Hotel in Barcelona early august

sailsale

Welcome to CC,

You might want to wander over to the European/Spain ports of call here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

Lots of people recommend Hotel Jazz, we couldn't get space there but got 4 rooms at Hotel Olivia at PLaza Cataluna, close to everything and at the top of Lamblas.

I need a pre hotel in Barcelona early August. Would like 4 star with good pricing. Do I need a hotel with breakfast included?

• 7 months later...

Only you know if you need breakfast or not! All the local bars offer food and coffee at much more reasonable prices than the hotels provided you are happy to eat Spanish food, which of course, you will be, I'm sure.

We stayed at Jazz - I travelled with a college niece. I am not a big breakfast eater but require a morning cup of coffee. There was a Starbucks very nearby and that's my niece's normal routine each morn at school. Each day we'd begin with two Cafe Americanos with two danish/piece of cake/muffin,, etc that would cost about $12 euro total. We'd enjoy it outside sitting at the tables/umbrellas and people watch till we were ready to begin exploring each day. So if you are not a big breakfast person, you'll see these type other familiar options also.

Try Atlantis Hotel (http://www.hotelatlantis-bcn.com/A01_Presentacion.php?c=1&area=A&lang=EN). In the same neighborhood as the Jazz Hotel, but much more affordable, and comes with breakfast!

Hi there,

I'm heading to Barcelona for a 3 days pre-cruise stay in early September and I just emailed the Hotel Atlantis for a rate inquiry. Here is what they said:

Single room cost per day 70Euros

Buffet Breakfast Included

Taxes 8% Not Included

Prices per room

I'm thinking of booking this hotel for my trip. Pretty much all reviews on Trip Advisory have been very positive.

:)

Hi there,

I'm heading to Barcelona for a 3 days pre-cruise stay in early September and I just emailed the Hotel Atlantis for a rate inquiry. Here is what they said:

Single room cost per day 70Euros

Buffet Breakfast Included

Taxes 8% Not Included

Prices per room

I'm thinking of booking this hotel for my trip. Pretty much all reviews on Trip Advisory have been very positive.

:)

We just booked this hotel for July 2011. 80 Euros a night including breakfast. It was by far the best priced hotel in the area we are looking for. the trip advisor reviews are very favorable. hoping it was a good decision!

Patti

We just booked this hotel for July 2011. 80 Euros a night including breakfast. It was by far the best priced hotel in the area we are looking for. the trip advisor reviews are very favorable. hoping it was a good decision!

Patti

Would love to hear what you thought of the hotel after you get back. Have a great trip!!

Gotta say (again) that the JAZZ is great! We were there for 5 days post-cruise last month (Dec. 2010)--and it was as wonderful as when were there for 3 days pre-cruise in May 2009.... AND they have a little breakfast area OR they will happily send up lovely hot steaming coffee in large cups with little pastries via service staff that you have to push a tip on, as they do not expect it and are so nice about everything. Selling point of the JAZZ is its very modern rooms and large bathrooms, plus free Internet in the room (so deduct that from hotels that charge for Internet). And the location is great -- just steps from a major metro stop (University). Also: one of the ONLY rooftop pools (really luxurious).

For our Western Mediterranean cruise last October, we stayed 3 nights precruise at the Hotel Montecarlo, which is located on Las Ramblas. We selected it due to reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. It was located within walking distance to all of the tours we took. There was also a grocery store located across the street where we were able to buy drinks and snacks. Since we did not opt for the breakfast at the hotel, we also purchased juice and pastries at the store. The rooms were nicely sized, very clean, great service, free wi-fi and the bed was quite comfortable. In fact, I slept the soundest I've ever slept in a bed other than my own.

Also, when in Barcelona, I highly recommend you try the churros and chocolate. There is a wonderful place off of Las Ramblas. It's called Granja La Pallaresa and if you do a search you'll find the website along with a map.

We stayed at the Hotel Condes Barcelona. The location was amazing on the Pasieg de Garcia. Lots of great architecture, near the metro station, up scale shops and about a 10 min walk to Placa Catalunya and La Rambla. The room was clean and comfortable and despite being in a busy place, the room was quite and we slept very well. I would recommend for sure. Safe travels.

we have stayed at the Meridian as well at the Royal Ramblas which is very reasonable. Now, as to breakfast - head off to the Boqueria for breakfast. Sit at the bar and enjoy. It is awesome and very reasonable:)

Archived