I assume cancelling and rebooking is not an option

My cruise is on sale, like 1/2 of what I paid (and higher cat staterooms)

If I cancell now I lose the deposit, even so if I rebooked as a new reservation, there is a $500 difference. Per stateroom.

Is this possible, or is this my first and last cruise on RCI?

If you are seeing this rate on the one-day "sales event", then the rate is for today only and for new bookings only. I believe RCI will not allow you to cancel and rebook, but it is certainly worth a try for you. Why not call them? Also, many cruises that are offered on the on the "sales event" will show up the next day or few days at another discounted rate. Assuming you booked your cruise before May 17, 2010, you can get credit back for lower rates or you can upgrade to a better cabin.

I don't think you can do that as it's a rule for new bookings only etc..

Check tomorrow, sometimes the price reduction stays after the Tuesday sales.. Or you might upgrade to a better cabin. Those are your best options.. That is one great price reduction though.. hope it stays till tomorrow. Keep checking all the time for price reductions as they do come up when you least expect it.. I hope this works out for you and you enjoy your RCI cruise. Hopefully you booked prior to May 17th and it sounds like you did. You can get price reductions after final payment.

If I cancell now I lose the deposit, even so if I rebooked as a new reservation, there is a $500 difference. Per stateroom.

I assume that you are within the window where you have made final payment. In the past RCCL has always lowered the final payment or if final payment has been made done the difference as a credit on board. They have a new program in place now so...

Call them and see what they are doing as an accomodation. You don't have to cancel your reservation! If it were me I would amend my reservation and seriously upgrade to a higher class stateroom.

What I can't figure out is why the first thing you would do is post to Cruise Critic and voice assumptions instead of calling your travel agent or RCCL for a factual answer. What you'll get here is some answers that could be right, wrong, or a mix of both.

I'm just sayin.

Why would the ability or inability to cancel and rebook at the sale price dictate whether you would cruise again on Royal?

LOL, do you think you'd do better somewhere else in the same circumstances?

You wouldn't. RCL is the easiest even with the new guidelines announced.

Your cruise is listed in the Tuesday sale event. You can't get that price as the sale is for new bookings only. Keep checking after today.

There are resident promos. What state are you in?

When did you book?

When is your sailing?

Why isn't it listed in your signature, instead of the cruises that are?

So many questions and so few answers.

jc

When did you book?

When is your sailing?

Why isn't it listed in your signature, instead of the cruises that are?

So many questions and so few answers.

jc

Inquiring minds want to know.

I assume that you are within the window where you have made final payment. In the past RCCL has always lowered the final payment or if final payment has been made done the difference as a credit on board. They have a new program in place now so...

If she booked her cruise prior to 5/17 then she will still get price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing. It will be in the form of an OBC if it happens after final payment.

Bookings made on or after 5/17 get price reductions up until final payment. After final payment, then it gets a little tricky on what to expect.:D

Yes, today is Tuesday, and yes, her cruise is on the Tuesday Sales Event list, and yes, Tuesday is bringing out the "but why can't I get this price just because it says "for new bookings only?" customers.

She has already received a price drop that made her very happy.

But no, Fauna, you cannot get the price on a Tuesday Sales Event when you are already booked on the cruise. The computer knows that you are booked, and will not allow you to cancel and re-book.

As another poster wrote, keep checking for resident discounts. If they don't fill the ship with this Tuesday's Sales Event, they may put other discounts on the cabins.

I have cancelled and rebooked for a sales event. I had to pay a $500 penalty (5 x $100) but I still saved $600. I guess it depends on who answers the phone. They initially told me I couldn't cancel and rebook but I asked them, "If I pay the penalty, why can't I?" and they did let me do it. You may as well ask. (ymmv)

I have cancelled and rebooked for a sales event. I had to pay a $500 penalty (5 x $100) but I still saved $600. I guess it depends on who answers the phone. They initially told me I couldn't cancel and rebook but I asked them, "If I pay the penalty, why can't I?" and they did let me do it. You may as well ask. (ymmv)

If you had to pay a penalty of $500 but still saved $600........you actually only saved $100.:eek:

If you had to pay a penalty of $500 but still saved $600........you actually only saved $100.:eek:

$1100 (price drop) - $500 (penalty) = $600 (savings). That is the great thing about math. You can always find a way to prove your point.

Actually the price went down $1100 so I netted $600 after the penalty. oic OB did the math.

Those summer Bermuda itineraries on Explorer usually seem to have drops about 6-7 before sail date. That first one I got an adjustment, the next one I booked after final when the prices dropped. This time I booked early because they had a good deal on GS early on. They are gone now and I don't expect to see any big drops on our inside but I am grandfathered on that one so doesn't matter. In the future I'll book after final because I don't need air.

If one cancels and pays the penalty, can you get the same cabin when you rebook assuming that it's all done on the same phone call?

We were booked a couple months ago, so I'm hoping that what you guys said is right about it not being cruises booked prior to 05/17.

Archived