*~~Pictures only Oasis 7/17/10~~*

Thanks again! You certainly should be on Royal Caribbean's payroll. You have made this ship come to life in my imagination! Between your live posts, and now your pictures, you have painted a most rosy picture of the Oasis for me! Can't wait to spend Thanksgiving there!

I am blushing!! Thank you!

I don't even think I did the ship justice in my posts! I tried to post as much as I could each day, but always felt rushed and left out so much. I don't think those of you who have never been on her have any idea what a cruise you are in store for!!

OMG how great are these pictures!!! So generous of you share with one and all.

I just called my daughter who is on the hunt for another cruise after taking her first in April.....she is hooked and her hubby keeps asking when the room service will get there and where their butler is!!!

I am looking forward to the Splendour in Sept out of Venice in order to see my young relatives who are lead singers on that ship.....

Don't think I will ever sail on the Oasis as DH likes much much smaller ships but boy does your blog and photos make me wish I could change his mind!

Ty!!

I don't think those of you who have never been on her have any idea what a cruise you are in store for!!

Haha, I've actually never cruised before at all, so I really have no idea what I'm getting myself into!

I have to ask, in case we LOVE the Oasis, what are your other favorite cruise ships? From your daily updates it sounds like we may have fairly similar vacationing styles and tastes.

Haha, I've actually never cruised before at all, so I really have no idea what I'm getting myself into!

I have to ask, in case we LOVE the Oasis, what are your other favorite cruise ships? From your daily updates it sounds like we may have fairly similar vacationing styles and tastes.

I don't have all my cruises listed, but I did like taking the Explorer (4 times) out of Bayonne, loved the Mariner, and the Jewel was beautiful, but too small for me. I like them big:eek:. But once you try and bigger and newer....for me...hard to go back. The Oasis is just spectacular. What a ship to start on!! Wow!! Your mouth will be hanging open a lot!!!

Another day of no cleaning, no cooking, no washing, no ironing,,,no shopping, ,,,just another day of enjoying your photos, thank you from the bottom of my heart, sorry to see this week pass, but you have added so much pleasure to my life, you cannot imagin...I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT..Tobyhilda

Another day of no cleaning, no cooking, no washing, no ironing,,,no shopping, ,,,just another day of enjoying your photos, thank you from the bottom of my heart, sorry to see this week pass, but you have added so much pleasure to my life, you cannot imagin...I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT..Tobyhilda

Thank you sooooooo much!!!

Did you have the D+ coupon booklet with the buy one get one free for a specialty restaurant? It is supposed to be used the first night only. I can't remember if you went to a specialty restaurant the first night.

Did you use it or know of anyone who did? If so, how does it work?

Sorry if you have answered this already, I read most of the threads but I am sure there were some posts I missed.

Did you have the D+ coupon booklet with the buy one get one free for a specialty restaurant? It is supposed to be used the first night only. I can't remember if you went to a specialty restaurant the first night.

Did you use it or know of anyone who did? If so, how does it work?

Sorry if you have answered this already, I read most of the threads but I am sure there were some posts I missed.

No problem...

Yes I had that book, and no I ate in MDR the first night...didn't go to the first specialty restaurant until the second night. But I met people who did use it, and it works. Just give it to the waiter.

But I met people who did use it, and it works. Just give it to the waiter. 

I should have been more clear in my question. The confusion with using the coupon is pre-booking the restaurant. I have read on CC that some people are told by the customer service reps to book for and pay for one person , then two people go to the restaurant with the coupon.

Or, some are told to book for and pay for two then have the second fee credited to your seapass.

I was just wondering which is the right way? (If there is a right way?)LOL.

We will probably just wait and book once on board, hopefully there will be some openings available.

Thanks for answering all of our questions both during and after your cruise, it is very much appreciated. And your photos are awesome!:)

But I met people who did use it, and it works. Just give it to the waiter. 

I should have been more clear in my question. The confusion with using the coupon is pre-booking the restaurant. I have read on CC that some people are told by the customer service reps to book for and pay for one person , then two people go to the restaurant with the coupon.

Or, some are told to book for and pay for two then have the second fee credited to your seapass.

I was just wondering which is the right way? (If there is a right way?)LOL.

We will probably just wait and book once on board, hopefully there will be some openings available.

Thanks for answering all of our questions both during and after your cruise, it is very much appreciated. And your photos are awesome!:)

I believe you pre-book for 2, present coupon, and it is credited to sea pass account. I don't think the first way makes too much sense...you would need to book 2 people to be guaranteed a place...to have a table. The head count would never be correct for the restaurant that way, and people would end up getting turned away.

the balcony of the diamond lounge, taken from the entrance gate

DSC05006.jpg?t=1280071153

dbboss1

Read everyone of your posts on the Oasis. Fantastic, Thank -you. We were on oasis in Feb and agree on everything you said. We are booked again for Oct.with friends.

When we were on in Feb, the Diamond Club was not open. We could not even get in to see it. Maybe we should have tried several more times.

My question is: looking at your pictures ,can you see the parade from the Diamond lounge Balcony ? Looks like maybe you can. I can't wait for Oct to show my friends this awesome ship.

We are also from North of Boston.

dbboss1

Read everyone of your posts on the Oasis. Fantastic, Thank -you. We were on oasis in Feb and agree on everything you said. We are booked again for Oct.with friends.

When we were on in Feb, the Diamond Club was not open. We could not even get in to see it. Maybe we should have tried several more times.

My question is: looking at your pictures ,can you see the parade from the Diamond lounge Balcony ? Looks like maybe you can. I can't wait for Oct to show my friends this awesome ship.

We are also from North of Boston.

Where north of Boston?????

I watched the 70s night from the Diamond Lounge. I could see the figures of Richard Spacey and his staff dancing, but not well. But I could hear the music, and see the people and feel the vibe, so I was happy to be up there for sure!! I took a bunch of pictures from up there but the flashing lights were pink and blue and it was dark and I was far away.

Where north of Boston?????

I watched the 70s night from the Diamond Lounge. I could see the figures of Richard Spacey and his staff dancing, but not well. But I could hear the music, and see the people and feel the vibe, so I was happy to be up there for sure!! I took a bunch of pictures from up there but the flashing lights were pink and blue and it was dark and I was far away.

We had Richard Spacey also. LOVED HIM. We are from Woburn, but we spend 3 months in Delray Beach. So we will be driving through NC. Will drive down Oct 1 leave our car and fly home on the 19th. Our cruise is Oct 9- 16 Then fly back in Jan till end of March. There is a big thread on cc for that cruise. I KNOW ITS GOING TO BE FUN !!!

I don't really like the drive down from up North but anything for a cruise , besides I am not allowed to drive, DH says we would never get there. I know you don't like to fly but Id rather fly than that long drive. Thanks again, hope the Diamond lounge is open for us. We can use the consiege lounge but the rest of our group are Diamonds so we usualy stick with them but think I will check it out. Can't believe I never went in in Feb (my Loss) again we were with my son and he is a Diamond also and we were happy with Diamond lounge at the disco for drinks before dinner.

We had Richard Spacey also. LOVED HIM. We are from Woburn, but we spend 3 months in Delray Beach. So we will be driving through NC. Will drive down Oct 1 leave our car and fly home on the 19th. Our cruise is Oct 9- 16 Then fly back in Jan till end of March. There is a big thread on cc for that cruise. I KNOW ITS GOING TO BE FUN !!!

I don't really like the drive down from up North but anything for a cruise , besides I am not allowed to drive, DH says we would never get there. I know you don't like to fly but Id rather fly than that long drive. Thanks again, hope the Diamond lounge is open for us. We can use the consiege lounge but the rest of our group are Diamonds so we usualy stick with them but think I will check it out. Can't believe I never went in in Feb (my Loss) again we were with my son and he is a Diamond also and we were happy with Diamond lounge at the disco for drinks before dinner.

We lived in Rowley before we moved to NC....lived in Peabody for about 20 years before that.

Archived