New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

Just seen the weather for the Med...doesn't look good for a few days.

You're going to have to get to bed a bit earlier. Don't worry about the weather, better now than next week. Getting closer!!:D:D

Jan

I'm like a wee kiddie on Christmas Eve - 3 more sleeps to go :D

Quick question - when I go ashore can I take a photocopy of my passport, rather than my passport (thinking of pickpockets here :eek: although don't try and steal from an English/Scottish wee wummin) would I need to get the copy of passport certified, which I can get done in work

Hi,

Like Jan says, keep it on the ship. We just carry a standard photocopy we did at home in my wallet.

The only place we've been where we had to take it ashore was Egypt and that was because they wouldn't let us ashore without it.

They were selling cheap luggage sales in Poundland if you need one.

Berwyn

wasn't the vino then :D

No it's the decks icing up, it's so cold this far north. Brrr!!

Anyway she's telling porkies, she missed the ship in Aheyuri and is walking overland to Rekyavik to catch it up later today.

Berwyn

No it's the decks icing up, it's so cold this far north. Brrr!!

Anyway she's telling porkies, she missed the ship in Aheyuri and is walking overland to Rekyavik to catch it up later today.

Berwyn

My feet hurt now! Walking overland on that sharp lava is awful. I want to go home, where's the ship.:eek:

Just read a post on the other forum. Someone caught Norovirus on the Celebration last week, eek!!:eek::eek:

Jan

My feet hurt now! Walking overland on that sharp lava is awful. I want to go home, where's the ship.:eek:

Just read a post on the other forum. Someone caught Norovirus on the Celebration last week, eek!!:eek::eek:

Jan

You should have used the road Jan. Highway 1 runs round the coast straight there. :D

Only 1 with Norovirus? Not bad going. They might have brought it aboard with them.

Can they actually diagnose it that fast? or do they classify all cases of D & V as Norovirus, just in case?

Berwyn

You should have used the road Jan. Highway 1 runs round the coast straight there.

Only 1 with Norovirus? Not bad going. They might have brought it aboard with them.

Can they actually diagnose it that fast? or do they classify all cases of D & V as Norovirus, just in case?

Berwyn

Not sure, it's on the Aegean and Ottoman thread. She's was nearly kept back from travelling home but as I said on there it only takes one person to spread it around. She said they were serving the buffet which I actually prefer to be honest as it stops people from messing about with the food and cross contamination with spoons being put back in the wrong tray. Not stressing though, we'll just be careful and not useful the public wc's as you can control hygiene better in the cabin. We're the people who run for it when someone sneezes in the shops. :D:D And on that cheery note, lol.:D:D

You didn't tell me there was a road around Iceland!! I went as the crow flies, straight across. I nearly fell in the hot mud pools in the dark, (actually that not quite true, there was the midnight sun!) terrible smell of sulphur. When do we leave, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!:eek::eek:

Jan

Not sure, it's on the Aegean and Ottoman thread. She's was nearly kept back from travelling home but as I said on there it only takes one person to spread it around. She said they were serving the buffet which I actually prefer to be honest as it stops people from messing about with the food and cross contamination with spoons being put back in the wrong tray. Not stressing though, we'll just be careful and not useful the public wc's as you can control hygiene better in the cabin. We're the people who run for it when someone sneezes in the shops. :DAnd on that cheery note, lol.:D:D

You didn't tell me there was a road around Iceland!! I went as the crow flies, straight across. I nearly fell in the hot mud pools in the dark, (actually that not quite true, there was the midnight sun!) terrible smell of sulphur. When do we leave, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!:eek::eek:

Jan

You know enough to take the proper precautions.

good news we don't leave Rekyavik till tomorrow lunchtime. :eek:

Then next stop Invergordon in Sunny Scotland on Friday

Berwyn

PS

If we'd used our brains we wouldn't have gone on this cruise. Instead of lovely days at sea sunning ourselves in the Med., Adriatic or Aegean we get freezing cold ones across the North Sea, Norwegian Sea and north Atlantic. Brrr!!

Berwyn

PS

If we'd used our brains we wouldn't have gone on this cruise. Instead of lovely days at sea sunning ourselves in the Med., Adriatic or Aegean we get freezing cold ones across the North Sea, Norwegian Sea and north Atlantic. Brrr!!

Berwyn

You're assuming we've got brains, lol. There's too many days at sea, it's only Tuesday and we don't get to Scotland 'til Friday and nothing to see on the way!! no, no, no!! Tell you what, why don't you come on our cruise and you could bring your nurses uniform and medical kit to treat any sufferers of Norovirus, lol.:D:D

Just finished cutting the last of the hedges and now I look like I've been dragged through one backwards, :eek:. Sunny and cloudy today.

Jan

You're assuming we've got brains, lol. There's too many days at sea, it's only Tuesday and we don't get to Scotland 'til Friday and nothing to see on the way!! no, no, no!! Tell you what, why don't you come on our cruise and you could bring your nurses uniform and medical kit to treat any sufferers of Norovirus, lol.:D:D

Just finished cutting the last of the hedges and now I look like I've been dragged through one backwards, :eek:. Sunny and cloudy today.

Jan

That'd be good, a cruise and get paid for it :D Even if I had to do a bit of work.

All this gardening's not good for you. You'll be exhausted and might sprain something before going.

Funny isn't it, we're not far down the road and it was clear blue sky when the sun came up and still the same now. It's because I'm in work and trying to sleep in the day :(

Breeze off the sea is still cool though.

berwyn

I know about the gardening but if I don't get on top of it before we go there'll be weeks of work to do when we get back. Just got to cut the grass, plant up the tubs and hanging baskets and set up the timed watering system then that's it. Hopefully the soft fruit will wait for us to get back. I'm cut and bruised though as usual before a holiday so fingers crossed they'll be gone or I'll look like a battered wife, lol.:D:D

The weather always bucks up when you go back to work doesn't it?;)

Jan

I know about the gardening but if I don't get on top of it before we go there'll be weeks of work to do when we get back. Just got to cut the grass, plant up the tubs and hanging baskets and set up the timed watering system then that's it. Hopefully the soft fruit will wait for us to get back. I'm cut and bruised though as usual before a holiday so fingers crossed they'll be gone or I'll look like a battered wife, lol.:D:D

The weather always bucks up when you go back to work doesn't it?;)

Jan

Ah, I see.

yes, the weather's always lovely when I'm working. Or it seems that way.

Berwyn

Just checked the weather in Istanbul, 30 degrees today, phew!! It gets worse, 36 degrees in Southern Turkey and 23 at night. 10 day forecast to get slightly cooler next week, 28 or so and 17 at night, thank goodness.:eek::eek:

Jan

Just checked the weather in Istanbul, 30 degrees today, phew!! It gets worse, 36 degrees in Southern Turkey and 23 at night. 10 day forecast to get slightly cooler next week, 28 or so and 17 at night, thank goodness.:eek::eek:

Jan

WOW!! that's hot. A lot hotter than middle of June last year.

Berwyn

Good job we're at sea some of the time, hopefully a bit cooler. To think we were moaning about being too cold in Iceland.:eek:

Jan

You can always sit on the shady side of the ship. If that sort of heat keeps up it'll be too hot for much sun lounging.

Berwyn

You can always sit on the shady side of the ship. If that sort of heat keeps up it'll be too hot for much sun lounging.

Berwyn

At least I've got my umbrella for a parasol :). I can't sit out in the sun when it gets over 25 degrees so it'll be the singing lesson again, lol.:D:D Get your earplugs ready.

Jan

At least I've got my umbrella for a parasol :). I can't sit out in the sun when it gets over 25 degrees so it'll be the singing lesson again, lol.:D:D Get your earplugs ready.

Jan

Can you take a parasol? Doesn't the pointy end come under "banned sharp objects? :D

Just stay in the bar :D

Now that's the better solution, then she can stagger out when the sun goes down. Hic...

Berwyn

It's just a little umbrella with a stubby end that can fit in a bag, although a pointy end could come in handy at the buffet, lol. That'd get the ditherers out of the way sharpish.:eek::eek:

Oh yes RR, when it gets that hot it's definitely large cold beers. I have been abstaining since March (too many calories) but I've just got a extra pound off so there's a bit of room to fill, :D:D.

Jan

this is my first post....whats the entertainment like ? and food and drink the island star was good OV excellent.destiny and celebration v good. are the cabins as small as i have been told?

Archived