder credit as well. Not sure what their source was for earlier post.

Thank you all for patiently explaining this. Thanks the boards, I remembered to "pretend" shop for my cruise (Dream, Nov 6, Cat 8D) and the price dropped $100! So I submitted the form and was approved.

But now that I'm hooked on checking, my category has disappeared. Does this mean 8D is sold out and I should quit checking now? No more chances for a lower price?

I got the stockholder credit and FC vacation certificate for my Valor cruise. Alot of carnival PVP's know rules in different ways causing it hard to understand everything about Carnival. :)

Thank you all for patiently explaining this. Thanks the boards, I remembered to "pretend" shop for my cruise (Dream, Nov 6, Cat 8D) and the price dropped $100! So I submitted the form and was approved.

But now that I'm hooked on checking, my category has disappeared. Does this mean 8D is sold out and I should quit checking now? No more chances for a lower price?

Check all the rates, maybe there are some 8Ds on another rate hiding?? Also, when the upsells start, one may open up right before the cruise too. Keep watching closer to the cruise as well.

Archived