Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Southwest is pushing back their next scedule release to August 8th:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2020. On August 8, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, CruiseDigits said:

It's changed since Monday, now listed as August 15th.

Groan...I just saw that on the SW website - "On August 15, 2019, we will open our schedule for sale through March 06, 2020. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)"   

Apparently it changes frequently, so we have to check back frequently. 😜

Roz

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, mmadhatter said:

Anyone have a best guess on time for Southwest schedule opening?

I got up early and am sitting here waiting.  It's 5:10 am CDT.  I refresh my computer every 5-10 minutes.  May have to call in late to work.  Come on, Southwest! 😁

Roz

3 hours ago, Roz said:

I got up early and am sitting here waiting.  It's 5:10 am CDT.  I refresh my computer every 5-10 minutes.  May have to call in late to work.  Come on, Southwest! 😁

Roz

I thought I blew it by over-sleeping......oh well.

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Fares went live around 10:35am est......they were supposed to go live at 10:15am est.

Of course they went live at 10:35 am when I was in a meeting with someone.  Grrr....

Managed to book my flights, but paid more than I wanted to.  Will keep watching for fare drops.

Roz

Yes, just booked flights to West Palm at the end of January to join friends at a Jensen Beach condo. 

Used points for outgoing flights paid for return flights. Price was okay.

I may be dating myself, but I can remember $89 one way fares of  Long Island to Florida. Remembering the “good old days “!

Also wanted to book for early March to FLL, for a pre cruise stay before taking a cruise on the Sky Princess. The March 4 outgoing flight was possible to book as a one way fare,but couldn’t book the return.

Not sure what to do? I am thinking we should book the outgoing flight and ,of course ,wait for the calendar to open beyond March 6 to book the return flight.DH says to wait. But,by then,the March 4 flights may be totally booked.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before ?

We're in the same boat. I would book it. I was thrilled to get $96 for our flights from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale today. And that rate has now already increased to $106. Plus I think the days of round-trips being cheaper that one-ways are long gone. 

Edited by canadarocks
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, canadarocks said:

We're in the same boat. I would book it. I was thrilled to get $96 for our flights from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale today. And that rate has now already increased to $106. Plus I think the days of round-trips being cheaper that one-ways are long gone. 

I had to pay $164 for a one-way from FLL to Nashville. ☹️

Roz

46 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Although our flight from ATL to FLL was $139, our return flight was a bargain at $89. I can't complain.

I wasn't expecting a bargain on the Nashville to San Diego leg, but I thought I could snag something halfway decent on the FLL to Nashville return trip.  

Roz

On 8/15/2019 at 9:10 PM, MJSailors said:

Also wanted to book for early March to FLL, for a pre cruise stay before taking a cruise on the Sky Princess. The March 4 outgoing flight was possible to book as a one way fare,but couldn’t book the return.

Not sure what to do? I am thinking we should book the outgoing flight and ,of course ,wait for the calendar to open beyond March 6 to book the return flight.DH says to wait. But,by then,the March 4 flights may be totally booked.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before ?

Southwest prices all of their flights as one-ways so you don't get a discount by booking a round-trip and you don't pay a premium by booking a one-way.  I don't see any problems with you booking the March 4th flight, especially if you're planning to fly Southwest on the retun flight too.

• Like 1

I did book the March 4  flight. Now waiting to book a return flight March 15,the day after the cruise. The Southwest agent said that the schedule will open again on Set.26. Of course, that date can change. I will keep checking the Southwest site.

My DH can get anxious regarding travel plans. He thought we might get stuck with no return flight. No problem for me, I know Southwest will have flights posted for the middle of March !

Just have to wait a bit to complete travel reservations.