Most 2 top tables, which class ships?

It's been a few years since we sailed on a Radiance class ship. I seem to recall that there are fewer available tables for two on Radiance class than on Voyager class. Is that right or is it just the opposite? We've done MTD on our last 2 cruises on Mariner and Voyager, but might just go back with traditional depending on availablity of 2 tops. We are D+ and have only once had to wait till after the first night for a 2 top to open up. Not really wanting to prepay the gratuities this time for Radiance in Oct.

The only ship I had trouble getting a 2-top was Radiance. It has been the only cruise we did not get one for traditional dining. I do remember looking around the dining room and not seeing many of them. We switched over to MTD and did get a 2-top.

Anyone know the answer to this? Please no debate about dinner for two. Just info please.

I think it has everthing to do with the configuration in the dining room. For instance, the Rhapsody has long "banquette" style tables for two, which my DH refers to as "dining with 13 of my newest friends".

The Indy and the Mariner have separate tables for two, and on the Mariner we sat in a section that had many of them for MTD.

I think the smaller ships don't have the space for separate tables sometimes, and that's why they seat the two-fers bench style.

However, the dining staff will do everthing they can to accomodate your needs, but be prepared to stick with MTD to get the table for two. We had MTD on the Mariner, scheduled ourselves for 7:15PM, and asked for the same waiter every night. Worked great.

We were on the AOS in December. There were definitely more tables for two on the Adventure than I saw on the Serenade two years earlier. I found the Serenade had a lot of tables for four.

We initially signed up for traditional dining and had requested a table for two. We were advised to go with MTD though.

Archived