New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

this is my first post....whats the entertainment like ? and food and drink the island star was good OV excellent.destiny and celebration v good. are the cabins as small as i have been told?

DB 4111, Entertainment is top notch you wont see many better shows outside the West End of London and some of the singers would come out top in BGT

Food is very very good Cabins are a tad small bet then you dont live in them 24/7 just a shower and sleep as there is to much to do on the Good ship IE.

RR

DB 4111, Entertainment is top notch you wont see many better shows outside the West End of London and some of the singers would come out top in BGT

Food is very very good Cabins are a tad small bet then you dont live in them 24/7 just a shower and sleep as there is to much to do on the Good ship IE.

RR

Hi,

Here's some cabin pics in here for you. We had a balcony one, but the boys had an outside on deck 4 and they were same size inside.

As RR says, enough room inside for what you need and the time you spend in there.

http://s727.photobucket.com/home/Cymro1953/allalbums

Look in the Canaries Cruise folder and Island Escape April 2008 ones.

Berwyn

It's gone very very quiet on the Thomson board? do you think all the moaners are on board this week :D

I hope so, sick of reading about the Dream, it's giving me nightmares, lol.:D What's with all these people crying (actual tears) when they've not been hurt yet. Get a grip!!

It's been 35 degrees in Marmaris and floods in Nice and Lyon. I think I'll keep the heat.:):)

Jan

I hope so, sick of reading about the Dream, it's giving me nightmares, lol.:D What's with all these people crying (actual tears) when they've not been hurt yet. Get a grip!!

It's been 35 degrees in Marmaris and floods in Nice and Lyon. I think I'll keep the heat.:):)

Jan

Nice, hot and dry. I can stay at home and watch the rain for free.

They said they'd had more rain in S.France in this lot than we've had in the last 4 months :eek:

Berwyn

Nice, hot and dry. I can stay at home and watch the rain for free.

They said they'd had more rain in S.France in this lot than we've had in the last 4 months :eek:

Berwyn

As we're dodging the icebergs off Iceland, lol. I think we'll go somewhere nice and warm on our next fantasy cruise.:):) You've got 2 weeks to come up with some good ideas.;) Plenty of stops and not too many days at sea.

Jan

As we're dodging the icebergs off Iceland, lol. I think we'll go somewhere nice and warm on our next fantasy cruise.:):) You've got 2 weeks to come up with some good ideas.;) Plenty of stops and not too many days at sea.

Jan

That's easy, straight off top of my head.

Have a look at this one.

http://www.princess.com/find/itineraryDetails.do?voyageCode=K009&tourCode=&date=0710&noOfPax=2&resType=C&definition_name=&airCity=&air=&bID=PCPB

12 days with only 1 day at sea. Small ship, only 670 passengers.

Or this

http://www.princess.com/find/itineraryDetails.do?voyageCode=R020&tourCode=&date=0710&noOfPax=2&resType=C&definition_name=&airCity=&air=&bID=PCPB

Stay overnight in Venice on the ship 1st night. Big ship again only 1 sea day.

Berwyn

PS

warmer here, but overcast, but at least the cool sea breeze has died down

PSS

no.1 son won again last night.

£70 on the Uruguay match.

Berwyn

I like both of them (cruises, that is) the Med one goes on the 14th July which just gives me time to get back do the laundry and repack. A few clouds now but scorching when the sun comes out and hardly any breeze.

Can't believe he won again!!:eek::eek:

Jan

I like both of them (cruises, that is) the Med one goes on the 14th July which just gives me time to get back do the laundry and repack. A few clouds now but scorching when the sun comes out and hardly any breeze.

Can't believe he won again!!:eek::eek:

Jan

Nor me the lucky devil. It can't last.

I'm actually out in the garden at last, the cloud has cleared and the sun is scorchio here at last.

Now it's hotter though the breeze is coming in off the sea, but not enough to stop you sitting out.

We are 3 streets in from the promenade and it comes between the gaps in the buildings.

The 2nd cruise from Venice is the one we are doing next June, but on a different Princess ship.

When we stayed on Lake Garda and did the Venice excursion we stayed late and were able to stay late and see all the little shops lit up in the evening, it was lovely. So we should be able to do that again with staying overnight.

Berwyn

Thanks for the invitation, but you're a bit too far away :D:D

Yes it's really hot out there this afternoon. About time too.

berwyn

Ooh!! you've got your clever head on today!!:D:D

Jan

Ooh!! you've got your clever head on today!!:D:D

Jan

Yes, inspired by the fact that it's my last night tonight and I've finally got a full weekend off.

It's all this consorting with RR that must be rubbing off :D

Berwyn

Yes, inspired by the fact that it's my last night tonight and I've finally got a full weekend off.

It's all this consorting with RR that must be rubbing off :D

Berwyn

Ah hum! Didn't you leave somebody out?:p

RR get the brollies out Berwyns off this weekend, :eek:.

Jan

Ah hum! Didn't you leave somebody out?:p

RR get the brollies out Berwyns off this weekend, :eek:.

Jan

It's you that keeps telling us off for our schoolboy humour Jan:D ,

No it's going to be nice this weekend. The BBC Wales weatherman said so. And you know they're always spot on.

Berwyn

It's you that keeps telling us off for our schoolboy humour Jan:D ,

Berwyn

Hi I resent that!!! I have my mum n dads permission to say so :p

But saying that :D was told to get a haircut tonight? ready for the Holiday..her indoors said I need to act my age .. :eek: so had it cut short now :(

Hi I resent that!!! I have my mum n dads permission to say so :p

But saying that :D was told to get a haircut tonight? ready for the Holiday..her indoors said I need to act my age .. :eek: so had it cut short now :(

That's right do as your told!! It's weird how hair grows so quickly in the sun though, DH has to shave twice a day on holiday and my beard is coming along nicely now I'm getting older. lol :eek::eek:

Jan

Another one to look up into the night sky for!!!!

A new bright green comet has become visible in UK skies as it leaves our solar system forever - but blink and you'll miss it.

Comet McNaught, officially catalogued as C/2009 R, has become brighter than expected and skywatchers can now see it with the naked eye.

The comet is visible all this week and will be brightest in Britain's skies on June 22.

But there's not much time left to catch a glimpse of this unusual sight, which will disappear at the beginning of July.

It was first discovered last September by Australian astronomer Robert McNaught, whose previous comet - nicknamed the Great Comet of 2007 - streaked across the sky in a stunning display.

It is the 51st comet named after McNaught and is most easily visible in dark skies, by people who live away from urban and suburban lighting.

Comets are illuminated by the sun, which boils icy particles and dust off the comet's nucleus into a cloud of material called a head or tail form and this is reflected off sunlight.

This comet's green tail looks about the same length as the width of the full moon in the sky when viewed through binoculars but it is in fact 250,000 miles across - roughly the distance from the Earth to the Moon.

Archived