How do you do Medifast on the ship

I agree with SeattleCruiseLover, there is no way to prepare or have them prepare food that you have brought onboard yourself. Hot water from the buffet or room service is your only option, and they don't allow things like hot plates in the cabins. Impossible! :(

...and they don't allow things like hot plates in the cabins.
This is for safety reasons. A ship's biggest danger is fire and a hot plate poses a danger no matter how careful you are or intend to be. There are maritime safety laws that ban hot plates and cooking elements.

Oatmeal -- brown sugar, pieces of bacon, & milk.

Soup -- with a spoon? I'm not sure what you mean.

Not to change the subject but bacon in the oatmeal?! Never heard of this...

As for the OP - I think you will have to just monitor what you eat on your own. Remembering that they use lots of salt in their prep. I think you can also talk in advance to the chef (via your TA) and make some upfront requests that should help you out.

Not to change the subject but bacon in the oatmeal?! Never heard of this...

As for the OP - I think you will have to just monitor what you eat on your own. Remembering that they use lots of salt in their prep. I think you can also talk in advance to the chef (via your TA) and make some upfront requests that should help you out.

Yeah, I guess it may sound a little strange, but it is really good. Crunch up crispy bacon and mix it in. My Grandma made it that way for me when I was a youngster so it seems kind of normal to me at this point.

OP -- Again, I didn't mean to stray from the subject of your question. I don't know this as factual, but would guess that the kitchen staff will try to help you out if they can. Asking ahead of time through your TA is a great idea.

It depends on how hot the water has to be. You can always order a pot of hot water in the dining room and ask for a bowl.

I started the Eat Smart/Move More program at work and went on our cruise in March about two months into the program. I managed to continue with it by choosing the healthy selections from the regular menu. But it's an easy program to follow, with regular foods and not special meals to purchase.

You could also bring bars and shakes instead of the oatmeal and soups. The shakes could be made with cold water.

For dinner you could choose from the menu items that worked for you. It's not that hard to do.

• 1 month later...

Archived