*~~~LIVE from Oasis 7/17/2010~~~*

Sooo I would like repeat what everyone else is saying and say Thank You for these posts. I am also an overpacker, but my problem is shoes, my first cruise I packed an entire suitcase of just shoes (yes, I learned my lesson). My upcoming cruise will be my first on RCCL and I'm guessing from what everyone is saying I'm going to be spoiled by this ship and this line. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts, esp anything about food (I'm a foodaholic). I am in love with cupcakes and super-excited about the cupcake cupboard, also already told my bf that we need to get to the pier as early as possible to do some walking of the ship before it gets too crowded and also that I NEED to get a roast beef sandwich according to my CC friends. LOL. By the way, I only learned about CC earlier in the year from a friend and am soooooooo glad I did. I have learned such great things on this site; met other cruise-fanatics, other over-packers, other over-eaters, other over-spenders...all in all a great site! I am also looking forward to Hairspray, it is my favorite movie-know every line and song by heart...was supposed to see it on Broadway a few years ago but that was when the actors went on strike, so it never happened. I'm rambling now...but I feel like I'm driving the people at work and home crazy obssessing over the upcoming cruise and everything I read on here!!! So I will take some solice in knowing you all understand.....

We also have Chops booked for the first formal night at 830, can I be quick during dinner to make it to the show for 1030? and are we missing something by going there for formal night?

Did they offer cupcake decorating classes on your sailing? If so, did they have an adult class? Sorry if I missed it but I just read your entire thread in an hour while at work. Did you take the class?

I know this is going to sound superfrugal but were there any days that they had promotions on the specialty restaurants or drinks? B1G1 or happy hour? My first trip on NCL had 4-6 B1G1 sp rest.

I would love to see the pics you posted but since I am at work they block EVERYTHING!! maybe at home I'll get the chance to look.

I think those are all my questions for now...may have more later. Thanks! :p:D

I feel and love your excitement! You mirror me!! Thank you, thank you.

I ALWAYS had a suitcase just for shoes, but because of my knee surgery, and it still not being properly healed yet, I only brought flats. I did not need a whole suitcase for them, but I had A LOT!!

As I mentioned before, I LOVED Hairspray! LOVED LOVED LOVED!!!! This will replace what you missed on Broadway.

You will have no problem getting to the show in time from Chops, in the beautiful Central Park.

And yes, you will be spoiled by RCL and the Oasis.

Yes, the cupcake classes were offered on my sailing (I believe all Oasis sailings) and I didn't participate, but I watched a few and everyone looked like they were having fun!!

I don't drink alcohol so all my Mango Tangos and Pina Colandas were virgin. I don't know about the specials, sorry.

I hope you get to see the pictures.

I will happily answer any questions you have!

• 1 month later...

Wow, Can't sleep tonight (persistent problem because I am not being rocked to sleep on the Oasis!). I realized that I never read through your LIVE Review, because I was there. So, I read every page. Sure made me smile. That was the most awesome cruise ever and your day by day reporting just made me remember it all so vividly. I can't believe how much work you put into all the posting--awesome reports and SO accurate! It was all a blast --bad weather, pool incident (still no video of that, I think I am safe!!) and all! You and Harvey are genuine, fun people and I really look forward to meeting up with you in a few weeks!!

Wow, Can't sleep tonight (persistent problem because I am not being rocked to sleep on the Oasis!). I realized that I never read through your LIVE Review, because I was there. So, I read every page. Sure made me smile. That was the most awesome cruise ever and your day by day reporting just made me remember it all so vividly. I can't believe how much work you put into all the posting--awesome reports and SO accurate! It was all a blast --bad weather, pool incident (still no video of that, I think I am safe!!) and all! You and Harvey are genuine, fun people and I really look forward to meeting up with you in a few weeks!!

Hey Cindy!!

What a surprise to log on and see my thread suddenly re-appear! I didn't expect anyone who was on our cruise to read it anyway, as they lived it too, but so glad you were able to use it to bring back memories of that awesome week! In fact I have not read the thread through in its entirety and know some day soon I too will go back and be magically on that amazing cruise re-living every single moment! Did you look at the picture thread too?

It will be great to meet up in a few weeks...how perfect that Harv has a business trip there and I can tag alone!

I am soooo jealous of those who are on the Oasis now, or will be on her soon. What a wonderful cruise we had on her! Well, our time will come again...even if it is 14 months away!!!! And how lucky we were to be able to already been on her!!

Archived