Vantage River Cruising Roll Call- any destinations

robthens

Our Eastern Europe & The Black Sea tour documents came on Saturday. We are leaving in 24 days. Checked the paperwork and found that they had not listed our cabin number. Called Vantage about 6 weeks ago re: Cabin number. Was told then that since this was our 4 trip with Vantage we were subject to cabin upgrade. The trip is sold out. We always book the bottom of the boat - only there to sleep and rather but the extra money toward gifts/wine.

So I called today and found out that we are in cabin 210 - that's the original booking level that I had paid for. No problem. We signed up last August and booked the pre tour to Transylvania at the same time. Asked the Vantage person how many will be on the pre tour. His response was 38 persons. That is why many are on a wait list. One bus load only.

I asked if there is a seperate tour guide for the pre tour and was told that the pre tour guide will go on the ship as one of the regular guides. I'm sure that's subject to change.

Plan to give a report on this site when we return. Willard

I have talked to George at Vantage. He says they only need additional hotel rooms to confirm that Extension. Every Friday they get an update from the hotels and he promised to call me Friday with that info. If I don't hear from him, will call back Monday.

They already have our flight back for Oct 16th and have charged our account for the one day tour to Sighisoara.

Thanks for everyone's help

Don & Patty

Yes, the 3 seats are awful. My DH likes the aisle and just on a flight 7/12 the man next to me blew his nose a lot and guess what 2 days later I had a cold and a few days later my DH also. Returning home last week I went to the Dr. and now taking med. and husband over the counter. I went prepared and P.D. went with several of us to the drug store. Many on the ship had cough and cold. Friends say they use the mask when they hear coughing and blowing. Maybe it could help. Never been so sick so long.

GCT uses the head phones and they really are the best thing they have come up with.

Eleanor

Anyone done the 'Spy' Tour in Vienna? It is extra on our Castle tour but I'm thinking I want to just explore the city. Any suggestions?

We did it in June and loved it plus got to see some additional sights in Vienna while doing it. Everyone in our group spoke highly of it.

We're doing the reverse of you leaving Bucharest the day you get off! We have scheduled the pre and post trips.

This is our first river cruise. Our traveling companion couple had to cancel due to health reasons so we're going it alone but are a bit hesitant. They are the adventurers; we go along for the ride! Guess we'll up our travel skills this time!

Have a great trip.

Finally, somebody wants to talk about Vantage. I'm taking my first Vantage trip Nov.2, Danube Odyssey from Nuremberg to Budapest. I've been on 6 GCT river cruises and loved them all. Just couldn't pass up this good deal on Vantage and anxious to try out a new company. Trouble is I can't find much information on Cruise Critic about Vantage. Hopefully more people will respond on this thread.;)

Hi

I'm not sure what you want to know about Vantage, but I will try to answer your questions. If you want pictures, my Amsterdam to Budapest pics are at Walmart, and I an send you a link. Email keatingfamily@roadrunner.com

Tom

Anyone else going on this 12/19 Vantage sailing out of Budapest?

John & Meredith

We'll be finishing our trip on the 19th. Really wish one of the posters was on the same sailing. We have met so many wonderful people on Vantage trips.

Hi

I'm not sure what you want to know about Vantage, but I will try to answer your questions. If you want pictures, my Amsterdam to Budapest pics are at Walmart, and I an send you a link. Email keatingfamily@roadrunner.com

Tom

Hi Tom, I just sent you an email for a photo link but thought if you had any pointers, you could post them here. A lot of us are on that same river cruise (although not on the same day;))!

Hi Tom, I just sent you an email for a photo link but thought if you had any pointers, you could post them here. A lot of us are on that same river cruise (although not on the same day;))!

I found the Vantage answer book very informative. Vantage provides a Rhine/Danube river map. You can also get a map of Germany from Germany's tourist website. For a few pictures with captions, see

http://www.vermontbridges.com/keatings%20river%20cruise.htm

Tom:)

Looks like this is what has been posted:

Eastern Europe & Black Sea NPPHOTOG 8-30-2010

VELOCITYGUY 10-1-2010

JOYBUG 10 1-2010

Canadian Maritimes RAYANDJEAN 10-2010

Danube Odyssey CARHUT 11-2-2010

Castles Along the Rhine & Danube LINDYPC 11-10-2010

Christmas Markits Along the Danube ROBTHENS 12-9-2010

Christmas & New Years on Rhine & Danube JAYRAY 12-19-2010

Windmills of Holland & Belgium RAYANDJEAN 4-2011

French Waterways RAYANDJEAN 9-2011

NELLY2 (not sure which trip you are on and date)

Thanks for posting our roll call robthens! Makes me excited! And Tom, I'm enjoying your photos, viewing slowly so I can savor every city.

I wish someone else would join who will be on our sailing:D

Everyone, have a great weekend!

DH & I enjoy eating the "specialty" of the town/area we visit.

Many of the poster will be visiting the same cities. I would like to hear about some "must" eat treats!

The chocolate Sacher torte in a must eat in Vienne. The cake orginated at the Sacher Hotel. The Hotel has a tea room where one can a cup of tea & a piece of Sacher Torte...........but around the corner they a bakery. We opted for the bakery and sat in the part & enjoyed every bite.

We are down to 7 days until we fly the bird over the big pond - Vantage's Eastern Europe and the Black Sea. Not packed yet but piles of stuff all over the 2nd bedroom. Will have a report when I get my head together upon return. Stopping in Transylvania first to visit with my old relative, The Count. Willard

We are seriously considering the Grand European river cruise for next year. Can anyone tell me about laundry? Does the ship have a laundry and what do they charge? If not, how do we get laundry done (beside washing out things every night in the sink)?

Thanks for any info.

Tallahassee Lassie

We are seriously considering the Grand European river cruise for next year. Can anyone tell me about laundry? Does the ship have a laundry and what do they charge? If not, how do we get laundry done (beside washing out things every night in the sink)?

Thanks for any info.

Tallahassee Lassie

We have taken 2 cruises on the River Navigator. They don't have self serve laundry. Fee laundry service is available.

Tom:)

We are down to 7 days until we fly the bird over the big pond - Vantage's Eastern Europe and the Black Sea. Not packed yet but piles of stuff all over the 2nd bedroom. Will have a report when I get my head together upon return. Stopping in Transylvania first to visit with my old relative, The Count. Willard

Wishing you and Carol a wonderful trip. Will enjoy hearing about it when you get back. Take lot's of pictures.:o

Archived