cruise critic meeting on board ship

SPKR

can someone advise if Princess offers a meet and greet event for cruise critic members and how to sign up for thaese. I'm on Ocean Princess August 7 - 14. We have a roll call thread, but no one knows how to organize this

Suzie

can someone advise if Princess offers a meet and greet event for cruise critic members and how to sign up for thaese. I'm on Ocean Princess August 7 - 14. We have a roll call thread, but no one knows how to organize this

Suzie

Hi Suzie,

I recently organised a fabulous Meet and Greet on a Sea Princess cruise to Alaska, thro' the help of Sea Princess co-ordinator Liz Williamson.

She probably isn't the rep for Ocean Princess but I am sure she will forward your e mail to the right person. She really is a very helpful person.

E mail her on ewilliamson@princess.com or you could contact Diane Hall who is the rep for Diamond Princess at dhall@princess.com who I am working with for our Christmas cruise on Diamond.

Good luck

Kiwipete

Here is the latest list I have for setting up a Meet & Greet

This list is current as of 16 Mar 2010:

Berda Davis

Star, Grand

(661) 284-4451

bdavis@princesscruises.com

Diana Hall

Diamond

(661) 284-4449

dhall@princesscruises.com

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr

Emerald, Pacific

(661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Stacey Anderson

Island & Coral

(661) 284-4446

sanderson@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes

Crown

(661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

Renee Wittwer

Ruby & Ocean (formally the Tahitian)

(661) 284-4443

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean, Sea

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Thank you kiwipete and paul929207 for responding & I will follow up! The list of who to contact per ship will be great for future Princes cruises. So far with just a few days to go, our thread is only 10 people (5 couples); Ocean is a small ship (670 passengers)and I have no idea whether the ship will be full.

Hi Suzie,

I recently organised a fabulous Meet and Greet on a Sea Princess cruise to Alaska, thro' the help of Sea Princess co-ordinator Liz Williamson.

She probably isn't the rep for Ocean Princess but I am sure she will forward your e mail to the right person. She really is a very helpful person.

E mail her on ewilliamson@princess.com or you could contact Diane Hall who is the rep for Diamond Princess at dhall@princess.com who I am working with for our Christmas cruise on Diamond.

Good luck

Kiwipete

We are on the Sea Princess in 9 days. What was Liz able to arrange for you? What day/time was the meeting? Did any of the staff come? Did they provide anything else?

Someone on our roll call contacted Liz last month, and received an email back saying that they no longer accept requests because Princess now organizes the Meet and Greet, and to look for the time and location in the Patters.

Just off the Diamond Princess & we were most disappointed with the (no)Meet & Greet on board. We were told that it would be held in the Wheelhouse Bar at 11:00AM on our first sea day.

Firstly, there was nothing in the Princess Patter about it at all. When DH & I arrived at the Wheelhouse Bar (10:45AM) there was no designated area, (there is usually signage and a roped-off area with some type of refreshments) and the Bar was full of people getting ready to play Trivia Challenge at 11:00. We were not the organizers of the M & G event, but we proceeded to look for other folks wandering about that maybe would be part of our group.

We finally found the lady that organized the M & G. She had the confirmation letter from Princess in her hand and was looking for someone that could help her find exactly where we were supposed to be. She finally found a young lady in a Princess uniform, showed her the confirmation letter & asked her to find out if our time or location had been switched. After about 10 minutes, the Princess employee returned saying that no one in the Hotel staff knew anything about it. Sorry!! :mad:

By that time, we had accumulated 7 people out of the 45 or so that signed up, "Trivia Challenge" was in full gear, and we couldn't have had a decent conversation in there anyway. The 7 of us went down to the Atrium & had a short visit. We also filled out a complaint form at the Main Desk and noted it on our comment cards.

This was the first & only time this has ever happened. Usually both Princess and HAL are excellent in having these functions publicized and set up. I felt very sorry for the nice gal that organized the whole thing. She was quite embarrassed, tho' I don't know what else she could have done, except perhaps to have gone down to the desk once on board to confirm the arrangements. None of us (to my knowledge) ever heard anything back from the Princess Hotel Staff - at least we didn't.

Wow.....now I am alittle nervous about our M&G for our September cruise. I emailed the person for the Emerald last week. She has been communicating with me through emails. She told me to get back to her with our preference of day and time. I told her I was getting imput fron our Roll Call members and would get back to her.

Hmmmm.......based on some of the posts here.....I wonder.

Wow.....now I am alittle nervous about our M&G for our September cruise. I emailed the person for the Emerald last week. She has been communicating with me through emails. She told me to get back to her with our preference of day and time. I told her I was getting imput fron our Roll Call members and would get back to her.

Just check with the cruise director after boarding to make sure the room you had reserved is really reserved.

I have organized several M&Gs, most recently for our Hawaii cruise this past March. We had an outstanding group of nearly 40 for that one.

Every time I have made the arrangements, through the appropriate Princess coordinator, there has been a letter to me waiting in the cabin when we boarded, which confirmed the time, place, and whether or not the bar in the meeting place would be staffed.

I have organized several M&Gs, most recently for our Hawaii cruise this past March. We had an outstanding group of nearly 40 for that one.

Every time I have made the arrangements, through the appropriate Princess coordinator, there has been a letter to me waiting in the cabin when we boarded, which confirmed the time, place, and whether or not the bar in the meeting place would be staffed.

Yes, but those were organized in the past. Sometime around May, they changed the procedure and now you don't make specific arrangements through the appropriate coordinator...you just let them know that you have a CC group for that sailing and they make the arrangements without your input as to time, date, place, etc. This is communicated through a posting in the Patters. One problem I've been reading about on recent cruises is when non-CC-members read that there is a Cruise Critic meeting, they think it's an open griping session and show up with their list of complaints (everyone's a critic).

Just check with the purser's desk after boarding to make sure the room you had reserved is really reserved.

Princess arranged for us to meet on our second sea day.

The Captain and crew were suppose to saw up to chat with us.

Never did. :rolleyes:

There was a wedding going plus they had the Platinum and Elite complimentary pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres set up there.

They had no knowledge of our Meet & Greet. :cool:

Did someone invite the Captain & Crew. Usually, someone from the Roll Call prepares invitations. Once onboard, they fill in the names of the officers they want to invite and leave the invitations at the Purser's Desk

Does anyone know who the coordinator is/was for the Crown Princess?

If there are no longer coordinators, how do we go about notifying Princess we want to have a M & G for our Decenber 23rd Christmas cruise?

Thanks.

Does anyone know who the coordinator is/was for the Crown Princess?

If there are no longer coordinators, how do we go about notifying Princess we want to have a M & G for our Decenber 23rd Christmas cruise?

Thanks.

Here is the latest list I have.

Just another inconsistency from Princess. For our CC get together for 9/4, someone on our roll call contacted Princess and was told to let her know when and where we wished to meet and they would coordinate! Well....we are coordinated to meet on the day and time we wanted. So go figure:confused:

there are still coordinators, but they'll reply that they'll take care of all the arrangements and will let you know via the Patters once onboard.

This thing with putting the M&G notices being put in the patters worries me. You could have non roll call members showing up thinking it's an event to complain about the cruise.....:(

Bob

Last fall on the then Tahitian, now Ocean, it was liste in the Patter as CruiseCritic.com and stated that it was for members only. We had no trouble with strays.

Thant's good to hear. I read a couple recent postings that stated some strays actually showed up.....:):):)

Bob

Just another inconsistency from Princess. For our CC get together for 9/4, someone on our roll call contacted Princess and was told to let her know when and where we wished to meet and they would coordinate! Well....we are coordinated to meet on the day and time we wanted. So go figure:confused:

Make sure you come back on and let us know if it went smoothly. We sail a few weeks later. I will probably be getting back to Princess next week about the day and time for our M&G. One less than to have to worry about geting done.

Although the M&G procedure was supposed to have changed last May, I think it has quietly reverted back to the old system. We were on the Emerald last week and were supposedly one of the first groups to be able to plan the M&G prior to the 'old' 40 day mark. Our Roll Call contact was told that the new system was in place, that a room would be set aside (they preferred morning of the first sea day), that it would be announced in the Patters and that one or two of the ship staff would try to attend. All of that was put into our Roll Call posts.

When we boarded, the contact had a letter in her room confirming the day, time and location. No Patter announcements were made, no staff attended. We did have the bartenders available for one hour. A sign was in front of Skywalkers saying it was reserved for a private function. When our contact asked why no announcement was put in the Patters she was told that "they had had some trouble with making announcements for some groups and not others, so Princess would not be putting CC meetings in the Patter".

Based on our experience, I would suggest that Roll Calls do all the arranging themselves, and to check and double check upon boarding. But expect it to be treated as a private function, not a ship function.

Archived