Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

Anyone know what time of the day SW releases their extended flight schedules?

I saw the post that the new schedules will be released Tuesday. Just want to start checking if any one knows what time they tend to release them. I guess it's like lining up for concert tix!

Last time I booked SWest on opening day it was 7:30 EST and I got what I wanted price-wise, so I am guessing 7am should be early enough for a good selection. When considering the number of flights, days and destinations that people might be looking for, I don't think it's like the new iPhone where you have to be within the first 5 minutes of opening ;)

Thanks, vjmatty!

I must say it's easier sitting in my kitchen clicking a link than camping out in the elements waiting for a phone or, back in my day, for concert tix pre-Ticketmaster! I took an hour long bus ride with some friends and then waited 4 hours to be the first ones to see A Hard Day's Night's Virginia premiere. Those days are over for this old girl!

Edited by fhmoore

Anyone know what time of the day SW releases their extended flight schedules? ......

Hi , similar to the other poster, about 7AM EDT (in my case it was May) was the time when they opened the new schedule.

I did buy the tickets (DTW to FLL) but the prices were not as good as Delta's a month or so before.

About two weeks later the price jumped up about 50% on one of the legs of the flight....... and another week or two later - the price came down to even lower than what I paid ...... it stayed that way for few days ...... and went up again.

So the price was all over the scale.

Edited by wieslaw

I'm disappointed, and even, a bit aggravated with SW and the powers that be. SW was allowed to merge with AirTran and the price for flights from ORF (Norfolk VA) soared.

AirTran was in Newport News/Williamsburg airport which is just across the river and only about 15 minutes further than the Norfolk Airport. That competition kept both airlines' prices down. We can drive slightly over an hour to the Richmond airport that has JetBlue and SW and flights will be 15-25% cheaper due to that competition. Frustrating!

Thanks, vjmatty!

I must say it's easier sitting in my kitchen clicking a link than camping out in the elements waiting for a phone or, back in my day, for concert tix pre-Ticketmaster! I took an hour long bus ride with some friends and then waited 4 hours to be the first ones to see A Hard Day's Night's Virginia premiere. Those days are over for this old girl!

Same here for the Grateful Dead..... things have definitely gotten easier :)

I'm disappointed, and even, a bit aggravated with SW and the powers that be. SW was allowed to merge with AirTran and the price for flights from ORF (Norfolk VA) soared.

AirTran was in Newport News/Williamsburg airport which is just across the river and only about 15 minutes further than the Norfolk Airport. That competition kept both airlines' prices down. We can drive slightly over an hour to the Richmond airport that has JetBlue and SW and flights will be 15-25% cheaper due to that competition. Frustrating!

When my DH was stationed in Norfolk I remember many occasions where flying into Newport News was cheaper than Norfolk airport. Haven't flown there in years though. Nowadays it hardly saves much time to fly that kind of a distance from here.... driving there takes 10-11 hours, and when you consider earlier check-in times, minimum connections, baggage claim and cab lines, flying doesn't seem worth anything less than 12 hour drives.

• 1 month later...

I booked a flight on JetBlue back in march for our cruise and the price was very reasonable...... I checked the same flight today and it is more than double what I paid ...... delta is actually lower ....... so check your prices before you book.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just an FYI for whoever still pays attention to this old thread: Southwest is scheduled to open their fares tomorrow, Feb. 18th through 11/4. According to their website, the date is still subject to change, so we shall see tomorrow.

Just an FYI for whoever still pays attention to this old thread: Southwest is scheduled to open their fares tomorrow, Feb. 18th through 11/4. According to their website, the date is still subject to change, so we shall see tomorrow.

Any idea when they open up - midnight, 6am, 8am?

Any idea when they open up - midnight, 6am, 8am?

6am is when they are supposed to. Rumor has it that southwest is gonna be delayed. (what that means I have no idea

last time they did not release until 6:40am and the time before that was after 8am

This is right on their webpage. You can always use google if you can't easily find it:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/request-schedule.html?clk=GSUBNAV-AIR-SCHEDULES

On June 2, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently. Currently we are accepting air reservations through Nov 04, 2016.

Any idea when SW will open up for Dec 2016?

"On June 2, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently. Currently we are accepting air reservations through Nov 04, 2016."

I am looking for a San Juan flight in early February next year and I find this a annoying. Most recently, they opened up their schedules for about 3 months, but next time, it looks to be only extended 2 months and not til June, which is a little more than 3 months away.

This is right on their webpage. You can always use google if you can't easily find it:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/request-schedule.html?clk=GSUBNAV-AIR-SCHEDULES

On June 2, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently. Currently we are accepting air reservations through Nov 04, 2016.

Thank you 6rugrats! I will bookmark that site. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that Jet Blue and SW have an area on their websites that tell you when they will announce their next schedule extension. If true would someone give me the location on the sites. I've looked but just can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!

I could not find that site, but I did find out that Jetblue will post their next schedule extension April 3 from a Jetblue employee from Facebook.

What time frame will it cover ? Will it cover first part of December ( 2 to 12 ?

for Southwest to find out how far out they are booking through:

https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/

My question wasn't that. It was that someone had posted that Jet Blue (and maybe SW) have an area on their websites where you can see when their NEXT scedule update will be released.
Won't that Southwest page do the job? It does say:-
We are currently accepting air reservations through November 4, 2016. On June 2, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
You can also go to this page and see this:-

My question wasn't that. It was that someone had posted that Jet Blue (and maybe SW) have an area on their websites where you can see when their NEXT scedule update will be released.

It is on the site that was posted for SW.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk