*~~~LIVE from Oasis 7/17/2010~~~*

Hi Denice - Thank you sooooo much for your great review - makes us anticipate our upcoming B2B on her even more!:) Great pics too - very nice!!

Couple of questions for you - I remember reading that you had 6 suitcases (yippee! I finally hear of someone else like me!) with you - wondering WHERE you put them as apparently there have been reports of people having trouble fitting their luggage under the bed. We will have four fairly large suitcases.:eek: (Oh, we will be in a D1 balcony and I think that is what you were in, right?)

You mentioned that you don't eat seafood - neither do I as I am allergic. Assuming that you eat beef, chicken, lamb and pork (or one of them anyways) how was the meat on the ship? Sometimes the meat is pretty good and on other sailings, it is not very good - so can you tell me how you found it on the Oasis? I know you loved the cold soups but you didn't mention too much else about the MDR food.:)

Thanks again & I am sad that your review is over.

Canuck

Hi Denice - Thank you sooooo much for your great review - makes us anticipate our upcoming B2B on her even more!:) Great pics too - very nice!!

Couple of questions for you - I remember reading that you had 6 suitcases (yippee! I finally hear of someone else like me!) with you - wondering WHERE you put them as apparently there have been reports of people having trouble fitting their luggage under the bed. We will have four fairly large suitcases.:eek: (Oh, we will be in a D1 balcony and I think that is what you were in, right?)

You mentioned that you don't eat seafood - neither do I as I am allergic. Assuming that you eat beef, chicken, lamb and pork (or one of them anyways) how was the meat on the ship? Sometimes the meat is pretty good and on other sailings, it is not very good - so can you tell me how you found it on the Oasis? I know you loved the cold soups but you didn't mention too much else about the MDR food.:)

Thanks again & I am sad that your review is over.

Canuck

Yes, we were in a D1, and all 6 pieces fit under the bed. If you go to my picture thread, you will see a picture of all the luggage (have always overpacked and always will. It makes me happy!!;))

Ok, here is where things get sticky, though I was hoping no one noticed...or at least wouldn't mention it. You know I said nothing negative about the cruise, even the torrential rains, though I did sneak in a comment that a few things may not have been perfect. I tried to gloss over one part of the cruise, but you noticed. And you asked, so I will address it, though I will probably gloss over it on my review (I will post that sometime Tuesday when I find the time to write it!). No, I did not mention the MDR food (good catch!), though I did LOVE and mention the soups. I did not mention the MDR food because it was the one thing I could not jump for joy about and be 100% enthused about. The food was "ok". And that is as negative as I will get about it. My perfect cruise was unaffected by ok food. Let's chock it up to I only eat steak and chicken, and they don't prepare it how I personally like it. I'd rather take the hit as a personal thing. It isn't stopping me from cruising on her again, nor eating in the MDR again.:D:D

Denice - So glad to hear that you fit 6 suitcases under the bed! Were they Barbie suitcases by any chance?:D Wow - how did you do THAT? lol My DH who is left to stuff all the suitcases under the bed (much to his chagrin) wants to know your technique! :)

Thanks so much for answering honestly about the food. I completely understand as having food allergies and not being able to eat different things - well, let's just say that eating beef all the time is a bit much and when it is not good....well - but like I said - we did a B2B on the Mariner and the food was quite wonderful - we also did a B2B on the Freedom and the food was quite terrible. It can vary from sailing to sailing on the same ship even. We have a bunch of speciality restaurants booked just to change it up, so we will be fine.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer everyone's questions!!

Canuck

This cruise was great!!!!! It's great big ship!!! Starboard side is the side to be. Got to see every port with great views. FYI, first thing to do is to get an onboard iPhone. For $20, you can communicate with family members and friends onboard instead of wake-talkie. Wish I know about it before hand. This ship is BIG! And not like other class of ship, it's hard to bump into each other by chance. Same advice.. Book all shows in advance!!! Btw, stay away from windjammer, it's very borderline poor. Instead, Park Cafe, solarium bistro for breakfast and lunches... corn dogs at boardwalk is great! Donuts are too heavy. Ice cream is avg. Sorento is good..make your own pizza ia a must!!!! Giovanni for lunch is great priced. Dinner is not worth th $25. Chop is good but not spectacular. Sushi at Izumi is price just right!! Not too pricey... Well that's about it. Don't wanted to steal this thread. It's a big ship with lots of stuff to do!!! Enjoy!!!!

Denice - So glad to hear that you fit 6 suitcases under the bed! Were they Barbie suitcases by any chance?:D Wow - how did you do THAT? lol My DH who is left to stuff all the suitcases under the bed (much to his chagrin) wants to know your technique! :)

Thanks so much for answering honestly about the food. I completely understand as having food allergies and not being able to eat different things - well, let's just say that eating beef all the time is a bit much and when it is not good....well - but like I said - we did a B2B on the Mariner and the food was quite wonderful - we also did a B2B on the Freedom and the food was quite terrible. It can vary from sailing to sailing on the same ship even. We have a bunch of speciality restaurants booked just to change it up, so we will be fine.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer everyone's questions!!

Canuck

my pleasure

PTWCruiser - thanks for the tips! We have Giovanni's booked as well as 150 Central Park and Chop's. Chops is usually very good on most ships although Portofino's beef tenderloin is almost always way better than Chop's filet mignon IMHO....why didn't you like Chops on the Oasis, if you don't mind me asking?

Canuck

Ok once and for all, is it Denise or Denice? I have seen it both ways.

Either way, girl, I can't believe you feel like you're copping out after taking us on your 8 day journey on Oasis. I loved it all. My husband and I just sat and went through your photo thread and we wish we could go back now!

Thank you so much for all you shared. Now, get some rest. You have about 17 months to rest before your next time on Oasis (my birthday, btw - I'm thinking about it a little...)

Ok once and for all, is it Denise or Denice? I have seen it both ways.

Either way, girl, I can't believe you feel like you're copping out after taking us on your 8 day journey on Oasis. I loved it all. My husband and I just sat and went through your photo thread and we wish we could go back now!

Thank you so much for all you shared. Now, get some rest. You have about 17 months to rest before your next time on Oasis (my birthday, btw - I'm thinking about it a little...)

It is Denice, but I didn't want to be rude and correct everyone who spelled it Denise, when they were being so warm and friendly in using my first name. But thank you for letting me correct it now.

I just thought people were waiting for this long detailed-by-section review, and I decided after thinking about it all day (and only on 3 hours worth of sleep) that it would not be as real as what I thought I already had done.

rest?! lol Shouldn't I be sleeping by now?!

My mind is still on that ship......

PTWCruiser - thanks for the tips! We have Giovanni's booked as well as 150 Central Park and Chop's. Chops is usually very good on most ships although Portofino's beef tenderloin is almost always way better than Chop's filet mignon IMHO....why didn't you like Chops on the Oasis, if you don't mind me asking?

Canuck

I loved Chops! Always have.

Ok, here is where things get sticky, though I was hoping no one noticed...or at least wouldn't mention it. You know I said nothing negative about the cruise, even the torrential rains, though I did sneak in a comment that a few things may not have been perfect. I tried to gloss over one part of the cruise, but you noticed. And you asked, so I will address it, though I will probably gloss over it on my review (I will post that sometime Tuesday when I find the time to write it!). No, I did not mention the MDR food (good catch!), though I did LOVE and mention the soups. I did not mention the MDR food because it was the one thing I could not jump for joy about and be 100% enthused about. The food was "ok". And that is as negative as I will get about it. My perfect cruise was unaffected by ok food. Let's chock it up to I only eat steak and chicken, and they don't prepare it how I personally like it. I'd rather take the hit as a personal thing. It isn't stopping me from cruising on her again, nor eating in the MDR again.:D:D

I have been reading your live posts (now not live, but live at the time lol) and really enjoyed your enthusiasm for everything. We were on the July 3rd cruise and I have to agree with you about the food. Since everything else was so awesome, and since I always found an appetizer or soup (or both) that I liked, to me, the food at dinner was really unimportant. Some people differ on this, but for me, as apparently you, this was not a big deal. It is important to be honest about it, though, so I appreciated your tackling that question.

I do have one question for you, what was the Summer Breeze show? We did not have that on our July 3rd cruise. We did have the Splish Splash comedy show which was awesome, but what did I miss with Summer Breeze?

Also, count me as one who was looking forward to the stargazing night, but it did not occur. I think our weather was fine the last two nights at sea. I had heard they didn't do that for several weeks. Anyone know about this?

Thanks so much for putting so much time and energy into your live post. It was fun to re-live the experience again!

I have been reading your live posts (now not live, but live at the time lol) and really enjoyed your enthusiasm for everything. We were on the July 3rd cruise and I have to agree with you about the food. Since everything else was so awesome, and since I always found an appetizer or soup (or both) that I liked, to me, the food at dinner was really unimportant. Some people differ on this, but for me, as apparently you, this was not a big deal. It is important to be honest about it, though, so I appreciated your tackling that question.

I do have one question for you, what was the Summer Breeze show? We did not have that on our July 3rd cruise. We did have the Splish Splash comedy show which was awesome, but what did I miss with Summer Breeze?

Also, count me as one who was looking forward to the stargazing night, but it did not occur. I think our weather was fine the last two nights at sea. I had heard they didn't do that for several weeks. Anyone know about this?

Thanks so much for putting so much time and energy into your live post. It was fun to re-live the experience again!

Thank you for the kind words.

The Summer Breeze show was with some of the Hairspray cast, and was just some great rock tunes that they sang with the band behind them. They were great and we were all rocking along with them. But about 15 minutes before it should have ended, the rains started and they had to stop. So none of us actually go to see the whole show.

Denise, good for you, not even bad weather dampens your spirit. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review! I am on the Allure next July and I hope it is half of what the Oasis is.

You go girl!!;) madmarti

Denise, good for you, not even bad weather dampens your spirit. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review! I am on the Allure next July and I hope it is half of what the Oasis is.

You go girl!!;) madmarti

Thank you.

Nothing should get one down on a cruise...especially a ship like the Oasis (or Allure). Next July your Allure cruise will everything mine was and more...because it will be YOUR cruise!!:D

Yes, we were in a D1, and all 6 pieces fit under the bed. If you go to my picture thread, you will see a picture of all the luggage (have always overpacked and always will. It makes me happy!!;))

I love your outlook on the food - you were honest without being negative. I've been on cruises that I've had the same opinion on the food - it was "ok". At the same time - there is no place in this world I'd rather be than on a ship, so "ok" food is OK by me! Thanks again for the review - getting ready to go look at the pictures now :)

I love your outlook on the food - you were honest without being negative. I've been on cruises that I've had the same opinion on the food - it was "ok". At the same time - there is no place in this world I'd rather be than on a ship, so "ok" food is OK by me! Thanks again for the review - getting ready to go look at the pictures now :)

Glad you feel the same way about the food and how it doesn't affect the cruise! The cold and hot soups still remain, to me, awesome!! Enjoy the pictures!

It is Denice, but I didn't want to be rude and correct everyone who spelled it Denise, when they were being so warm and friendly in using my first name. But thank you for letting me correct it now.

I just thought people were waiting for this long detailed-by-section review, and I decided after thinking about it all day (and only on 3 hours worth of sleep) that it would not be as real as what I thought I already had done.

rest?! lol Shouldn't I be sleeping by now?!

My mind is still on that ship......

Hi Denice,

I loved living on the Oasis with you guys this week. It is my dream one day to be able to sail her. But because of work schedule that is just not possible right now, But I felt like I was right there with you threw your cruise. I am very happy that you get to go back on her in Dec.2011 I hope you will also do your live feed then as well. Enjoyed the pictures as well. My husband and I are going on The Radiance of the Seas in Dec of this year and on the New Disney Dream in Dec. 2011, so I have that to look forward to as well. And Yes your mind is still on Ship time.. LOL. Have a great day. Again Thank you so much.:)

Hi Denice,

I loved living on the Oasis with you guys this week. It is my dream one day to be able to sail her. But because of work schedule that is just not possible right now, But I felt like I was right there with you threw your cruise. I am very happy that you get to go back on her in Dec.2011 I hope you will also do your live feed then as well. Enjoyed the pictures as well. My husband and I are going on The Radiance of the Seas in Dec of this year and on the New Disney Dream in Dec. 2011, so I have that to look forward to as well. And Yes your mind is still on Ship time.. LOL. Have a great day. Again Thank you so much.:)

Well have a great time on your cruises and thank you!!

That's exactly how i felt! I'd rather spend a week on an awesome ship like the Oasis with "ok" food than a week at a boring resort eating gourmet food. I can get fancy food by going out to dinner at a nice restaurant on land. I'm on the cruise for all the activities, amenities, and the "just getting away from it all" that you get on a cruise.

Hello Denise,

I was just reading some of your reviews of the cruise! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip. I will be sailing the Oasis in late Sept. I see it is the same itinerary as yours was. Do you recall the formal nights?? We need to plan a birthday dinner around them and I can't seem find out when they are. Thanks in advance for your help.

No stargazing on our June 19-26 cruise. I was sad :(

Hello Denise,

I was just reading some of your reviews of the cruise! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip. I will be sailing the Oasis in late Sept. I see it is the same itinerary as yours was. Do you recall the formal nights?? We need to plan a birthday dinner around them and I can't seem find out when they are. Thanks in advance for your help.

Formal nights are Sunday and Thursday night. Glad to help!!

DeniCe w/ an ICE you ROCK!!!

Thanks for the live review, thx 4 making me LOL at work every day last week, thx 4 making me want to change my LOS cruise to the Oasis in October 2010, thx 4 being you, thx 4 the warm fuzzies when you shared your moments on the cruise, thx for the pics on the other thread. Thank goodness my supervisor is out today so I could take my time and read this thread and look at the pics in the other thread. LOL!!

OK but we need to talk about all that luggage. LOL!!! That pic was funny. Less is more Denice w/an ICE. Your poor husband. LOL!! Hello my name is Denice w/ an ICE and I overpack. LOL!! Love it!!! I have a shoe fetish as well. And now I seem to collect flip flops - all brands, all styles and it's my twisted way of convincing myself that they're cheaper and easier to pack than shoes so I can pack more and purchase more.

Thanks again. LOVED IT!!!1

DeniCe w/ an ICE you ROCK!!!

Thanks for the live review, thx 4 making me LOL at work every day last week, thx 4 making me want to change my LOS cruise to the Oasis in October 2010, thx 4 being you, thx 4 the warm fuzzies when you shared your moments on the cruise, thx for the pics on the other thread. Thank goodness my supervisor is out today so I could take my time and read this thread and look at the pics in the other thread. LOL!!

OK but we need to talk about all that luggage. LOL!!! That pic was funny. Less is more Denice w/an ICE. Your poor husband. LOL!! Hello my name is Denice w/ an ICE and I overpack. LOL!! Love it!!! I have a shoe fetish as well. And now I seem to collect flip flops - all brands, all styles and it's my twisted way of convincing myself that they're cheaper and easier to pack than shoes so I can pack more and purchase more.

Thanks again. LOVED IT!!!1

Wow!! That was a lovely post! Thank you so much!!

I know I have a luggage problem. I have been to overpacking AA meetings, but I end up packing a bag with water and snacks and a book and magazines and bandaids and a fan and gum and my cell phone etc...and end up getting kicked out!! So I have excepted the fact that this is who I am. My name is indeed Denice, with a C, and I am an overpacker.

Archived