Paris tour july 4th 2010 From Crown Princess

ve3ell

The tour from Le Havre to Paris including the river cruise was great.The only let down was the bus had no air conditioning.A crew passenger got sick on the way back which was not great.About 8 people got off to go on another bus.The temperature was 35C on the bus and it had no windows you could open.I may write Princess about the problems with the bus in hope that no one else goes through this problem especially seniors.Other than that the UK cruise which left Southampton on June 23 2010 was great.We stayed on the Aloha deck room 234 which was quiet and very easy to get to the Lido for breakfast.You dont feel much movement at the front of the ship.There was some vibration at the rear of the ship from the motor at times in the lido restaurants.The weather was great all but one port.The crew was very friendly.

Glad you enjoyed the river cruise! :)

What a bummer about the bus having no air conditioning. That would've been a deal-breaker for DH and me. :mad: I do hope you write Princess so that others never have to go through what you did on that long drive.

Welcome home.

Please let Princess know about your experience. With that kind of heat, it is lucky there were no serious incidents on the bus. Hopefully they will find a more reliable vendor, with better vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

sunshine nana,

Several CC members on the June 23 sailing of this cruise did private tours in nearly all the ports. A couple of ladies (Nancy and Sandy, I believe) were in charge of arranging many of the private tours. I'm sure they'd be glad to give you more information. Just go to the Princess Roll Calls for the Crown Princess, and find the June 23, British Isles thread. We're still posting on there about our experiences, and I know everyone will welcome your inquiries. It was a terrific group of CC'ers.

Shae

• 1 month later...

I have in the past complained to Princess Cruise Lines about a problem on one of the ships and all they did was give us a $75. future cruise credit which was given to all the passengers on the same cruise that had motor problems on the Caribbean Princess while it had just came out of dry dock.Other than the problem with the lack of air conditioning on the Paris tour bus,we had no other problems.Our next cruise will be on a Royal Caribbean ship.We have sailed on 8 Carnival ships and now 2 Princess ships with very little problems other than what I have put in posts here.

We were on the "other" bus that took on the passengers that the OP spoke of. The passengers that joined us did not mention anything at all about not having air conditioning on the bus they just left but did mention that a young lady had got sick, but the young lady (a cruise ship crew member) had been drinking all day, both the wine from lunch and she also had a bottle in her backpack she brought from the ship. The passengers stating this were sitting next to her, from what they said.

The excursion to Paris on July 4th was wonderful and the Seine River lunch was outstanding!

OP, you actually should have gone and voiced your complaint after returning to the ship about the lack of AC on the bus. After the fact you can still write to Princess, but sometimes without immediate feed back, it is a bit difficult for them to verify. Sorry to hear of the ill crew member, that's not good at all for them or others on the bus.

Always attempt to do something about this at the time it occurs, waiting and attempting to take care of it a month after you return home sometimes doesn't bring the same results. Good luck though!

The tour from Le Havre to Paris including the river cruise was great.The only let down was the bus had no air conditioning.A crew passenger got sick on the way back which was not great.About 8 people got off to go on another bus.The temperature was 35C on the bus and it had no windows you could open.I may write Princess about the problems with the bus in hope that no one else goes through this problem especially seniors.Other than that the UK cruise which left Southampton on June 23 2010 was great.We stayed on the Aloha deck room 234 which was quiet and very easy to get to the Lido for breakfast.You dont feel much movement at the front of the ship.There was some vibration at the rear of the ship from the motor at times in the lido restaurants.The weather was great all but one port.The crew was very friendly.

was it a non-air conditioned bus or was the A/C broken? sounds bad either way--esp in the summer!

Does anyone know if the Princess excursion bus to Normandy generally has A/C..we are planning to book that for next July but A/C is a definite requirement --esp. for such a long trip..!!!

Yes. The tour to the Normandy beaches are air-conditioned. I thought this was a great cruise.

I agree with Toto 100%; the time to say something is immediately after returning to the ship. You'll remember your bus # and Guide. We were on a Princess tour to Marrakech from Casablanca several years ago. We left early in the morning while it was still cool but discovered quickly that the A/C on the bus wasn't working. Almost four hours each way in a hellishly hot bus. It was definitely a dangerous situation. To add insult to injury, we were stopped on the outskirts of Casablanca as we were returning by the police and delayed another 45 minutes. We were the last to arrive at the ship, after it was due to sail. We were met at the pier by the CD and head of Shore Excursions. We went to the Shore Excursion Desk and reported our experience and that we were on "that" bus. We received a 40% refund of our tour cost.

On the last cruise, we were on a Princess excursion in Nicaragua that was awful. I didn't take us to see what it was supposed to and some of the places were closed. We went immediately to the shore excursion desk after getting back on the ship and they gave us a 25% refund on our shipboard account. Always report the problem to the excursion desk right away - don't wait til after the cruise.

Yes. The tour to the Normandy beaches are air-conditioned. I thought this was a great cruise. ........

QUOTE]

Thanks for the info--did you take the Princess Normandy tour--? if so could you comment on the tour, lunch , guide & vehilcle.. Thanks

we usually prefer the ship's excursions but have been told to try a private one in Normandy which would require finding 6 others on our CC bd to join us for the 800 E van tour by Overlord

Archived