*~~~LIVE from Oasis 7/17/2010~~~*

Ok, so I am not exactly LIVE from the Oasis yet...but I will be tomorrow!!! This is the LIVE pre-Oasis post. It is easier to have this started today and focus on the LIVE report tomorrow. Besides, I am tooooo excited to wait a minute longer!!!

I will be cruising with my husband alone this time, though we usually bring our 2 kids (21 and 24). I don't fly, so I am limited to ports I can drive to, or take the train. We lived in Mass all our lives till 3 years ago when we moved to NC. We always went out of Bayonne, but now we will use Florida as our home port. I have done LIVE reports from the ships the past 3 cruises (a few of the links to them are in my signature) and really enjoy sharing the wonders of the ships. I usually post twice a day.

My 2 favorite cruises happen to be the last 2 we were on. The Explorer in 2007 was INCREDIBLE!!! We had a large and wonderful thread and so many of us became such good friends, and remain so to date. My husband and I ended up as the middle couple on the Love and Marriage Show which was so so funny! I had a little (maybe big) crush on Allan Brooks (who I think is HYSTERICAL) before hand, so I was in my glory up there with him!! It was just an awesome time. In 2008 I was on the Mariner and I was fortunate enough to meet a sweetie in the CD Drew Devine (he is on the Monarch now). My husband I had had the opportunity to sit down many times with him and chat. Very warm and sweet and also very funny. On that cruise I was in the Battle of the Sexes contest (women won!!!) and was one of the female section leaders in the Quest. That may have been my finest hour...lol!

We are early risers and early eaters, so we are doing the MDR at 6pm except for the 2 nights we booked specialty restaurants. I will take pictures of the food and menus and will post those with other important pictures plus my review upon my return.

Here is the eastern itinerary, and what we pre-booked on line......

Saturday (sail-away!!) ~~~ 6/17

*****3:15 Pre-Meet and Mingle in Dazzles

Hairspray 9:30

Sunday ~~~ 6/18

Arrive Nassau, Bahamas... 7am, depart 2pm

Central Park 6:00

Oasis of Dreams 9:00 Aquatheater

Monday ~~~ 6/19

cruising

****Meet and Mingle 10:30am Dazzles

Standup Comedy Show 9:30

Tuesday ~~~ 6/20

Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas... arrive 9am depart 6pm

Chops 6:30

Headliner Show 8:30

Wednesday ~~~ 6/21

Philipsburg, St Maarten... arrive 7am, depart 5pm

Frozen in Time Ice Show 8:30

Thursday and Friday

cruising

Saturday OMG is it over already??!!

We had to drive to Columbia SC (1 1/2 hour drive) to catch the 1:44 train on Thursday to Florida. (I have taken the train dozens of times to places since I don't fly, but I think I am done with it. Not my favorite way to travel, but yes I would pick it over the plane, but think we will stick to driving in the future.) We are staying at he Crowne Plaza. The hotel just opened in January and is very cute inside. The pool was wonderful and the staff very nice. I did not love the food in the restaurant. We got to the hotel about 6:30pm yesterday and went right to eat and was very dissapointed. But I would reccommnend the hotel (and you can see the pier from here).

Today I went to the pool and met 2 great women who will be on the cruise with us. This is their second cruise and I had to give them the lowdown on cruise critic and we talked about the cruise forever! I had printed out all the compasses from the April cruise that are identical to ours and gave them to her. You would think I gave her gold! (well they are almost like it!! lol) They were both very excited to be reading them, and we have plans to get together on the ship.

We had lunch around the corner at Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza which was great! For dinner we ate on Las Olas Blvd at

Mangos and had some incredible baked brie!

I am looking forward to sharing with all of you this amazing adventure that I am about to begin. I will gladly answer any questions that will help any of you for your future cruises. I hope to find all those "secret" places that the threads have spoke of. I will not be posting pictures on the LIVE report, but will in my review upon my return.

I will be at the pier tomorrow morning about 9:30, and doubt I will sleep much tonight. My heart is pounding away even as I am typing this. I booked this cruise in August of 2008 and it seemed like an eternity away, and yet tomorrow is the day. Hope you all enjoy coming along with me!!

How exciting! I will be looking forward to your live post starting tomorrow. Thank you for taking us along with you.

Glad to hear you will take photos of the dining room menus. We are anxious to see them to help decide what night we would like to dine in the specialty restaurants.

I do feel your excitement and wish you a wonderful voyage!

How exciting! I will be looking forward to your live post starting tomorrow. Thank you for taking us along with you.

Glad to hear you will take photos of the dining room menus. We are anxious to see them to help decide what night we would like to dine in the specialty restaurants.

I do feel your excitement and wish you a wonderful voyage!

Thank you!!!!

YEA, NOW the fun begins!!!! :D You can be sure I will be checking in to read your reviews and photos (once you return :(). Can't wait until our Oasis turn. I know what you mean about it being like an eternity away since booking this in August 2008. I like how you are using different colors in your review, very orginial!!!! Enjoy and take in as much as you can because it will be over in no time. :( :(

Thank you all for the good wishes, and of course posting each time is getting me MORE EXCITED!!! (But, I wouldn't have it any other way!!)

JJ ~~ Yes, it is over before you are ready for it to be. The compass day numbers and elevator day reminders, make you constantly aware that there is a countdown to the end. But I am going to make the most of each day on that ship and do all that I possibly can!

Looking so forward to sharing your cruise with you, thanks for allowing us to join. I hope it is more wonderful than you are expecting.

I already know it will be!!!:D

Will you be dinning at any of the specialty restaurants? Have the best trip of all your cruises.

Yes, they are listed in my first post.....Chops and 150 Central Park. I have been to Chops many times before, and it never dissapoints.

Can't wait for your posts, we've been out of Bayonne many times - love it being so close. We booked this cruise in Aug. 08, long time in coming. Thanks for the heads up on Crowne Plaza, I'm going to check it outfor our pre-night stay.

Can't wait for your posts, we've been out of Bayonne many times - love it being so close. We booked this cruise in Aug. 08, long time in coming. Thanks for the heads up on Crowne Plaza, I'm going to check it outfor our pre-night stay.

I would definitely recommend the hotel. It is full of pilots and cruisers...must be a good sign!!

Hi Denice,

I am almost as excited as you. Looking forward to your LIVE report. We booked, like many others, in Aug 08, so it has been a long time coming. We go in Oct on a b2b.

I do have 2 questions, if you could find out for me: when boarding with a scooter in FLL, do we have to do the zigzag or is there an elevator for the handicap (they have this in LAX).

Also, I hear that there is a button in the Elevator that says gangway and it is programmed when they arrive in port. Now from what I read, it leads you to an escalator, could you find out how the scooters/wheechairs get off at the ports.

Enjoy your cruise and looking forward to living through your week on the Oasis.

Bye for now

Suz

Hi Denice,

I am almost as excited as you. Looking forward to your LIVE report. We booked, like many others, in Aug 08, so it has been a long time coming. We go in Oct on a b2b.

I do have 2 questions, if you could find out for me: when boarding with a scooter in FLL, do we have to do the zigzag or is there an elevator for the handicap (they have this in LAX).

Also, I hear that there is a button in the Elevator that says gangway and it is programmed when they arrive in port. Now from what I read, it leads you to an escalator, could you find out how the scooters/wheechairs get off at the ports.

Enjoy your cruise and looking forward to living through your week on the Oasis.

Bye for now

Suz

Hey Suz! Good to see you again! I have a special small notebook that I am carrying in my purse with the post # and the question, so I will be sure to find out for you and report back about Norm's scooter! A b2b...how exciting!

Meanwhile, how am I ever going to get to sleep tonight...I am soooooooooooooo excited!

Ok, so I am not exactly LIVE from the Oasis yet...but I will be tomorrow!!! This is the LIVE pre-Oasis post. It is easier to have this started today and focus on the LIVE report tomorrow. Besides, I am tooooo excited to wait a minute longer!!!

I will be cruising with my husband alone this time, though we usually bring our 2 kids (21 and 24). I don't fly, so I am limited to ports I can drive to, or take the train. We lived in Mass all our lives till 3 years ago when we moved to NC. We always went out of Bayonne, but now we will use Florida as our home port. I have done LIVE reports from the ships the past 3 cruises (a few of the links to them are in my signature) and really enjoy sharing the wonders of the ships. I usually post twice a day.

My 2 favorite cruises happen to be the last 2 we were on. The Explorer in 2007 was INCREDIBLE!!! We had a large and wonderful thread and so many of us became such good friends, and remain so to date. My husband and I ended up as the middle couple on the Love and Marriage Show which was so so funny! I had a little (maybe big) crush on Allan Brooks (who I think is HYSTERICAL) before hand, so I was in my glory up there with him!! It was just an awesome time. In 2008 I was on the Mariner and I was fortunate enough to meet a sweetie in the CD Drew Devine (he is on the Monarch now). My husband I had had the opportunity to sit down many times with him and chat. Very warm and sweet and also very funny. On that cruise I was in the Battle of the Sexes contest (women won!!!) and was one of the female section leaders in the Quest. That may have been my finest hour...lol!

We are early risers and early eaters, so we are doing the MDR at 6pm except for the 2 nights we booked specialty restaurants. I will take pictures of the food and menus and will post those with other important pictures plus my review upon my return.

Here is the eastern itinerary, and what we pre-booked on line......

Saturday (sail-away!!) ~~~ 6/17

*****3:15 Pre-Meet and Mingle in Dazzles

Hairspray 9:30

Sunday ~~~ 6/18

Arrive Nassau, Bahamas... 7am, depart 2pm

Central Park 6:00

Oasis of Dreams 9:00 Aquatheater

Monday ~~~ 6/19

cruising

****Meet and Mingle 10:30am Dazzles

Standup Comedy Show 9:30

Tuesday ~~~ 6/20

Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas... arrive 9am depart 6pm

Chops 6:30

Headliner Show 8:30

Wednesday ~~~ 6/21

Philipsburg, St Maarten... arrive 7am, depart 5pm

Frozen in Time Ice Show 8:30

Thursday and Friday

cruising

Saturday OMG is it over already??!!

We had to drive to Columbia SC (1 1/2 hour drive) to catch the 1:44 train on Thursday to Florida. (I have taken the train dozens of times to places since I don't fly, but I think I am done with it. Not my favorite way to travel, but yes I would pick it over the plane, but think we will stick to driving in the future.) We are staying at he Crowne Plaza. The hotel just opened in January and is very cute inside. The pool was wonderful and the staff very nice. I did not love the food in the restaurant. We got to the hotel about 6:30pm yesterday and went right to eat and was very dissapointed. But I would reccommnend the hotel (and you can see the pier from here).

Today I went to the pool and met 2 great women who will be on the cruise with us. This is their second cruise and I had to give them the lowdown on cruise critic and we talked about the cruise forever! I had printed out all the compasses from the April cruise that are identical to ours and gave them to her. You would think I gave her gold! (well they are almost like it!! lol) They were both very excited to be reading them, and we have plans to get together on the ship.

We had lunch around the corner at Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza which was great! For dinner we ate on Las Olas Blvd at

Mangos and had some incredible baked brie!

I am looking forward to sharing with all of you this amazing adventure that I am about to begin. I will gladly answer any questions that will help any of you for your future cruises. I hope to find all those "secret" places that the threads have spoke of. I will not be posting pictures on the LIVE report, but will in my review upon my return.

I will be at the pier tomorrow morning about 9:30, and doubt I will sleep much tonight. My heart is pounding away even as I am typing this. I booked this cruise in August of 2008 and it seemed like an eternity away, and yet tomorrow is the day. Hope you all enjoy coming along with me!!

I feel your excitement i hope you have a fantastic cruise and i am really looking foward to your daily updates.

So excited to hear about your cruise. You are going to have a wonderful time. Please, do yourself a favor, and stop once a day to just take a deep breath wherever you are and take it all in. If you see Sam (female) or Jenga (male) or Kevin or Stephen at the sports deck/flowrider, tell them Chris and Susan from Austin said "hi". They might remember Chris, the long curly hair - especially Jenga should remember. Also, Paul O'Shea, the pianist at Schooner Bar might remember us.

Enjoy your cruise, and I look forward to reading along. I don't know how you will sleep tonight!

Ok, hubby has determined one of the reasons that I am wired and unable to sleep is being on the computer posting here and on my 7/17 thread (well duhhhhhh...I knew that!):D

Guess it's time for me to shut it down, read a bit, and try and sleep. (ya right)

I AM BOARDING THE OASIS TOMORROW!!!!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS HERE!!

TOMORROW I WILL BE OFFICIALLY REPORTING LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

Talk to you all then!!

So excited to hear about your cruise. You are going to have a wonderful time. Please, do yourself a favor, and stop once a day to just take a deep breath wherever you are and take it all in. If you see Sam (female) or Jenga (male) or Kevin or Stephen at the sports deck/flowrider, tell them Chris and Susan from Austin said "hi". They might remember Chris, the long curly hair - especially Jenga should remember. Also, Paul O'Shea, the pianist at Schooner Bar might remember us.

Enjoy your cruise, and I look forward to reading along. I don't know how you will sleep tonight!

Will do!!!

(Is it the 7am wake up call yet??!!)

Archived