the gift of memories...give an excursion

my son got married last week and is currently on the serenade honeymooning:)

when i had to buy a shower gift it came to me easily.....i arranged/paid for 2 excursions.

my choice in st. martin was a no brainer....CAPT. ALAN'S 3 ISLAND SNORKEL. we had taken this excursion a few years ago as a full day private tour (there were 8 of us) and it was one of the best days of my life. for greg and jess....i got them a 1/2 day

in st. lucia (after doing A LOT OF RESEARCH) i got them an all day private tour with SPENCER AMBROSE HIMSELF. since it was private and i was dealing with him directly we put together an itinerary that was very personal.

they come home next week and i cannot wait for the full report.

at jess's shower i wrote in her card......CASH GETS SPENT....THINGS GET BROKEN......BUT MEMORIES LAST FOREVER.

i wanted to share this idea with you:)

That's a great idea! I wish someone had given us that for our honeymoon. :)

I think giving OBC is good too, so they can choose the excursion themselves. You could always say "this is for you to use on an excursion". We did that for our parents one cruise for them to use at a specialty restaurant.

When we booked Alaska & realized that my husband would have a birthday while we were there, I decided that an excursion would be his gift from me. He chose the Misty Fjords flightseeing (excellent choice!) and I don't think he will forget it any time soon! However, Mother Nature beat me for number one experience. The morning of his birthday we were in Talkeetna & had not seen Mt McKinely, and were sitting in the hotel in the comfy chairs by the wall of windows and suddenly the clouds cleared for a few minutes & there was the peak! Happy Birthday!

In my family, gifts are often concert tickets, helicopter rides, parasailing-you get the idea! Maybe we're nuts, but we sure have fun!

Why not chose an excursion for the honeymooning couple? What better way than from an experienced someone, that has been to the islands already, and knows what would be most enjoyable! Isn't that why we all come to the CC board? We come to get advice on everything from the ship, to excursions. ;)

When my daughter and SIL were planning their honeymoon last fall, they didn't know anything about where to go. I put them onto Tripadvisor, where they were able to narrow down a few resorts, and then we all decided which would be best. I also recommended that they go off the resort, and take a canopy tour of the jungle. They said that the excursion was the highlight of their honeymoon.

Way to go, mom! May I ask what they are seeing in St. Lucia?

How do you give someone OBC?

I really like that idea. I would personally not want someone to pick my excursion for me, as I'm really picky, and would probably want to use the OBC on something else. My brother and SIL are going on a cruise and I think they would appreciate the OBC.

to each their own:)

i chose to excursions because i knew what they like to do and at least the CAPT. ALAN excursion i had personally done and it was fabulous. anyone would like it.

i did a lot of research for the SPENCER AMBROSE st. lucia piece and because he and i worked together on the itinerary.....

anyway....they went to ANSE CHASTENET which is an all inclusive resort......went swimming in the tourille(sp) waterfall.....went to JALOUISE BEACH ..........took the water taxi and had lunch somewhere on the island....i knew they could do w/o the drive through volcano and the sulphur springs so i took it out.

as for OBC....my nieces gave them that as a wedding gift. i think that that can be done over the phone with a RC agent. you just need the names of the people and the sailing info.

Nice idea, but if my MIL picked excursions for me, I might not be that thrilled. We've been married 29 years this month and my MIL's idea of a good gift is something SHE would like. DH used to have that problem too, but not anymore :D. I personally would prefer OBC to spend like I wanted. A lot of people "think" they know what others want, but aren't necessarily correct.

I have actually "registered" for excursions for my honeymoon cruise. There are various websites available, most charge for the priviledge.

I found one that is free. It works just like any other wedding registry, and I think it is a great alternative for couples that already live together, have a home established, etc.

Archived