A Dry Dock "Cruise"

S.E.

RCI is offering a 14 night drydock cruise while in Sydney Australia. I wonder if Carnival ever has done this? Has anyone been on a drydock cruise or would you do it? I would imagine you would have to put up with some loud noises. :eek:

This one is offered Feb 16 - March 1:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do;jsessionid=0000TB6dsPHDHXkbUT4Oz2ec6nI:13hldcgo7?packageCode=RH14NR02&selectedCurrencyCode=USD

I just fell off my chair laughing. It is that it is on the RCCL website, otherwise I would have thought you were having me on.

And considering this "cruise": noooo thank you. It is like staying in a hotel where they are renovating I suppose. Dusty, loud, smelly.....

I've heard that RCI is squeezing every dime out of what they have,,,,but this one just about takes the prize! I personally love the "Cruises to Nowhere", but don't think I'd go for a "shipyard cruise to nowhere". Thanks, but no thanks.

"SKY"

Well, it would be a great cruise for those who get seasick?? Docked every day ... hey the motion would be the same all over the ship almost, maybe the waves in the port might move it a little bit. .... You wouldnt need to bother with a mid ship cabin.

RCI is offering a 14 night drydock cruise while in Sydney Australia. I wonder if Carnival ever has done this? Has anyone been on a drydock cruise or would you do it? I would imagine you would have to put up with some loud noises. :eek:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do;jsessionid=0000TB6dsPHDHXkbUT4Oz2ec6nI:13hldcgo7?packageCode=RH14NR02&selectedCurrencyCode=USD

Is RCI REALLY this hard up for $$$? I believe I have officially seen it all now. Completely amazed. :eek::eek::p:confused:

HAHAHAHA, now that's just funny!

Haha. This is one cruise where an interior would be the more sought after than a balcony and probably would be the more expensive cabin. :p

Could you imagine this conversation with your boss:

You: I'll be heading for my 2 week vacation shortly, so I'll need to take some time off.

Boss: Where are you headed?

You: I'm going on a cruise

Boss: Oh, sounds like a lot of fun. Where are you cruising to?

You: Well...You see...Ummm...The ship is not actually going to be moving... I will be boarding and staying on the ship at the port while it's at drydock being repaired. But..... I will still get all the amenities that a regular curise receives. Oh, and I can get off and on the ship whenever I want.

:D

Wouldn't the ship be under repair/restoration if it were in drydock? I can't imagine walking around painters, rug layers, etc. while on vacation. It must have really sold for a low, low price. Anyone go on the RCCL roll call for that date and see who/if anyone is on it, considering it is "sold out?"

Wouldn't the ship be under repair/restoration if it were in drydock? I can't imagine walking around painters, rug layers, etc. while on vacation. It must have really sold for a low, low price. Anyone go on the RCCL roll call for that date and see who/if anyone is on it, considering it is "sold out?"

I dont think its sold out, I believe they havent even priced it yet.

If someone was planning to stay in Australia and wanted a cheap place to stay that included meals, it might be doable for some people. They dont work 24/7 so if the person planned to stay off the ship during the day, the inconvenience would be minimal in the evening.

Okay I called and asked about the dry dock sailing. He seemed confused.

“That’s on our website? You know what let me take a look at it.”

“Yes" he said "It will be in dry dock in Sydney 2012, but this must be a misprint as you can’t actually board a ship while it’s at dry dock."

I asked him: "Are you sure" in a sad voice - just for effect - and he said: "yes maam." LOL

Archived