Celebrity Today dailies from Solstice, bar menus and more

ottawapuppy

We're just back from another fantastic week on Solstice (Western Caribbean itinerary). My GOSH, I love this ship.

We've updated our web site with scans of the Celebrity Today daily newsletters, some pictures, scans of the bar menus and more.

Visit the link in my signature below and click the Celebrity Solstice (2010) link on the right-hand side of the web page.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, i found your web site a few days ago. Leaving Aug 1 on the same cruise. Thanks for all the pics and info! I loved it all-it seems like you had a blast and i want to travel with you guys. deb

Mike,

I discovered the dailies and menus yesterday while cruising cruisenotebook.com.

We're doing the same itinerary on Eclipse the week after Thanksgiving.

Thanks for posting...looking forward to the podcasts.

We're just back from another fantastic week on Solstice (Western Caribbean itinerary). My GOSH, I love this ship.

We've updated our web site with scans of the Celebrity Today daily newsletters, some pictures, scans of the bar menus and more.

Visit the link in my signature below and click the Celebrity Solstice (2010) link on the right-hand side of the web page.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the info. DW and I will be on the Eclipse in October.

Is there a cost for the Galley Tour" ? Can my kids go (ages 13, 11, 9)?

Thanks

Hi:)...The Galley Tour is usually by invitation only. I cannot recall

if children are included or not, although I don't remember seeing

them on any that I have attended.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike, great photos:). What inside cabin did you have?

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for sharing. What a great website!

Is there a cost for the Galley Tour" ? Can my kids go (ages 13, 11, 9)?

Thanks

No cost. There is limited space, so they have you register on the morning of the event. I think they ran 3 groups (10am, 10:15am and 10:30am)

They did not mention age limitations.

I love seeing all that stainless steel in those industrial kitchens.

Mike

Hi Mike, great photos:). What inside cabin did you have?

We started in 8151. There was a noisy child in the next room, so we asked to change rooms and after Grand Cayman they moved up to 9174. Both rooms were identical.

Strangely, our friend Barb was in the same category of inside room (I think...) and she had two chairs instead of the little sofa. I wish I would have taken a pic of that room so people could compare.

Mike

No cost. There is limited space, so they have you register on the morning of the event. I think they ran 3 groups (10am, 10:15am and 10:30am)

They did not mention age limitations.

I love seeing all that stainless steel in those industrial kitchens.

Mike

Oh...the Galley tours are different on the S class then.

Oh...the Galley tours are different on the S class then.

The tour was billed as part of their new Celebrity Life program which is being implemented on ships in the fleet.

This page in the dailies talks about the program.

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/Solstice-2010/Celebrity-Today-Daily/12452985_kgdmH#891774830_RWFSC-A-LB

Mike

Thank you for sharing your site, I love it! I have already planned my drinks for my upcoming cruise... Oh I can't wait!

Favourites included the frozen watermelon mojito (Pool Bar), the Eurekatini (cucumber martini in the Martini Bar) and the Ginger Mojito (Molecular Bar).

I could go on....

Mike

Thanks so much for your wonderful link. Just completed viewing of all 37 pages of beverage menus. WOW, I am impressed by your dedication to sharing information! It has helped us decide what drinks we might like to try and therefore which beverage package best meets our needs.

Hope it is okay is I share a link with our roll call.;)

I plan to read lots more tomorrow...but I wanted to say THANK YOU first.:D

Favourites included the frozen watermelon mojito (Pool Bar), the Eurekatini (cucumber martini in the Martini Bar) and the Ginger Mojito (Molecular Bar).

I could go on....

Mike

Those all sound great!! Thanks Mike, always love reading the wonderful details provided by you and Lee. I'm heading over to your website!!

Can you provide more details on the Molecular bar; I missed it on Equinox and want to be sure to try it out on Solstice.

Can you provide more details on the Molecular bar; I missed it on Equinox and want to be sure to try it out on Solstice.

The Molecular Bar features hand-made exotic drinks featuring interesting unique ingredients. For example, the mojito includes a ginger liqueur I have never seen before. The "margarita" is topped with a chipotle foam to add some heat and spice to the drink. Another is topped with liquid nitrogen freezing the top of the drink and creating a spooky smoking effect. The bartender narrates as she blends the drinks. All the fruit used in the drinks is fresh and cut on the spot.

As you can imagine, it takes a few minutes to make each drink, so don't go when it is busy. If you go by and there are only few people there, stop by and enjoy watching the bartender make your drinks. Questions are encouraged about the ingredients and methods.

Mike

Archived