Looking for excursion suggestions in Roatan

IrishCowboy

I would talk to Victor Bodden. .. he will take you anywhere you want to go. ($35 pp for 2,or 3 or more $25 pp)

the beaches in west end are stunning.

Victor also took me to a grocery store to pick up coffee cheaper to take home and for $2 pp extra you can go to his house and hold the monkeys. We loved the monkeys jumping on us and feeding them cookies, but they are rascally.

Looking for a nice beach to relax and has great snorkeling. Any ideas or suggestions?

thanks!

PS all Carnival cruises go to Mahagany Bay now ... and there is a chair lift to the beach for $10 pp for all day (as many rides as you want so you can go back to the ship for lunch) or you can walk back and forth for free. You pay the $10 and get a bracelet to show you paid the first time, then after that just show your bracelet.

It was like 90 degrees and humid and felt like 110 degrees, so the chair lift might sound more inviting than it sounds now when you get there. There is also a zip line at Carnival's port.

mahagany bay is nice and private ...but its not world class, like some of the beaches and diving spots on this island. But if you just wanted a beach, this would be the great, the one right by the port.

I would talk to Victor Bodden. .. he will take you anywhere you want to go. ($35 pp for 2,or 3 or more $25 pp)

the beaches in west end are stunning.

Victor also took me to a grocery store to pick up coffee cheaper to take home and for $2 pp extra you can go to his house and hold the monkeys. We loved the monkeys jumping on us and feeding them cookies, but they are rascally.

Victor upped the monkey price to $5. pp

Used to be called Fins and Flippers (not sure if it still is). It is an excursion offered through Carnival now. We did it last year when it was still independent and had a great time. It is a private island and they have a long walk way that you can walk to the end of and snorkel right there. It was very cool. Search it on the Roatan board and you can find lots of info. :)

Another vote for Tabyana Beach.

Glad to hear the thumbs up for Tabyana as this is one of the excursions we booked for our cruise in January. I read on the Ports of Call board that Mahogany Beach does not have good snorkeling.

Used to be called Fins and Flippers (not sure if it still is). It is an excursion offered through Carnival now. We did it last year when it was still independent and had a great time. It is a private island and they have a long walk way that you can walk to the end of and snorkel right there. It was very cool. Search it on the Roatan board and you can find lots of info. :)

I second that..it is wonderful and peaceful..has everything!

Glad to hear the thumbs up for Tabyana as this is one of the excursions we booked for our cruise in January. I read on the Ports of Call board that Mahogany Beach does not have good snorkeling.

The snorkeling there is great (tabyana) saw roosterfish, stingray, tons of fish, even a 'cuda. Really pretty coral with lost of massifs and valleys.

Here's another vote for Tabyana beach -- gorgeous beach, excellent snorkeling, and relaxing, with plenty of shaded areas to get out of the sun.

Just read everything you can about getting to/from Tabyana beach on the Ports of Call-Caribbean-Roatan thread and decide how you want to get there from the ship, whether you hire a driver for the day, or go to Bananarama (same beach) with their transportation, or book it thru the ship. There's pros and cons to each.

FYI--Tabyana beach is a good 1/2 hour drive to/from the ship, through spectacular scenery and the "real" Roatan.

Archived