Hope Princess doesn't follow NCL Epic...

3LittleBirds

Just my humble opinion, but I truly hope that Princess doesn't build their new ships with staterooms like the NCL Epic. A friend is booked on the Epic later this year and just told me about the "Wave" staterooms. The shower and toilet are separate on opposite sides of the door, and open to the rest of the room. The sink is in a 3rd location at the end of the bed. Who came up with a design like that??? :confused:

Just my humble opinion, but I truly hope that Princess doesn't build their new ships with staterooms like the NCL Epic. A friend is booked on the Epic later this year and just told me about the "Wave" staterooms. The shower and toilet are separate on opposite sides of the door, and open to the rest of the room. The sink is in a 3rd location at the end of the bed. Who came up with a design like that??? :confused:

I believe that they were attempting to be "innovative"... but they were certainly not innovative in designing the exterior of that ship... ugliest thing afloat IMHO :p

It runs a close tie with Oasis.

I couldn't agree more :D. I really hope that ALL the new ships don't go in this type of direction. It seems a lot of the new ships are a floating circus. Will we have to cling to the older ships to get the cruise experience we have always enjoyed?

I couldn't agree more :D. I really hope that ALL the new ships don't go in this type of direction. It seems a lot of the new ships are a floating circus. Will we have to cling to the older ships to get the cruise experience we have always enjoyed?

I SURE hope they dont cuz that like some modern up tight condo lol i'm going on the dream but that a new one for carnival but people complain about them i don't know why really its been 20 years for me but heck it about time

I am from NY when I'm on a cruise I don't want to feel like I'm in Manhattan Mall. I am just a train ride away from the real Central Park and a ten minute drive to a real Board Walk.

Maybe they did so you would know it was in use. It definitely is "different" from anything else out there.

Personally I like the smaller cruise ships that still look like ships instead of floating condos turned sideways on top a big barge.

You also have to wonder how these new big box ships will handle rough weather.

Anyway we haven't taken any NCL cruises yet and this ship definitely doesn't make we want to take it.

Have a great next cruise on a ship not a floating building.

I agree, that the Epic is butt ugly. What were they thinking when they designed this boat. It looks as though they found parts that were meant for other ships and welded them together. I have never been on a NCL ship, the line does nothing for me.

I don't understand the comparisons to the Oasis, except for the size. I think the Oasis is a nice looking ship. My only fear is the crowds. We booked the Allure a couple years out and can't wait to go. You can't beat the entertainment options (the play Chicago, 3-D movie theater, ice shows, aqua theater, comedy clubs, main theater, etc). I am hoping Princess gets more in line with its new builds and makes standard balcony cabins big enough to have sofas in them, put in interactive TVs, and and some kind of larger theater.

If you ever wanted a situation that could cause Norovirus to spread really fast, just put the sink far away from the toilet in everyone's stateroom. By the time you get to the sink, you've contaminated your stateroom so your room mate will get it for sure. Great idea.:eek:

If you ever wanted a situation that could cause Norovirus to spread really fast, just put the sink far away from the toilet in everyone's stateroom. By the time you get to the sink, you've contaminated your stateroom so your room mate will get it for sure. Great idea.:eek:

OMG - I never thought of that! It will be interesting to see how the stats are for this ship a year from now compared to other ships.

Okay, I'm really wondering why the toilet area seems to have GLASS doors...do people like to be seen by their spouses/friends/children when going potty??? YIKES!

or worse yet, what if you not with family in your cabin :eek:

our first reaction when we saw Oasis in November was that it looked like condos at sea. I wouldn't ever sail on NCL again, so the Epic won't affect me. But I hope it's not a trend that other cruise lines will follow. It should fade away like all the other NCL innovations.

I don't care how big a ship is. I also don't care about the curvy walls. I DO care about glass doors and an "open floor plan" in my bathroom. I could NOT go on a ship like that unless I was traveling by myself. There are some activities that should remain private. And my first thought after the horror of glass doors on the toilet area was how could they move the sink into the room, away from the other facilities. To quote Hyacinth Bucket, "I'm not comfortable with this level of intimacy!"

I have no idea what they could have been thinking. NCL's split-bathroom design is something I wish Princess would adopt. They are SO functional. But this design...I just don't care for it at all. I'm not a fan of the trend of having the bath fixtures basically IN the room/cabin. Not into the sink in the room, not into the jacuzzi tub in the room, and not into a glass-walled (however opaque) shower and toilet stall in the room. I like to keep just a tiny bit of mystery about a few things in my life.

Archived