Portofino new menu questions

I see that one of the appetizers listed is crostini. Have they done away with bringing the assorted breads and dips before you order? Is the tiramisu still served with a shot of Bailey's? Can anyone comment on the new salad selction? It looks pretty lame.

Got off the Independence this morning, went to Portofino's whilst onboard.

You still get the basket of different breads, they are served with lemon garlic cloves, olive oil/balsamic mix and sundried tomato pesto.

Didn't have the crostini starter but it was recommended to us by the wait staff.

Can't comment on the salad choices I'm afraid.

Menu doesn't list the Tiramisu as coming with anything other than marinated raspberries.

I have a copy of the new menu if you want me to list the full content for you?

Enjoyed our meal but not as much as last year on the Navigator.

Went to Portofinos on Liberty last month and Tiramisu still comes with the shot. We had salads, but I don't really remember much about them. The choices are not as good as they used to be.

I was on IOS in April. They still serve the breads and dips and they were good. I don't remember a shot of Bailey's with the tiramisu? The crostini was alright but not great (but we ordered it in addition to a pp starter)

Thanks to marci22 for posting a pic of the menu, saved me typing it out!

Just to add the desserts to it...

Tiramisu alla Portofino - Luscious favorite with marinated raspberries

Torta di Ricotta - Pine nuts and almond citrus-ricotta cheese

Dolcetti alla Portofino - A sampler of sweets

Tartufo al Cioccolato - An Italiam favorite; layers of chocolate mousse and

brandied cherries

I also have the latest Chops menu too - hopefully marci22 may have a pic of that too to save my fingers :p

We went to Portofino on Freedom the end of April. I was disappointed in that the menu was nowhere near as good as it was the years before.

I always ordered the eggplant tower and loved the salad with pears and Gorgonzola. Gone! We were always able to order a small pasta ribbon dish with Gorgonzola mushroom sauce. It was now an entrée and I had asked before we made reservations if we could order it as a side and was assured we still could. When we ordered it, we were told that it was no longer a side and only a main dish. I explained I had asked a few days before, and the waiter had to get the Maitre D to allow us to have it as a side.

I don't think we will go to Portofino again unless there are changes made to the menu to make it more like it was before. I guess though, to those who haven't ever been there, it's great. I, too, miss the flourless chocolate cake on the new menu.

What about the eggplant tower appertizer??

Not in Portofino's,

On the Chops menu there is a Beef Tenderloin and Eggplant Tower -

Desc - Asian-inspired appetizer is served with fragrant cilantro-lime and garlic dressing. :)

This makes me very sad. I was also a fan of the mushroom pasta, the small portion. It was my favorite, and I was looking forward to eating it (okay, I have been dreaming about it) on our B2B. Maybe they will make an exception, because I will HAVE to order the fillet.

This is really disappointing, but I guess it kind of verifies why we are switching to Celebrity. It seems like this is just another cutback.

Can anyone tell me how long these menu changes usually take to hit the web site?

Thanks in advance,

Patty

The new Portofino menu has been out for at least 11 months now so I don't think they have a dedicated menu changes person.

The new Portofino menu has been out for at least 11 months now so I don't think they have a dedicated menu changes person.

I was on the AOS in December and dined in Portofino twice and both times we had the old menu. So if it has been out for at least 11 months it hasn't been fleet wide for that length of time.

I do not like the new menu. I notice there are now very few vegeterian options and I also enjoyed having a small portion of the mushroom pasta. If this is the same menu when we cruise next year we will likely just skip Portofino.

gingerbint, can you post a copy of the menu? thanks.

Hi: We were looking forward to trying Portofino on our upcoming Explorer 12 night cruise, 11/7/10, as we didn't 2 years ago and according to everyone who ate there, we really missed something fabulous!?

If anyone has the current menu for Portofino and is willing to post it, we'd be most appreciative. Is the cost still $20 p/p (+ optional tip)?

Thanks you very much. Also, if there is anything you wish to add with regard to the new menu, please feel free to do so. All suggestions/opinions are welcome.

So is the menu that is psoted on Royal Caribbean's website not correct?

The menu posted on the website is not the "new" menu, but as someone stated above, they were served the old menu as early as this past December, so who knows how they are instituting it. Maybe they are waiting for feedback, and if so:

The OLD menu was better than the NEW menu.

Archived