*~~~LIVE from Oasis 7/17/2010~~~*

Did you post the compasses somewhere? I may have missed them. Thanks. Oh, my name is Denise too, with an S.

Denise

No, I didn't post them because there are some other sites that have them. It would be a pain to scan them all..not saying i wouldn't do that at some point.:D

Speaking of compasses, I forgot to mention there is a great thing, part of the compass, called "the Planner" that overviews the best activities, shows etc and you get on day 1. I will definitely scan that tonight because it covers the major stuff. It's great when you come on board to see what nights everything are.

You are home and you continue to provide very useful information. I printed off the planner and am enjoying reading through it and planning my dining times around these activities. Thank you so much for all of your information and for sharing your cruise with me.

You are home and you continue to provide very useful information. I printed off the planner and am enjoying reading through it and planning my dining times around these activities. Thank you so much for all of your information and for sharing your cruise with me.

My pleasure...glad it helped. Yes I am home, but I am still going to provide info and answer questions.:D

Hi and glad you both are home safely Denice! We were away for several days at my in laws in Delaware and couldn't check your posts. BUT I'M BACK!!!! Add me to the others that say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting while you are on vacation!!! It was soooo thoughtful of you to do. I now have to go and look at your photos....

Looking forward to your review in Dec. 2011. Until then.......

Hi and glad you both are home safely Denice! We were away for several days at my in laws in Delaware and couldn't check your posts. BUT I'M BACK!!!! Add me to the others that say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting while you are on vacation!!! It was soooo thoughtful of you to do. I now have to go and look at your photos....

Looking forward to your review in Dec. 2011. Until then.......

Good to hear from you!!! Oh you know I loved every minute of it, and will do it again in 2011.

Hope you enjoy the photos!!

Good to hear from you!!! Oh you know I loved every minute of it, and will do it again in 2011.

Hope you enjoy the photos!!

Thank you Denice!!

YES, I did enjoy the photos! Great shots and some different ones then what I have seen before. Can't wait until our turn in three weeks!!! Of course I will be ready to "cruise" with you again in December 2011!! :D

Thank you Denice!!

YES, I did enjoy the photos! Great shots and some different ones then what I have seen before. Can't wait until our turn in three weeks!!! Of course I will be ready to "cruise" with you again in December 2011!! :D

Make sure you tell me all about your cruise when you come back!!

I have finally finished reading all the posts!! Denice, I have to say, of all the live threads or reviews I have read, your's has been one of the best! I just love your enthusiasm about everything and we just can't wait for our 10/9 cruise, you have gotten us all so excited. This cruise is my sons girlfriend's first, what a ship for her to experience!! She is so excited, but afraid of being sick, I'm so glad you wrote that you could barely feel it moving even with the heavy winds you were having.

So we too are from MA, but from the Western part of the state. I know what you mean about flying. We finally took our first cruise out of NJ last March, we did the 12 day, and it was wonderful!! Would do it again, and from your thread someone mentioned that the Freedom might be coming in 2012, I will be looking for that for sure. We've been on the FOS in 2006 and really did enjoy it and would love to sail her again, especially if its only a 3 hour drive away. My daughter and I did a mother/daughter cruise 2 years ago, it was only a 4 day, but it was great just the same with just the two of us. So, enjoy yourself!!

Someone also posted about the sushi and said it was really good. My son and his girl love sushi and wanted to know the prices. Anyone out there happen to know. Denice I don't think that was something you would check out because like you, I'm a steak and chicken girl!!

Also did you say there was a show in the jazz club with the cast from hairspray?? Is that something they will be doing every sailing now?? My daughter is starting a list of things we need to book and see so we don't miss anything. Also can anyone do the galley tour and if so, how do you find out about it. We are only platinum so we won't have many perks.

My next stop is to check your pictures. That will be tomorrow, it's taken me 3 days to read this thread and I wish I caught it when it was ongoing but I don't get a chance to come on as often as I like, sorry I missed the party!!

Thanks again for all your hard work, and spending your time with us. Your husband was really great letting you share time with us, my husband would have thought I was crazy. He just doesn't get CruiseCritic, but I finally got my daughter and sons girl hooked with it and they love it.

Will look forward to your next review in 2011.....

I have finally finished reading all the posts!! Denice, I have to say, of all the live threads or reviews I have read, your's has been one of the best! I just love your enthusiasm about everything and we just can't wait for our 10/9 cruise, you have gotten us all so excited. This cruise is my sons girlfriend's first, what a ship for her to experience!! She is so excited, but afraid of being sick, I'm so glad you wrote that you could barely feel it moving even with the heavy winds you were having.

So we too are from MA, but from the Western part of the state. I know what you mean about flying. We finally took our first cruise out of NJ last March, we did the 12 day, and it was wonderful!! Would do it again, and from your thread someone mentioned that the Freedom might be coming in 2012, I will be looking for that for sure. We've been on the FOS in 2006 and really did enjoy it and would love to sail her again, especially if its only a 3 hour drive away. My daughter and I did a mother/daughter cruise 2 years ago, it was only a 4 day, but it was great just the same with just the two of us. So, enjoy yourself!!

Someone also posted about the sushi and said it was really good. My son and his girl love sushi and wanted to know the prices. Anyone out there happen to know. Denice I don't think that was something you would check out because like you, I'm a steak and chicken girl!!

Also did you say there was a show in the jazz club with the cast from hairspray?? Is that something they will be doing every sailing now?? My daughter is starting a list of things we need to book and see so we don't miss anything. Also can anyone do the galley tour and if so, how do you find out about it. We are only platinum so we won't have many perks.

My next stop is to check your pictures. That will be tomorrow, it's taken me 3 days to read this thread and I wish I caught it when it was ongoing but I don't get a chance to come on as often as I like, sorry I missed the party!!

Thanks again for all your hard work, and spending your time with us. Your husband was really great letting you share time with us, my husband would have thought I was crazy. He just doesn't get CruiseCritic, but I finally got my daughter and sons girl hooked with it and they love it.

Will look forward to your next review in 2011.....

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Cruise Critic is indeed an amazing site! I wish I had known about this when I first started cruising, because I was clueless, and needed better direction.

Yes, I was fine on the ship with the winds and I have severe motion sickness! Just bending down in a moving car to pick up my purse makes me sooo dizzy. I didn't mention this on my threads, but a few times when I was posting from the train, the motion of the train and my reading posts and posting, caused me to feel so sick that I had to lay down!

The brand new carabet show with the 2 members of the Hairspray in the Jazz club was new, but supposing a permanent addition. It was a very intimate club and they were soo good!

Sometimes, you can ask for a galley tour and get it...at least that is what I have read on the boards. But I am not sure on that. Certainly worth asking on you are in the dining room first night...ask for the head waiter! Good luck!

Now wait...you think my husband DIDN'T think I was crazy???!! lol We would be so exhausted from our nights and I would be saying, nope, can't sleep, have to go post and share. He knows the importance of CC, but he always knows I am crazy!:D

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Denice,

Since your first post July 16th (2 weeks ago to the day), we have immensely enjoyed your live reviews and subsequent photos. It was so very kind of you (and your DH) to share your time and experience with all of us. As we have been lurkers only, just wanted to thank you, thank you, thank you for your exciting, educational, and amusing, :) thread.

Keith & Trudy

Denice' date='

Since your first post July 16th (2 weeks ago to the day), we have immensely enjoyed your live reviews and subsequent photos. It was so very kind of you (and your DH) to share your time and experience with all of us. As we have been lurkers only, just wanted to [b']thank you, thank you, thank you[/b] for your exciting, educational, and amusing, :) thread.

Keith & Trudy

Oh, thank you so so much for those kind words:D!! I am glad that it was all those things to you, and I hope to others. I have gained so much from CC, and always hope my LIVE threads and pictures etc give back. I post them with love and I am glad it shows. Your posts like this and others like it, always make the time (and expense:eek:) I took all worth while!!!

Ok, so this is my first post on CC. I've been lurking for YEARS but have never posted. I know I'm chiming in a bit late, but I just finished reading this thread in its entirety and my husband and I looked at your photo thread last night. We are sailing on the Oasis on 9/11 (my birthday - we take our "big" trip each year around this time as 9/9 is also our anniversary).

I have to say, I love three things about you:

1. You are a fellow overpacker. You have accepted this about yourself and relish in it. Thank you for validating me. :)

2. It is SO SO SO refreshing to see someone make lemonade out of any lemons that are thrown at them. I try to have this attitude when I travel because I work too darn hard and I am not going to be the one to ruin my own vacation. This was the thing I loved most about your post. Rain? WHO CARES?? MDR food only so-so? We don't need no stinkin' MDR food! Good for you, I say! It only made the post that more pleasurable to read - sometimes it's just exhausting to read reviews because people are so negative and frankly, it's what you make it. As if I wasn't excited enough about this trip already, your unfailingly upbeat and positive account of your amazing trip has me JUMPING UP AND DOWN in anticipation.

3. You said you had "taken hundreds of pictures so far" by like, day 3. I could kiss you. I love taking phots and am always snapping away...my friends pretend not to like it most of the time but they would have no photos at all otherwise! They make fun, but they are always nagging me to "get the photos out."

Anyway...thank you for taking the time to write it all, and for posting your photos. Speaking of photos, do you by chance have photos of the MDR menus? I've been trying to find them but I can't tell if they're before or after the itinerary change (or if it matters). If I missed them on the photo thread, I'm sorry.

Ok, so this is my first post on CC. I've been lurking for YEARS but have never posted. I know I'm chiming in a bit late, but I just finished reading this thread in its entirety and my husband and I looked at your photo thread last night. We are sailing on the Oasis on 9/11 (my birthday - we take our "big" trip each year around this time as 9/9 is also our anniversary).

I have to say, I love three things about you:

1. You are a fellow overpacker. You have accepted this about yourself and relish in it. Thank you for validating me. :)

2. It is SO SO SO refreshing to see someone make lemonade out of any lemons that are thrown at them. I try to have this attitude when I travel because I work too darn hard and I am not going to be the one to ruin my own vacation. This was the thing I loved most about your post. Rain? WHO CARES?? MDR food only so-so? We don't need no stinkin' MDR food! Good for you, I say! It only made the post that more pleasurable to read - sometimes it's just exhausting to read reviews because people are so negative and frankly, it's what you make it. As if I wasn't excited enough about this trip already, your unfailingly upbeat and positive account of your amazing trip has me JUMPING UP AND DOWN in anticipation.

3. You said you had "taken hundreds of pictures so far" by like, day 3. I could kiss you. I love taking phots and am always snapping away...my friends pretend not to like it most of the time but they would have no photos at all otherwise! They make fun, but they are always nagging me to "get the photos out."

Anyway...thank you for taking the time to write it all, and for posting your photos. Speaking of photos, do you by chance have photos of the MDR menus? I've been trying to find them but I can't tell if they're before or after the itinerary change (or if it matters). If I missed them on the photo thread, I'm sorry.

Wow!!! Awesome post...thank you so much for the kind words! Again, you and others are why I spend the time doing all of this!!

Yes, I am a proud over packer. I honestly have tried and tried to change..but I can't ! It gives me serious anxiety if I try and cut back. Not only do I always have more clothes and shoes than I could ever wear (I love having "choices"), but I have anything anyone could possibly imagine packed. Some stuff, to be honest, stays in my bins in the luggage under the bed. But I KNOW it's there. Here is a simple example. I had had a small filling put in a few days before the cruise and my first night on the ship, it fell out when I flossed! No worries...because I carry 2 different "dentemp" kits (which I always have but have never used!) and filled the tiny hole in and I was good to go until I got home to see the dentist!! I validate you for sure!!!;)

2. I didn't exaggerate anything I posted...in fact I think I even held back some excitement so as not to have you all think I was loon!! I never read any one else's reviews anymore because of the "negatives". They always seem so silly in the scheme of things.And it didn't rain...it POURED!!:eek: And although I was disappointed not be out at the pool, I was non stop all day with different things to do!! At the end of the day, never missed or thought of the sun, but thought about what an awesome day I had on the amazing Oasis! To me, cruising is about the magic of the ship and all it holds. Although I thought the MDR food was "ok"....I was never hungry, had no problem eating there, over ate every day, and came back 4 lbs heavier. Guess I didn't suffer much!:D

3. I took even more pictures than normal, because some were truthfully just to post, like the occupancy meters. I took pictures of I think the first night's menu in the MDR and then decided it was a pain. Let me see if I can get at least that day posted on this thread. I think I remember seeing a link to all 7 nights somewhere....maybe try a search?

What a FABULOUS way to spend your birthday!!! It will be beyond what you expect or imagined!!

Thanks for the menu, Denice! I think I might have found menus for all 7 days, but I can't tell if it's before the itinerary change or not. (Although, I don't know if it matters either!) I've pretty much seen them all (the Oasis will be my first cruise as Diamond - YAY!) so none of them will be a surprise. I was just going to try to "plan" to go to MDR for my favorites as opposed to some of the other dining venues. Thanks again!

Thanks for the menu, Denice! I think I might have found menus for all 7 days, but I can't tell if it's before the itinerary change or not. (Although, I don't know if it matters either!) I've pretty much seen them all (the Oasis will be my first cruise as Diamond - YAY!) so none of them will be a surprise. I was just going to try to "plan" to go to MDR for my favorites as opposed to some of the other dining venues. Thanks again!

I am glad you found the menus.

How exciting to be on the Oasis as Diamond! This was my first as Diamond plus and that was pretty exciting too!!

The great thing about all the touch screens is you can see some things in advance. For instance, when you hit the screen for dining and then complimentary, you get the dining room menu for all 7 days!!! So once you get onboard, go to one of the screens and you can plan out your week!!

Sooo I would like repeat what everyone else is saying and say Thank You for these posts. I am also an overpacker, but my problem is shoes, my first cruise I packed an entire suitcase of just shoes (yes, I learned my lesson). My upcoming cruise will be my first on RCCL and I'm guessing from what everyone is saying I'm going to be spoiled by this ship and this line. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts, esp anything about food (I'm a foodaholic). I am in love with cupcakes and super-excited about the cupcake cupboard, also already told my bf that we need to get to the pier as early as possible to do some walking of the ship before it gets too crowded and also that I NEED to get a roast beef sandwich according to my CC friends. LOL. By the way, I only learned about CC earlier in the year from a friend and am soooooooo glad I did. I have learned such great things on this site; met other cruise-fanatics, other over-packers, other over-eaters, other over-spenders...all in all a great site! I am also looking forward to Hairspray, it is my favorite movie-know every line and song by heart...was supposed to see it on Broadway a few years ago but that was when the actors went on strike, so it never happened. I'm rambling now...but I feel like I'm driving the people at work and home crazy obssessing over the upcoming cruise and everything I read on here!!! So I will take some solice in knowing you all understand.....

We also have Chops booked for the first formal night at 830, can I be quick during dinner to make it to the show for 1030? and are we missing something by going there for formal night?

Did they offer cupcake decorating classes on your sailing? If so, did they have an adult class? Sorry if I missed it but I just read your entire thread in an hour while at work. Did you take the class?

I know this is going to sound superfrugal but were there any days that they had promotions on the specialty restaurants or drinks? B1G1 or happy hour? My first trip on NCL had 4-6 B1G1 sp rest.

I would love to see the pics you posted but since I am at work they block EVERYTHING!! maybe at home I'll get the chance to look.

I think those are all my questions for now...may have more later. Thanks! :p:D

Archived