How much time to disembark in Miami?

Tybro

You'll most likely be AT the airport before 9am. We always book flights home between 10:45--11:30am....no problems.

Just make sure you tell the ship that you do have an early flight....they'll put you in one of the first groups off the ship....there's no need to carry-off your own bags, either!

I have done it many times and you should no problem at all making an 11:00 am flight. Of course, it is dependent on how many immigration problems are encountered on arrival (that is usually what all the loudspeaker announcements are about). But even then, I don't think you will have any problem. Don't spend your cruise worrying about it, and HAVE FUN!!!!!

Just worried about customs and then security lines at the airport. We'd have to be at airport by 10am, which means off ship by 9:30. Does transatlantic pull in very early?

Recently on Century they pulled in 2:30 AM which is ultra early. Boats usually pull in starting 4:30AM. They want you off by 9AM. Just be sure to self disembark-carry your own bags off and get one of the many taxis waiting.

Hi

Not sure if you are from US or UK; In Miami in May it took us two and a half hours of waiting in line in a hot shed to clear customs. The whole ship (Sea Princess) had to get off before 10.30am so there was a mad crush by 9; You need to ask for early doors exiting - on Princess if you carry your own luggage you could get off at 7.30.

FYI; San Francisco was even worse!!

Best

• 3 months later...
We are going on Celebrity transatlantic which ends in Miami. How long will it take to get off ship? Will I be able to make an 11am flight in Miami?

It really depends upon how long the lines are and how fast you can clear customs and get out of the port. I have only disembarked at POM once and it was chaotic, so other experienced cruisers will be able to throw more light on this. Once outside, there were tons of cabs and shuttles available for Miami airport.

Archived