They do read the survey cards

grandgeezer

I just got a call from Celebrity, in Miami, and they wanted to talk to me about the comments I put on my survey card after our May 17-30 cruise on the Mercury. I had rated everything excellent except the entertainment which I rated average. The jist of my complaint was the lack of variety, we had four nights in a row where the theme was Broadway show tunes. Started out with a guy singing, the next night it was a woman, the following night they did a combined show with both of them together. The fourth night was the first production show and of course they did Broadway show tunes. It's not that they were bad, it's just that I'm not a fan of this type of music. My wife likes it so I survived the ordeal.

This was our third cruise on the Mercury in the last 16 months and the themes, and most of the songs in the production shows, were the same on all three although they were presented a little different this time. DeJuVu all over again.

I understand why they did it but that didn't make it anymore enjoyable. You can't please all the people all of the time.

Overall the cruise was excellent and we'd go again tomorrow if the right situation arose.

Hi,

I also was on the Solstice's cruise that departed on May 23. I submitted a very favorable survey, but they still called and thanked me for completing the survey. Also, they told me to call if they could be of further assistance. This is the first time (after 56 cruises) that a cruise line has called me and thanked me for completing a survey. I was impressed.

Chuck

We were on Equinox in April. About 2 weeks after we got home, Celebrity called me as well. I gave the ship and crew high marks on the survey and mentioned a few crewmembers by name. Celebrity thanked me for completing the survey and told me the very positive comments I had made about a few crewmembers would be passed along to the appropriate manager....

Claudia

Hi Everyone !

I've always said that Celebrity reads the comment cards. I've seen many of my suggestions implemented onboard. The great news is, Celebrity is in the process of taking it to a new level of excellence. I recieved an email from Celebrity, thanking me for my comments on our Equinox Cruise in April. My Parents fared better. They recieved a phone call, thanking them for their onboard comments. I spoke to the Celebrity representitive on the phone, and she seemed genuinely interested in our comments. It was a very worthwhile experience.

Over the years, you will find countless threads on Cruise Critic, talking about Celebrity being totally disconnected with their passengers, and especially their best customers. I know. I've probably posted dozens of comments about this.

Being that I was tough on Celebrity about this in the past, I feel that I should give credit where credit is due. It's safe to say, that between the recent Captains Club enhancements, and the new initiatives such as the phone calls and emails, it's becoming very clear, that Celebrity is listening to us. I'd like to say Thank you to Celebrity for the new programs. It's great to see they are taking the right steps, and showing a high level of interest regarding guests comments.

Mission Accomplished.

Amen Andy!

Of course X is not perfect, but their customer service has been without the question the best we have had with any cruise line. That combined with their amazing on board service is what is keeping me loyal. More so than any loyalty program.

HI all!

I received a phone call after my May 10 Alaska cruise on the Infinity welcoming me home & thanking me for doing the comment card. A week or so ago I received a survey by email. Celebrity sure is good for service & food!

I was surprised when I checked my RCI Freedom reservation for Nov to see that I had been upgraded from Gold to Platinum without even asking! Good going!:D

~Jo~ :)

And, will add to the chorus, for the first time in 14 cruises, 13 on other lines, Celebrity called and I nearly fell out of my chair. Nice chat, had given, like so many others, a really favorable review, but they called to say they were glad we enjoyed the ship so much. Lovely final touch to a great vacation. Small gesture, but it really impressed me!

I have never received a call from Celebrity after filling out comment card but I have received an email.

I commented on an entertainer that I enjoyed and Celebrity thanked me for the positive

feedback.

I just got off the phone with a representative of Celebrity who called to ask if I had time to discuss my cruise last week on the Solstice. Just got off the ship on Sunday and already they called on the following Friday. Very impressive! We must have talked for at least 25-30 minutes, so there was no rush and he sounded genuinely interested in my comments. Certainly a first for me.

I just got off the phone with a representative of Celebrity who called to ask if I had time to discuss my cruise last week on the Solstice. Just got off the ship on Sunday and already they called on the following Friday. Very impressive! We must have talked for at least 25-30 minutes, so there was no rush and he sounded genuinely interested in my comments. Certainly a first for me.

We received a phone call too two days ago, but we won't at home. We finished our cruise on June 1. Must be a new policy. Never received call from X, this was our fifth cruise with them.

Very impressive and good PR though.

Ricky

We received a phone call too two days ago, but we won't at home. We finished our cruise on June 1. Must be a new policy. Never received call from X, this was our fifth cruise with them.

Very impressive and good PR though.

Ricky

Hi Ricky, I just had my 25th and have never been called.

Hi Ricky, I just had my 25th and have never been called.

Lois, that really surprises me. I'm just wondering..... I wrote in a specific complaint in the "Other Comments" section at the end of the Questionnaire. Do you think that had anything to do with them calling certain people and not others?

Lois, that really surprises me. I'm just wondering..... I wrote in a specific complaint in the "Other Comments" section at the end of the Questionnaire. Do you think that had anything to do with them calling certain people and not others?

That could be the case.

In my questionnaire card I did mention about Oceanview Cafe's coffee is too bitter, and it wasn't just my opinion, few other people that I talked to had the same opinion.

I guess X takes constructive criticsion seriously, as least that is what I hope.

Ricky

Hi Nadalina, that is a beautiful name by the way:)

I always fill out my questionare and usually give kudos to my waitstaff

by name. This time I filled out an "Attention to detail card" as well.

Who knows? I was treated very well throughout the entire week

and when I got home I sent an email to the address on the X homepage

for "Post Cruise". I got an extremely nice reply in return.

But as for phone calls? Who knows.....

Archived